Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cornbread Dressing

Is your Thanksgiving menu all set?  Are you doing the traditional meal, or are you doing something different?  The families here in Morristown are getting all geared up for Thanksgiving.  Tony and Antoinette are expecting a house full of guests.  Even Freeman is expected to show up.  Antoinette, our caterer, got a request for ham and dressing.  You got to see the ham a few days ago.  Well she just finished the stuffing and will be delivering it to her customer just in time for Thanksgiving.  She is cutting it a little close.

The pan of cornbread stuffing on the right is for her customer.  The pan on the left was the start of another pan of stuffing.  She had only put in the cornbread at this point.  She still had to add the celery, onions, and spices.

Not sure what happened here.  Maybe she wanted to show all the little individual pieces of cornbread she meticulously cut.  She has since finished this pan of stuffing.  It will more than likely end up on her table for dinner.  Of course, she said she would be willing to sell if, if there was a request.  


20 comments:

  1. Vanessa, I'm hungry this morning and this really played mind games with me...I thought, my Vanessa is cooking dinner! It looks so real...now I have to go and cook...I'm really hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta - Gotcha! Sorry to do that to you so early in the morning. I hope you find something really good to cook. I had red beans and rice for breakfast. I made the beans yesterday and got up this morning at 5am and made the rice. I'm famous for eating dinner food at breakfast and vice versa. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. When I saw the picture I thought it was real stuffing! Antoniette is really perfectionist with her work. I haven't ever tried cornbread in my life, but I'm sure it tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - I'm looking forward to making real stuffing, too. Antoinette said thanks. Is cornbread available in your country? It's one of my favorites.

      Delete
  3. That looks amazing! And where do you get those small pans??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni - Thanks! Those small pans are from Rement.

      Delete
  4. That food looks real you are very good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - Thanks. If I wasn't spread so thin, I would have lots of food available. It's fun to make, albeit very time consuming.

      Delete
  5. Stuffing ... sigh. Looks sooo yummy.

    Bump, bump, bump. There goes another notch in my belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - But you didn't even eat any of it. I know how you feel though. I should fast until next week. More zumba, please.....

      Delete
  6. Hello from Spain: You make a very real replicas. I love the containers. I'm sure the corn bread is very rich. In my country this corn bread is sold in delicatessen stores. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. It seems like cornbread is not common in some of the other countries. It's pretty normal here in the states.

      Delete
  7. *nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it looks so real. You did a great job on both. You Thanksgiving spread is going to be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. I can't believe it's next week! I will be working my butt off on Antoinette's dinner and my own dinner. Hope I get everything done.

      Delete
  9. You're quite right, cornbread isn't very common in many countries, including Australia. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - You can learn so much through blogging. I've always taken cornbread for granted. I will probably savor it a little more this holiday.

      Delete
  10. I swear, I can *smell* that stuffing because it looks so real, and it smells delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Presto - Thanks! I hope my real stuffing turns out as well.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...