Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Antoinette's Home From Work (Photostory)

If you recall, Tony was with the kids at fun day.  Antoinette was working on a cooking TV spot that day, and couldn't join them.  She is finally home. 

The Taylor home has gone through a slight remodel.  Antoinette still has a few things to add like curtains and accessories on the bookcase and rattan shelf.

"Hello.  I'm home."

"Hello girls.  Why is the music up so loud?"  (Antoinette)
Nikaya hops up to turn the volume down on the stereo.

Zahara and Nikaya are listening to music and eating their icees they got from fun day.

"Hi mommy!"

"Where is your father and Kenaz?"  (Antoinette)
"Dad is upstairs and Kenaz is right there.  He fell asleep."  (Nikaya)

Kenaz is stirring a little and Antoinette scoops him up.  Whenever she has to tape a cooking segment, the days are extremely long.  She enjoys coming home to the kids.

"Well hello pumpkin.  Did you have fun today?"  (Antoinette)
"Hi, mommy."  (Kenaz)

"Mommy, we had so much fun today.  They had bumper cars, and a playground.  Then we went to the beach and Nikaya got to go on the ski thingy."  (Zahara)

"What's the ski thingy?"  (Antoinette to Nikaya)
"She means the jetski." (Nikaya answers without moving from her icee.)
"I hope you aren't getting that on your dad's newspaper."  (Antoinette)
"He already finished reading it." (Nikaya)
"I hope you're right."  (Antoinette)

Zahara hops down and heads over to her treat.

"I got a blue icee.  Nikaya got a lemon one."  (Zahara)
"Why are you guys eating those so close to dinner time?"  (Antoinette)
"Daddy said it was okay."  (Nikaya)

Antoinette heads to the kitchen.  Kenaz is right behind her.
"Mommy, I'm hungry."  (Kenaz)

Antoinette looks at the mess in the kitchen.  She is not happy. 

"Who left the juice and the peanut butter on the counter?"  (Antoinette)
There's silence in the den.
"MOMMY, I'm hungry."  (Kenaz)

"Okay, Kenaz.  How about a graham cracker?"  (Antoinette)

"This should hold you until dinner."  (Antoinette)

Just then, Tony enters the kitchen.
"Honey, you're home.  How was work?"  (Tony)

"Work was okay.  Too long, as usual."  (Antoinette) 

"I'm sorry about the mess.   I was just headed down to clean it up, but I wanted to take a quick shower."  (Tony)
Antoinette starts to complain about her messy kitchen, but decides to let it pass.  She imagines dealing with three kids all day is enough to give her husband a pass on the dirty kitchen.... at least for today.

26 comments:

  1. Tony, tony, tony *tsks*! He's lucky Antoinette gave him a pass. He would have no such luck with me! At least the kids seems like they enjoyed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - LOL! I knew there would be some touchy kitchen people out there. I think he knows he got off easy.

      Delete
  2. Love their remodeled home! Very nice. I think he deserves a kitchen pass "only" because he had the three kids on fun day and took out a moment to shower. It was probably hot and sweaty outdoors. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. I'm glad she took a pause and didn't go off on him. I know how easy that is to do at times.

      Delete
  3. My husband doesn't have to take care of three children and when he spends a few days at home he always turns the kitchen into a dangerous area. So Antoniette is very lucky LOL. The children look happy, she has nothing to worry about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - LOL! Sometimes kitchens and husbands just don't mix. Tony is still in training, but he's getting much better.

      Delete
  4. I love how the natural light comes through the window leaving shadows in the room. It gives it more of a realistic feel.

    The other day my husband asked our son if he was babysitting his kids. I said "He's their father, so he's not babysitting". I don't know why guys say "babysitting". But I did notice that you said "take care of the children" which is the right way. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie - That window is right between the Taylor home and The Taylor home. LOL! I just remembered Danielle is now a Taylor. Aye ya ya.

      You were right to set your husband straight on the 'babysitting' thing. Dad's don't babysit in Morristown. They share in the duties of child rearing.

      Delete
  5. I love the remodel of the Taylor home :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Spain: I like the house of Antoinette. I have the same blue house of Barbie and I like how you use it. I'll copy the idea. Tony did not clean the kitchen but I'm sure he is a great parent ... Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. I have 3 of these houses. I needed to put a couple to use. Tony is a great parent. That's probably why Antoinette is letting him off the hook.

      Delete
    2. Good to know I'm not the only one who buys play sets in threes. You make that house look great here. I also like Antoinette's dress.

      Delete
    3. limbe dolls - Thanks. I bought one at the regular store and found two more at the same thrift store on two separate trips. Couldn't pass that up. Antoinette's dress is from Whitesquirrel on Etsy.

      Delete
  7. Hey,Vanessa!
    You're the QUEEN Of The Beautiful Doll's Fornitures!
    This Is Amazing!!
    LOVE The Photos!!
    What A Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jorge - Awww, thanks! Such a sweet thing to say.

      Delete
  8. Those girls have Tony wrapped around their fingers.

    That kitchen was a mess. But I might have given Tony a pass too after saying, "Look at this kitchen."

    Cute photo story.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Yes, the "daddy said we could" girls were in daddy heaven all day. She didn't even have to say look at this kitchen. He KNEW what she was thinking.

      Delete
  9. Bonjour Vanessa, j'aime beaucoup la robe à rayures. Est-ce que vous l'avez faites ??? Cette robe est vraiment magnifique. L'histoire est toujours aussi sublime ! À bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shasarignis - Merci! No, je n'ai pas pris cette robe. Je l'ai acheté sur etsy au shop, WhiteSquirrel

      Delete
  10. Boy did she glare at him though! Girl why was I holding my breath hoping the kids weren't going to get blue icee on the sofa or carpet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - I saw that glare, too. LOL about the kids spilling the icees. You are apparently a mom who has had her fair share of spills.

      Delete
  11. Tony's such a good guy. That really isn't a bad mess, LOL.

    I LOVE their home, you have it decorated so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Thanks. Tony really is a good guy. I'm glad to finally have their home back in order. They went through quite a few layouts before they settled on this one.

      Delete
  12. Shoot, I live alone and sometimes my kitchen looks like that. At least he was coming down to clean it ... or so he says. 0.o

    These are some great photos. The lighting is lovely. You can almost see dust beams gleaming in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Living alone is so much easier. No one coming in and expecting anything. LOL at the dust beam comment. That window is right between both Taylor homes.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...