Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Meanwhile at the Other Taylor Home.... (Photostory)

Danielle and the kids have returned home after a fun filled day with the neighbors.  Rod and Freeman are still out fishing.

Danielle has fallen asleep on the sofa.  The boys are upstairs taking a nap.  They were exhausted after running around all day.
*BRRRRIIINNGGG,  BRRRIINNGGG* 

"Oh goodness, I must have fallen asleep."

She can see from the caller id that it's Rod.
"Hello honey.  How are you guys making out?"  (Danielle)
(pause)

"That's great.  So you're on your way home?"  (Danielle)
(pause)

"We're fine.  (pause)  No. The boys are sleeping."  (Danielle)
(pause)

"Okay.  I love you.  I'll see you when you get here.  (pause)  Be careful."  (Danielle)

Danielle takes a nice long stretch before heading to the kitchen to do the dishes.  She figures she has about an hour and a half before Rod gets home.  This leaves enough time to do a few things upstairs and get dinner started.

She needs to do a couple loads of laundry, but decides to save that until tomorrow.

She wanted me to show you her laundry area just off the kitchen. 

With the dishes done, she decides to quickly check on the boys.

They are still fast asleep.  All that running around really tuckered them out.

"Awwww, look at them."  (Danielle)
Danielle contemplates waking them up.  Too much sleep and they won't be able to get to sleep later.  She decides to go start dinner first.  Waking up Jacob could lead to a cranky toddler and this in turn could make dinner preparations a little more challenging.   She first heads to her bedroom to straighten up a bit and then back to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

She decides on fresh fish for her and Rod, and hot dogs for the boys.  They don't get hot dogs often, so they will consider this a treat.

She is preparing fish that Rod caught the last time he went fishing.  

She hears keys in the door.

"Honey, you're home.  That was fast."  (Danielle)

"I guess I was anxious to get back home."  (Rod)

"So how was the trip?"  (Danielle)
"It was really good.  Dad and I were able to clear the air.  I think we are going to be okay."  (Rod)

"That's wonderful.  I know how much that was bothering you."  (Danielle)
"I missed you today."  (Rod)
"I missed you, too."  (Danielle)

After a sweet hello kiss, Danielle heads back to the kitchen.

"Ah, you're cooking the fish I caught."  (Rod)
"Speaking of fish, where is your fish from today?"  (Danielle)

"I let my dad have it all.  We still have quite a bit here."  (Rod)
"Ah, that was nice of you."  (Danielle)
"He was happy. Well, I'm going to go take a shower."  (Rod)
"Ok.  Dinner will be ready soon." (Danielle)

Rod steals another kiss before he leaves.

Danielle watches as leaves.

"You sure you don't want to join me?"  (Rod)
"I would love to, but there are going to be two hungry little boys looking for some food soon."  (Danielle)
"Ok, but you don't know what you are missing."  (Rod)

37 comments:

  1. I say go for it! Hot dogs take only minutes to cook! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. veda - You sound like a woman who enjoys a good hot dog. LOL!

      Delete
  2. The houses are really coming together. I envy Danielle's washer and dryer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - They were planning a bigger remodel, but maybe later in the year. There's just so much happening in their lives right now. Danielle was planning to install a separate laundry room, but she had to make do with this one.

      Delete
  3. I really love their house. It's beautiful! And the boys look so sweet napping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - Their home is coming along. They installed a new kitchen floor and the laundry room. That's Rod's cabinet in the corner. He didn't bring a lot of stuff to the house. Next they have to work on Nicole's room.

      Delete
  4. I was missing this couple, they are just lovely! Despite my "admiration" for Darius, Rod and Danielle's stories are usually my favourite. The laundry corner is great, much better than mine, to be honest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - I always enjoy seeing this family, too. Her laundry is nicer than mine, too.

      Delete
  5. Hello from Spain: this story is very real and everyday. I love it. I also like cooking and washing area. I saw the iron stores and washing machines but in the end I did not buy it. Seeing your washing area I want it now. I also really like fish ... Rod is wearing a very cool clothes. We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Every doll family needs a washer and dryer. You must add one to your collection. I may get a different one in the near future.

      Delete
  6. Great story;) the photos are so realistic! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chynadoll - Thanks! It's been a minute since we've seen the newlyweds.

      Delete
  7. Hi Van, Rod is so loving/Danielle is so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. drupay - Rod is a gem, but Danielle deserved a good man. She has a really good heart.

      Delete
  8. I lust after your furniture pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pattidolls - LOL. Danielle's been wanting some new living room furniture. She's on my wait list.

      Delete
  9. Everything is always cool an perferct in your dios! Great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - Thanks, dear. We are trying to get all the homes in order.

      Delete
  10. Very sweet photo story. Rod and Danielle are my favorite Morristown couple. Love your dio's as always! Remodeling is coming along very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goergia Girl - Thanks. I could have sworn you said Nikki and Darius were you favorite. LOL!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Mark - Feel free to come visit their place any time.

      Delete
  12. Awww that was good. Loved all the scenes. She looked so adoringly in on the kids. Girl when Christopher was Jacobs age when I wanted him to wake up I would just stop tip toeing around. I would start vacuuming, playing music etc. He was much better if he woke up on his own than if I tried to get him up. Lesson learned. Danielle and Rod are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - You know Christopher was cursing you out in his head. ROFL! Rod and Danielle are still in that honeymoon stage. I hope they can keep it going. I don't want to be doing a post called, "The Honeymoon Is Over."

      Delete
  13. Oohh, how sweet - I hope they can keep this going after the honeymoon is over too. The boys look very cute, asleep like that. And that's a very nice laundry, no wonder Danielle wanted us to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Melanie is about to reenter the picture, so let's see how well they handle things.

      Delete
  14. I'm so glad Freeman and Rod are working things out. I think family relationships are so important. Making up is the best way to avoid living with regrets.

    The boys room looks great and I love the laundry area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Now Freeman needs to meet the kids. That laundry room was long overdue. I'm glad they finally got it installed.

      Delete
  15. Rod is working that shirt. It's very casual dad.

    The first photo is my favorite. She looks beautiful with her eyes closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - That's Rod's fishing shirt. Did you see all the fishing stuff? He has another fishing shirt,too. He's such the outdoorsman.

      Delete
  16. Great shots. I love the ones where she's looking in on the boys with the light behind her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vita Plastica - Thanks! I'm sure you have done the 'look in' many times.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...