Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Guests Have Arrived at Nikki and Darius'

Nikki has just finished a few last minute details.  Their friends should be arriving any minute.  They are looking forward to a nice, casual evening with a few hor d'oerves and desserts.

"Honey, what are you looking for?"  (Nikki)
"I was checking to make sure we had Cokes and Sprites."  (Darius)

"I guess I can take this apron off, now."  (Nikki)
*DING DONG*

"It's showtime."  (Nikki)
"I'll get the door."  (Darius)
Darius returns moments later with his cousin, Jacquelyn.

"Hey, girl."  (Jacquelyn)
"Hey, Jacquelyn.  I told you, you didn't have to bring anything."  (Nikki)

"This is not from me.  It's from my mother.  I stopped by on the way over here and she insisted I bring this."  (Jacquelyn)

"Is that her rum raisin coffee cake?"  (Darius)
"Sure is.  Hope you don't mind, Nikki."  (Jacquelyn)

"Not at all.  I would never turn down anything your mom cooks, or anything with rum in it."  (Nikki)
They all start laughing.

"Ummm.  It's still warm and it smells wonderful.  Your mom knows she can throw down in the kitchen."  (Nikki)
"Looks like you've been throwing down, too."  (Jacquelyn)

"I do alright."  (Nikki)
*DING DONG*
Darius heads to the door to see who else has arrived. 

"I will have to call your mom, later, to thank her."  (Nikki)
Just then, Pierre and Nicole walk in.

"Well hello you two.  I'm so glad you could make it.  I haven't seen you guys in ages."  (Nikki)

"Hey guys.  Yes, it's been a minute."  (Nicole)
"Well come on in and have a seat.  Can I take your jacket, Nicole?"  (Nikki)
"Not just yet.  I am a little chilly."  (Nicole) 

"So what have you two been up to?"  (Nikki)
"Mainly work.  We did take a week off to go to Florida to visit my family."  (Nicole)

"Everyone seems to be traveling these days.  This one just came back from Egypt."  (Nikki) 
"You went to Egypt!  How was that?"  (Nicole to Jacquelyn)
Just then Racquel enters the room

"Hey guys!" (Racquel)
"Hey Racquel"  (Everyone in the room)

"Are you flying solo, tonight?"  (Nikki)
"Oh no.  Terrance and Darius took a detour to his office."  (Racquel)
"I'm going to strangle Darius."  (Nikki) 

"Come on in and sit down.  As soon as Darius comes back, I'll have him fix us some drinks."  (Nikki)

"Feels good to get off my feet."  (Racquel)
"How's the boutique coming along?"  (Jacquelyn)
"I can't complain.  Sales are pretty steady."  (Racquel)

"Do you have a nice selection of formal gowns? We are having a big Christmas party at work, and I'm trying not to wait until the last minute to find a dress."  (Nicole)
"I will be putting out Christmas dresses next week.  Stop by and take a look.  I ordered some really nice ones."  (Racquel)
Darius and Terrance finally show up.

"Honey, where have you been?"  (Nikki)
"Ummm.  Terrance had to show me something."  (Darius)

"Well, we are all waiting for you to do the drinks."  (Nikki)
"I'm on it."  (Darius)

"Come on Terrance, you can have my seat."  (Nikki)

"Okay guys, what would you like to drink?  We have red and white wine, beer, soda, seltzer, club soda, and tea."  (Nikki) 

"I'll have a beer."  (Terrance)
"White wine for me."  (Racquel)

"I'll just take a Coke."  (Jacquelyn)

"Ummm, you got a Heineken over there?"  (Pierre)
"Of course."  (Darius)

"I'll have a white wine, too."  (Nicole)

"Honey, I'll take care of the drinks." (Darius)
"You sure?  If so, I'll go ahead and cut the coffee cake.  Everything else is ready."  (Nikki)

The guests continue to chat while waiting for their drinks.  

Darius and Nikki join the group after serving the drinks and putting some of the hor d'oerves and desserts on the coffee table.  The conversation and laughter are flowing freely.  After several hours, Jacquelyn is the first to announce she has to leave.  Shortly thereafter, the other two couples follow suit, and call it a night.  Terrance and Racquel are excited to have a night alone.  Baby Shay is spending the night with Grandpa and Grandma.  Nikki and Darius clean up a bit before turning in for the night.

FYI -  Mrs. Langford's Rum Raisin coffee cake was a hit.  So much so, I decided to put one in the Etsy shop.

30 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a great time! I love Jacquelyn's blouse. Did you make it? And now I have to go to bed...I'm dieting, it's late, and coffee cake looks scrumptious! (Sighing) To bed I go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. veda - They did have a great time. It's always nice to take a moment and enjoy friends. Jacquelyn's blouse was part of a Gabi-Mates outfit I bought off of Etsy. You can see the rest of the outfit on this post. http://vansdolltreasures.blogspot.com/2011/12/adele-got-new-outfit.html

      I'm trying to go to bed before I indulge in some chocolate cake. The holidays are such a bad time when it comes to food.

      Delete
  2. As always your attention to detail is mind blowing. I love how you showed pics of Nikki taking off the apron and unwrapping that delicious looking Rum Raisin cake. Those were great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks! As Oprah used to say, "Love is in the details."

      Delete
  3. Such a great photo-story! Jaquelyn and Nikki were my fave characters here :) The Rum Rasin cake sounds delicious and looks as well it would be great if I could have a bite~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asmita - Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I will check with Nikki to see if they had a piece of coffee cake left. If so, I'll have her send it over to you. LOL.

      Delete
  4. Nikki is rocking that red sheath dress! Lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photostory!! Nikki is gorgeous, but as always I fall for Darius... All the food looks delicious and the dio in general is absolutely perfect. One question. Do you write first the script of the story and then take the photos or the other way? I have always wondered about that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Thanks. As I am taking the pictures, I am saying the script in my head. I don't pre-write script. Sometimes when I load the pictures to the blog and start typing the script I had in mind, I may change something based on what I see in the picture.

      Delete
  6. Hello from Spain: I really like this living-room of Nikki. Jacquelyn has an awesome bag. I love coffee cake container. It seems real. I have the same jersey that Perrie is wearing. I have it for many years. All these couples enjoyed a pleasant evening and good conversation with friends. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. The jersey that Pierre is wearing was in the clothes stash I just found in one of my trunks. It was missing for almost 7 yrs. Pierre was happy I found it just in time for the gathering.

      Delete
  7. They all look so elegant and cosmoplitan. And just for a get together! I wonder what Darius and Terrence were doing at the office though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - I've always wanted to be cosmopolitan. I've never been able to pull it off quite like some of my dolls. Who knows what Darius and Terrance were doing? Nikki kept her cool even though he wasn't supposed to be conducting business. He can't help it. It's in his blood.

      Delete
  8. What a great get-together. I'm glad they had tea to drink as well as everything else - I felt right at home. How come there was no coffee (except in that delicious cake)? And what are Terrance and Darius up to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Thanks. I'm not sure why Nikki didn't tell them about the coffee. I think she just got a little sidetracked. Coffee would have gone well with the coffee cake and the other treats. I should have peeked in on Darius and Terrance to see what they were talking about, but I got caught up in the living room conversation.

      Delete
  9. Nothing like having friends and relatives over for a little dinner! Is Jacquelyn the new star trek Uhura doll by chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. william - Isn't that the truth. Yes, Jacquelyn is the Lt. Uhura doll, but she's not new. She came out in 2009.

      Delete
    2. She looks stunning with her hair down though!

      Delete
  10. Sigh ... such nice food. And lovely fashions. Cozy living room setting. Interesting friends. Morristown is THE place to be ;-D

    Good to see Nikki and Darius entertaining. (And yes, Nikki does rock that dress.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - You should stop by sometime. I'm sure the residents would be very accommodating. They love entertaining.

      Delete
  11. Everything looks delicious. You did such and excellent job with everything I felt like I was looking at a real photo story. I know I've said that before. I don't want to wear out the same comment. But this was really good. My first time (maybe second) or regarding Nikki as a regular person. However when we meet in person, she can stay home and you can bring Darius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Thanks! I know how hard it was for you to give Nikki even a back handed compliment. She said, thanks. I will leave Nikki and Diego home when we meet in person.

      Delete
  12. Nikki is definitely a young Diana Ross! <3 What are the ethnicities/nationalities of Pierre and Nicole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - I can see Diana Ross. Nicole was born in Hawaii. She reminds me of the lead singer from the Pussycat dolls. That's how she got her name. Pierre is Caucasian.

      Delete
  13. Everything and everyone looks so sophisticated! The silver and ruby chairs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Thanks! Those chairs were photo frame chairs. I can't remember where I bought them from.

      Delete
  14. Great story with amazing room with decor, accessories, food and dolls. Now I have to go find some rum cake. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Male Doll World - Thanks! LOL! Hope you are able to find some rum cake. Now is the season where lots of people are making rum cake.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...