Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Racquel Checks Out A New Space (Photostory)

 If you recall, Terrance, Racquel's husband, said he would look for a new space for Ni'Chalet's Boutique.  He has found a potential space.  Racquel is headed to meet him and Realtor Sunni Lee to check it out.

According to her GPS, she is about 10 minutes away from her destination.  

((BEEEEP, BEEEEP))

"You idiot!  Where did you get your license?"  (Racquel screams after being cutoff by a white Escalade.)

Racquel remembers that Shay is in the back.
"I'm sorry Shay.  Mommy shouldn't be yelling like that."

Minutes later....
"We should be close."

"I think that's the building right there."

"I think he said it's the one on the end."

Racquel speeds across the parking lot.  She is running late as usual.

Inside, Terrance and Sunni have been discussing the space.  It is a small commercial space at the end of the strip mall.

"As you can see, there is a ton of potential here."  (Sunni)
Just then, Racquel comes through the front door.

"Hello.  We're here.  Sorry I'm late.  Hi, Sunni."  (Racquel)
"Hello, Racquel.  You are not so late." (Sunni)

Terrance crosses the room to greet his wife and daughter.  Sunni checks her bag for the specs on the space.

"Hello, honey.  Did you have trouble finding the place?"  (Terrance kisses both her and Shay on the cheek)
"Not really.  I left the boutique a little later than I had planned." (Racquel)
"Well come take a look and tell me what you think."  (Terrance)

Before she looks around, Racquel starts asking questions of Sunni.
"What kind of store was here before, and why did they leave?"  (Racquel)

"This used to be a Women's shoe and accessory store.  The owner's mother fell ill and she had to relocate to be closer to her mother.  Why don't you take a look and see if this space would work for Ni'Chalet's?"  (Sunni)


"I like the space.  I'm still not sure if it's the right vibe for Ni'Chalet's.  This has a more modern feel, and Ni'Chalet's is a little more traditional."  (Racquel)

"Maybe the furnishings in here are making you feel that way."  (Sunni)
"You may be right.  The furnishings are nice, though.  Do they come with the lease?"  (Racquel)
"At the moment it's all abandoned furniture, so I'm sure if you were interested, something could be worked out."  (Sunni)

"Nice table.  This would be nice in the boutique."  (Racquel)
She looks around a little more then goes to confer with Terrance.

"So...."  (Terrance)
"It's nice.  I'm just not sure it's what I'm looking for."  (Racquel)

"Personally, I think it's the right size.  The location is good...."  (Terrance)
Racquel cuts him off.
"The location is okay.  It would be nicer if it were a little closer to where the store is now."  (Racquel)
Terrance knows this is a decision that Racquel will have to make.  He tries to let her run her business the way she sees fit.  

"So are you ready to move forward?"  (Sunni)

"Not exactly.  I mean I love the place, but I need to think about it a little more.  Are there a lot of people interested in the space?"  (Racquel)

"I don't have another client looking at it, but I'm sure other Realtors are showing it, too.  It's a great space in a great location, so I'm sure it will go fast."  (Sunni)

Racquel has to go with her gut.  She needs to take a little time to make sure this is the right move for the boutique.  

22 comments:

  1. If it's meant to be, she'll get it. If someone else gets it, it just wasn't meant to be. I'm a firm believer in trusting intuition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - Amen to the that. A person's intuition is usually right.

      Delete
  2. Racquel should go with her gut instinct. She will know and feel when she comes across the right space. I love your scenes. The one where Racquel is tooting the horn is my favorite....and funny.

    Racquel and Terrence is a great looking couple. You matched them up well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - This place has more of an urban feel. I think she is concerned that it doesn't have the upscale feel she wants. But, I think she could transform the space. But I, too, will leave it up to her. Terrance at least found her something, so she can't say he's not trying.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sergio - She's likely to hold off any moves until the beginning of next year. But you never know.

      Delete
  4. I wonder what Raquel will decide.

    Great scenes!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Your guess is as good as mine. There will probably be some pillow talk about it later. Terrance may offer some more advice later.

      Delete
  5. I think Racquel is very wise in waiting, this kind of decisions need their time to be taken. The new space looks nice, but sometimes it's just not the right time. Love the photo of the car in front of the mall, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - I'm glad Sunni didn't try to pressure her. Sometimes those Realtors are a little pushy. I'm still working on my digital imaging skills. I have a lot to learn.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad that she's taking the time to think rather than do an impulse descion. Nice to see Sunni again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - I need to show Sunni's cute husband, Chang, soon. He's been missing in action.

      Delete
  7. Love The Delicateness Of This Awesome Photos!
    And The Gracious Of The Story!
    The Car Is "Super"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jorge - Thanks. I'm on a mission to show my cars more often. I have a ton of them and they are just taking up space.

      Delete
  8. Hello from Spain: I love that car. This Christmas I would ask my Santa Claus. Just come on sale in stores in my city. It is much more expensive than in your country. But it is a very real car. I love seeing the car with Racquel. I really like the window of the future store. Did you create your window or bought it ??? I think that Rachel acts well and she has to think about what she wants for her future store. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - I hope Santa brings you that car at a good price. It's one of my favorite little cars. That is a window for a miniature house. I bought it at the miniature store.

      Delete
  9. How did you do the parking lot scene - photoshop or were you there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - I used a digital imaging program called Microsoft Imaging. Similar to what you would do in Photoshop.

      Delete
  10. It's good to see Raquel is remembering that 'location, location, location' is the most important thing about real estate decisions and not being swayed by the size and the price. I'm sure she will soon find the perfect place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - She's a pretty good business woman. I'm glad she knows how to stand her ground and not let her husband control it.

      Delete
  11. Sometimes you just know and she obviously wasn't feeling it. She should keep looking.

    Oh another note, she drives like my mom. I learned to curse as a kid from my mother yelling at other drives like she was in the derby or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - LOL! I'm sure Nichelle has heard her fair share of OOPS words. I can just see you know as a kid, repeating what your mom said. I'm sure she was not amused.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...