Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just One of Dem Days!

Have you ever had one of those days where you had the day all planned and there seemed to be evil forces trying to keep you from completing your tasks?  I had one yesterday.  It started off on track. I got my oil changed in my car.  I mailed off the new sofa to it's new owner. (I just love mailing products out!).  Stopped by a few stores and picked up some items to do some projects for the upcoming beach video. All in all, a great start.

Well, one of my "To Do" items involved fixing my camera. The little button in the battery compartment broke off and the battery won't stay in. The memory card is also having trouble staying in. Seems easy enough to fix, but no luck on my part. Since they are both spring loaded, it is not as simple as putting a piece of tape over the door.  Buying a new camera is definitely not in my budget! Did I mention, this one's warranty expired 2 months ago. After looking at new cameras, I decide I will have to fix my camera myself.  Well, it took me quite some time to get something that would work.  Let's just say electrical tape was involved.  I will still have to get a new camera soon, but for now I can still function. I do have a back up camera, but it is old, and the images aren't as crisp.

I decided to start on my sewing projects.  I was really excited to get some new things sewn for the ladies beach trip.  Would you believe the sewing machine was acting up!  I know it is not the machine.  It was definitely operator error, but nothing I did would work.  I knew then that it was time to shut it down for the night and start over tomorrow.  Somebody just didn't want me to finish that list and have that wonderful feeling of accomplishment.  That's alright.  Today is a new day!

I did manage a few pictures about 11pm last night.  They are not the greatest because at that late hour I was not setting up all those lights.

This is a little knitted dress I bought at the local Miniature Store for $8.50. It will look cute with tights and shoes.

Danielle saw this table at the Miniature store for $15.

She thought it was perfect for the boys to do their work and crafts. She's in the process of transforming their room into a big boys room.  So that means no more "Winnie the Pooh".

By the way, the beach house is coming along splendidly!  Won't be long before I can start shooting.  

8 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I have those days too. Love the little dress and table. I can't wait to see the beach house. I have an idea in my mind for the Laurent family home in the islands but have not worked it out yet. I'm thinking it is a three week project. I have to work myself up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate those type of days.

    I'm so excited! Can't wait to see the beach house. Your dolls are so lucky!

    Very cute finds, especially the table and chair set. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on borrowed camera time right now. I set up a diorama. borrow a friends camera for a couple of hours. Take about 1-2000 pictures than I return the camera. It's shameful how I live but all three of my cameras are broken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ms Leo How do you hide a 3 week project from the husband?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kory I never knew how dependent I was on my camera until I couldn't get it to work. Maybe you are allergic to cameras. I can't imagine why else you would have 3 broken ones. LOL! Are you at least saving for a new one, or have you given up all hope that you will ever own another one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vanessa,

    I have those days too and I feel your pain about the sewing machine. In January when I sat down to make some doll clothes as a birthday present for my niece, I discovered the machine was not working at all. Week before last I took it to be serviced. Let's just say that I could have bought a cheap Singer for what it cost to repair the machine. I've had it for 20 years, however, whereas the Singer, like your camera, probably wouldn't last much past the warranty. The happy ending to that story is that when I went to pick up the machine, I arrived a few minutes before the shop opened so I went to the Toys R Us in the same strip mall and found two Liv dolls on sale.

    Speaking of sales, you might check in the clearance aisle at Bed Bath and Beyond. I just picked up some miniature Tinker Toy and Lincoln Log sets that would be perfect for your "big boys" room.

    Looking forward to the beach video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Paulette OMGoodness Tinker Toys and Lincoln logs! I am definitely going to check that out! Funny how finding a ToysRUs always makes life better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vanessa I've had a few of those days..LOL. I still have yet to start listing on my Show & Sell page.

    Love the table and chair set. It is too cute :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...