Thursday, November 29, 2012

Almost Dinner Time (Photostory)

It's Thanksgiving Day and family will be arriving in a few hours.  Antoinette got up early to finish her dinner and get the kids bathed and dressed.  All that's left to do is get the dining room situated before she can shower and get dressed. There is a lot going on in the Taylor dining room.  Most of which Antoinette is not happy about.  She wishes she could snap her fingers and everything would be done.

Antoinette surveys the room.  She wishes she had all gold chairs, but sadly she doesn't.

She takes a look at the table cloth and decides to change it before dinner.  She thinks a white one will be much better.  Nikaya enters the dining room.

"Mommy, can Nicole come over now, so we can play?"  (Nikaya)
"No. She will be coming with her family in a few hours."  (Mom) 

"But she's right next door.  Can I go over there, then?"  (Nikaya)
"No, Nikaya.  I need you here in case I need help."  (Mom)

"But mom, I never get to go play with my friends."  (Nikaya)
"Nikaya, I'm trying to think. Please be quiet."  (Mom)

"Better yet.  Go get your dad.  I need his help."  (Mom)

"DADDY!"  (Nikaya)
"Stop yelling and go find him."  (Mom)

Tony enters a little while later, with a whimpering Kenaz in his arms.

"What's wrong with my baby?"  (Mom)

"He bumped his head.  He's alright."  (Dad)
"Let me have him."  (Mom)

"Awww, my poor baby.  Are you okay?"  (Mom)

"You look like you need a nap."  (Mom)
"Honey, what did you call me in here for?"  (Dad)

"Oh yes.  I almost forgot.  I need you to move some things in here so I can make room for the kid's table."    (Mom)
"Why not just let the kids eat in the kitchen?"  (Dad)
"Because it's Thanksgiving and I want the whole family together."  (Mom)

"Daddy, daddy, daddy.  Save me"  (Zahara)

"Save you from what?"  (Dad)
"Kaya is trying to get me."  (Zahara)
Nikaya comes running in the room.

"Nikaya, what is going on?  You both know there's no running in the house."  (Mom)
"She threw my books on the floor."  (Nikaya)
"Zahara, apologize to your sister."  (Dad)

"I'm sorry."  (Zahara)
"No, you're not."  (Nikaya)

"She apologized.  You need to accept her apology."  (Dad)
"But she's just going to do it again."  (Nikaya) 

"I need you both to go find something constructive to do.  If you can't get along, and let me finish what I'm doing, you will be spending Thanksgiving in your room."  (Mom)

"Okay, okay.  We're leaving."  (Nikaya)
Nikaya turns and leaves.  Zahara reluctantly follows behind.

"Ok.  So I will make room for the kid's table.  Anything else?"  (Dad)
"No.  I think that will do it."  (Mom)

"I'm going to put him down for a nap and help the girls find something to do, before someone gets hurt.

Goodness only knows what this room will look like when dinner starts in a few hours.  And by a few hours, I mean this weekend.  See you then!

FYI - Zahara and Kenaz are wearing outfits from the clothes found in the trunk.  Antoinette and Nikaya are both wearing outfits I bought at the recent doll show.

35 comments:

  1. What an adorable plastic Black family! Lol! The daughters have lovely names. Kinda wish the kids could eat with the adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - The kids will be in the dining room, too. Not sure where yet, but we will squeeze them in.

      Delete
  2. Poor Antoinette. Things aren't going very smoothly for her! But knowing her, she'll hopefully have everything ready before the guests arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - That last minute stretch when entertaining can be tricky. I'm sure she will pull it all together.

      Delete
  3. Well, Nikaya seems to be feeling a bit snarky. Hopefully the kids can get into better moods so that they can all enjoy dinner when the company arrives. I'm sure that everything will come together in the end though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - I agree that Nikaya is a bit snarky, but I think they are all being a little typical. Even in doll world kids don't always behave.

      Delete
  4. Very cute photo story! Zahara and Nikaya little spat was so typical of siblings (loved it). Looking forward to seeing the dinner party. I know you will hook it up with lots of details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. The kids are being very typical. Why do kids act out right before company arrives? Happens all the time. I'm sure they will get it together.

      Delete
  5. poor Antoinette,is taking everything too serious. Looks like she forgot that celebrating holiday with family should be about pleasant spending of time, and not about being all stressed about the color of table cloth:) Seems she is taking it out on children, at least on Nikaya :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jewel snake - I didn't mean to portray her as stressed here. She's not stressed she is just doing the typical thing we do when we are preparing to entertain. Nikaya is being a little overdramatic and mom calmly tells her no. Mom and Dad had to step up and get the girls under control to avoid any further issues.

      Delete
  6. I'd love to be able to snap my fingers and have everything done too. I'm sure Antoinette will sort everything out well and have a lovely time. And kids always seem to pick those times to test the limits - a very realistic story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickers - My fingers are so sore from all the snapping I've been doing. I keep thinking someday that will work. And yes, kids pick the worst times to act up. Funny story, when my two dogs were alive, every time I would get on the phone, my little dog would start being mean to my big dog. It was like clockwork. Either he didn't want me on the phone, or he just knew he could get away with murder. Kids are exactly the same way. They know when parents are busy.

      Delete
  7. Antoinette reminds me of Danielle the way she just takes things in stride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - I thought she took it in stride, too. I was happy to see her address those girls with a little more hmmppfft without yelling or screaming, or the infamous, "GO TO YOUR ROOM". I think they got the message, though.

      Delete
  8. Sweet vignette! Let's hope the adults can get along better than the children when they all arrive. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Thanks! I think they all should have been sent to take a nap. I'm not expecting any adult drama, but it's Thanksgiving, so you never know. Not to mention it will the first time Freeman is joining the family.

      Delete
  9. very realistic- I sometimes feel like Antoinette when having the family over- a million things to do! Great dialogue and story- and I can hardly wait to see how you set the table with that wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - I know. You second guess decisions up until the moment the guests arrive. And sometimes even after they have gone.

      Delete
  10. This is so realistic its not even funny. This was me last week, all the way lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni - Don't feel bad. That was a lot of people last week. LOL!

      Delete
  11. OK,I'm going to say it! Zahara didn't look the least bit sorry. She looked like she would do it again! Sadly, this is the sister cycle that goes on until you are grown! In Hee Haw they call it Pickin' and Grinnin'! My little sister will still drink half my cup of beverage when I'm not looking. This is me give her a sideways look! "
    ^

    Is this a new diningroom. I didn't see this part of their house before. It looks good! More formal then the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - LOL about your sister. Siblings are funny. Never heard about Pickin' and Grinnin', but it surely applies here. Antoinette knew they were going to probably get into it again.

      This is a new dining room. We saw their formal dining room almost 2 yrs ago, but they have made some changes since then. My dolls love to redecorate.

      Delete
    2. Maybe if they went to a restaurant, Antoinette could relax and with time limit no one could cause any trouble. The only problem with that is that there aren't any goodie to take home!

      Delete
  12. Hello from Spain: I like the lounge chairs of Antonietta. The decor is awesome.El box both hands is very artistic and original. Nikaya is very cute. The fight between brothers is very real. I like very much this photo story… Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks for stopping by to witness the family holiday drama. Hopefully the kids will calm down before the guests arrive.

      Delete
  13. I understand Antoniette, I usually get so nervous when there are guests coming to dinner! Nothing seems to fit in the way I have in my mind. I hope the children (and the hub) behave and she can do all the work ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - I think she's a little more nervous because of Freeman. I hope it all comes together for her.

      Delete
  14. Lol The girls...I have definitely been there. I always enjoy seeing the Taylors. Looking forward to dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian - Those girls know that mom is too busy and they can probably get away with a little more than normal.

      Delete
  15. LOL "he bumped his head". The whimper was for his mom. LOL! Sounds like everyone is going to need a nap before dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - I take it you have gotten the "mom" whimper a few times. Those girls are pushing their luck.

      Delete
  16. Family drama! My sisters beated each other when they were younger but now they go along and are allied against me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - Oh no. Hopefully they are not too tough on you.

      Delete
  17. You delivered a slice of life. *applauds*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Roville - There is a kids manual out there and I think they have all read it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...