Monday, October 1, 2012

The Pediatrician's Office is Packed! (Photostory)

 It's flu season in Morristown, and that means lots of shots, especially for the kids. This explains the overcrowded waiting room at the pediatrician's office.


The receptionist is busy sorting patient files.  Let's take a look to see who's here.

There's Mia (from Chang Realty) and her daughter, Isobel.

Sylvia is there with both her daughters.

Sophia and...

Jessica, who is playing a game on her laptop.

There's Kate and her son, William (named after our fellow blogger, William of 1/6th Point of view).  Seemed only fitting that mom be named Kate.  She has stopped working on her Ipad to answer a question from William.  The prop used as an Ipad is from the Bieber Backstage Playset.

Jaya is trying to keep her daughter, Kimie (both newly named), occupied.

Her older daughter, Hannah is content listening to her ipod.  I can't remember which accessory pack this ipod is from, but there is one in the LIV slumber party accessory pack.  I cut the cord to make it shorter.

Kendra has just finished with her weekly doctor's visit.  Everything seems to be progressing fine with the baby.

"So I guess we need to schedule your next appointment."  (receptionist)
"Yes.  I wish I didn't have to come every week."  (Kendra)
"You know they just want to make sure everything is okay with the baby."  (receptionist)

"Mom, I got the high score!  I beat Dad's score.  I've been trying forever!"  (Jessica)

"I'm sure he is going to be excited to hear that."  (Sylvia)

As Kendra is leaving the office, Michelle, one of the nurse's in the office, is entering with her two kids.

"Hello Kendra.  Nice to see you."  (Michelle)
"Hi.  I was wondering where you were, today."  (Kendra)

"I took the day off, so I could get some things done with the kids, including their doctor's appointment."  (Michelle)
"Awww, I didn't know you had a little one, too.  I remember you talking about your two year old."  (Kendra)

"Well Mikayla is at that age where she is into everything.  So I guess I do mention her more.  I always thought they were exaggerating about the terrible two's, but I was so wrong."  (Michelle)
"Great.  Something else for me to look forward to."  (Kendra, sarcastically)

"And she looks so innocent.  Hello sweetie."  (Kendra)

"She is sweet, most of the time.  But when she's not, watch out."  (Michelle)

Remember Sasha?  Well she's the other nurse in the office.

"Don't you just love flu season?"  (receptionist)
"Keeps us busy.  That's for sure."  (Sasha)


"You made it." (receptionist)
"Yes, finally.  I wanted to get here a little earlier, but you see that didn't happen."  (Michelle)

"Hello, Mikayla.  Look at the pretty doll.  Can I see your dolly?"

"Mrs. Redmond, we are ready for you." 

"Great. I'm be right there."  (Sylvia)

"Jessica, let's go.  Turn off the computer." (Sylvia)
"But mom, I can't stop now.  I'm close to beating my score." (Jessica)
"You will have to play later.  Let's go."  (Sylvia)

Mikayla has made her way over to show off her dolly.

"What's up with this waiting room?  Is it my imagination, or are we overbooked?"  (Michelle)

"Well Dr. Ken had an emergency this morning, and I had to push his patients back an hour.  So we have a little bit of an overlap."  (receptionist)
"I'm glad it wasn't Dr. Pai that had the delay.  I don't want to be here all day."  (Michelle)

As you can see, it's a tad bit busy in the doctor's office.  Stay tuned for the next episode, where we will venture into the exam room.  Did I tell you my primary doctor's name is Dr. Ken.  Quite appropriate, I must say.


34 comments:

  1. All the kids look so adorable, espicially Mikayla! Nice to see Sasha making another appearance, and also glad to see Kendra progressing well with her pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - Thanks. Let's hope Mikayla is still adorable after she see's the doctor.

      Delete
  2. Oh Vanessa, please tell me you aren't going to make us watch as those precious little ones get their flu shots. I will cry with them. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie - I don't think I will be showing any of the flu shots, unless, I can put my hands on the right props. LOL! Good thing the exam rooms are sound proof or all the little ones in the lobby would be afraid. Very afraid.

      Delete
  3. I always love seeing the kids. They're so precious. I love Mikayla showing off her dolly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - I, too, love the kiddies. They just make me smile.

      Delete
  4. They all look cute but I'm glad you didn't have a sound track as I'm sure it was very noisy in the waiting room. It's good to know Kendra is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - All adorable and a little noisy. Hopefully they will get them in and out quickly.

      Delete
  5. Just as awesome looking as the past video episode at the Pediatrician's office. Kendra looks so cute with her little pooch, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Thanks. Kendra has been very creative finding maternity clothes in Morristown. I think she is off to meet her husband for a late lunch.

      Delete
  6. Another sweet slice of life vignette. I love Kendra's maternity top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Thanks. I was very happy she and I were able to make that top and skirt work in her condition.

      Delete
  7. I have the same nurse outfits, I bought 4 of them, you know, there are never enough nurses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - Yes, it's always good to have nurse and doctor outfits. Sasha looks really good in the purple.

      Delete
  8. Isobel, huh? I guess William isn't the only one with a namesake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vita Plastica - OMG. At first I am like what is she talking about. Then I think she must be talking about her children. Am I right? I wish I could say I was thinking of your beautiful daughters when she was named, but unfortunately, I was just going through a computerized name list looking for a beautiful name. Found that one and loved how unique it was.

      Delete
  9. Flu shots ugh! I need to get mine soon. Love your dio as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Welcome back! Now that you are back in the real world....you, too, get to do things like get a flu shot. I'm sure you had a marvelous time.

      Delete
  10. Dr Ken hehehehe! That's a perfect name indeed! Perfect dio as always, I loved the way you made it look like a crowded waiting room in real life, with all those little people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Yes. I told him he was rare in the doll world as and African American Dr. Ken. All those kids in one room, waiting to see the doctor, is a recipe for disaster.

      Delete
  11. The kids are the best. It is very easy to create a story involving them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - There are very few who enjoy the kids as much as you and I do.

      Delete
  12. Love Your Dolls Name!!
    So So Cute The Kids!!
    You do very whell groups pics...and it's difficult to do...
    I Have Again To Say:CONGRATZ,Vanessa!!
    Lovely Lovely Lovely!!(I Love That Red Chairs!!Chic!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jorge - Thanks! The kids always steal the show over here. I just love working with them.

      Delete
  13. Hello from Spain: Sophia is very cute. You're right that autumn is cold and flu season. Jessica's computer is very nice. Kendra is very pretty. Pregnancy favors him very well. I see overbooking in this waiting room. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - I need to give Sophia's family a little more camera time. I think you are right, that Kendra is enjoying being pregnant.

      Delete
  14. This is too cute! I can hear all the little sniffles and coughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Thanks. Hope there aren't too many germs floating around in the waiting room. But when are that many kids around without the cooties?

      Delete
  15. Cute pictures.

    Hope the little ones didn't have too long to wait before seeing the pediatrician -- the office was packed!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Things started moving a little quicker at the Ped's office. Thank goodness. Those kids were starting to get a little restless.

      Delete
  16. Love seeing the kiddies and Mikayla has to be the cutest - oops, I didn't type that. (Glad Julian was not there. Hate to think of him having to get a needle.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - You are warming up to the kiddies more and more. Julian and Jacob were scheduled to be there, but plans were changed at the last minute.

      Delete
  17. Where did you get this little doll toy from Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doll stuff - Mikayla's doll is a handmade polymer clay doll that came with the handmade polymer clay baby, that is now Mikayla's sister. The ebay seller hasn't been making dolls in over a year now.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...