Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update on the Daddy/Daughter Dance

I am very close to being able to shoot the video.  I just finished the last party platter and the buffet table is looking really good.  I still have to figure out the drinks and what I am going to use for cups.  I don't have enough side dishes on the table, so I may add one more dish.  Making the food has given me a chance to envision the layout of the ballroom.  Up until 3 days ago, I was stuggling with how to pur the ballroom together.  I had designed the room weeks ago, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Three days ago, I saw a better  layout in my head, so I redesigned the room and took a giant leap forward.  So right now all the families are seated in the ballroom and ready to go.  The food and drink tables are set and just waiting for the last of the food.  I still have to do something about a few decorations.  My original decorating ideas didn't work so well, so they have been taken down.  From what I can tell, there will be at least 2 - 3 videos once all is said and done.  I feel confident that I can start shooting at the latest Saturday.  I will shoot for Friday, but since that is my birthday, I don't know what that day will hold.  

What's a party without a party platter? I am happy with the results.  Everything is loose, so the people will be able to put the food on their plates.  I think in the future, if I decide to sell something like this in my store, I will glue everything down and maybe offer extra pieces on the side to be used for plating.  It was a pain having everything loose.  I have to redo those olives (after the dance). I think I can make them better. 

On the left is smoked turkey. On the right is roast beef.  The green balls are parsley.

On the left is ham and on the right is cheese.  

Can't forget the mustard and the mayo.

But I did forget the bread!  Darn!

14 comments:

  1. Quite a spread! Can't wait to see the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the platter of cheese and ham! I think this dance is gonna be the highlight of your videos...Cant waite to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, You are amazing! It looks so real! Can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. limbe dolls - Thanks. They will at least have some good food, even if the dance is a bust. LOL.

    william - Oh the pressure you guys put on me! I think fun will be had by all.

    Frannie - I have started raiding my frig to try to reproduce food colors. Of course the only thing on this platter I had was cheese. I have to admit as I was making the turkey I got caught up and thought it was real. I had to stop myself from popping one in my mouth. I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanessa....I am so amazed at ALL of your talents. What can you "not" do? Lol! I look so forward to the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Georgia Girl. The one thing I can "not" do is turn off my brain, so I am constantly flooded with ideas. I would amaze myself if I could actually implement most of the ideas that pop into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Van love it. If I had 1/10 of your talent and energy I could have things sorted by now. I am always in awe of people's talents

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dollz4Moi - Thanks! I think it is more about my "drive". The main talent that I have is my ability to learn. When everyone else is sleeping I am usually up doing research. It's 3am and I am working on new furniture designs. So I have the utmost faith that you will be able to get that sorting done. My favorite quote is..."Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you are right"! I always believe that I can. And that is why I am able to do what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As for cups, it just occurred to me that craft stores and dollar stores often sell packets of plastic goblets painted silver or gold for wedding favors. I bought a bunch of these thinking I would use them for a banquet some day. They might work for your Daddy-Daughter dance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. limbe dolls - Thanks! You are a life saver. Hope I can find some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food looks great! I normally stick to food I already have when taking a shot. You raise the bar!For the Polymer Clay food, do you color it before making the item or painted after making it? How long do it take to dry? Is it fragile? Have you started to make a piece and found that you didn't like the color? What do you use as the coloring... die or paint? Did you make the dishes for thke mustard and mayo? They had to be a little hard to come by!

    Oh...if you keep putting that assistant thing into the universe, the universe will send you one! It is the law of the universe! See yourself with an assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ms. Leo - I mix different polymer clays to get the right color. My color theory class comes in real handy. Yes, I have had instances where the colors weren't quite right. But I just turn it into something else. I usually look at different pictures to try to get the colors right. Just a few days ago it dawned on me that I should be working from the real thing. Of course there is not a lot that I eat that is really interesting, but for the things that are, I will create colors from that. I also use pastels, acrylics, and oil paints when necessary to achieve the results I want. I did make the bowls. I have made some plates as well. I am trying to perfect my plate making. The food is actually baked, not dried. It's not very fragile. Nothing I have properly made has every broken. I did break a few plates that weren't baked long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about being so late but you could use the bottom of Crayola twistables and sand them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana - Thanks. I've never heard of Crayola twistables. I will have to look those up,

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...