Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fashions From the Doll Show

If you read my previous post, you know that I bought about 150 pieces of doll clothing at the doll show.  Aye ya ya.  I decided to take pictures of as many pieces as possible.  I buy doll clothes, put them in bins and never use them because I don't remember what I have.  This way I will do a better job at keeping up with them.  Many in Morristown wanted to participate in the fashion show.  They were rummaging through the pile that I had already washed.  Clothes were flying everywhere.  There was only one rule.  Everything they were wearing had to come from the pile.  For the most part, everyone complied.

Here is Lauren and her husband, the newest PowerTeam member to Morristown.  Ain't he fine!  Lawd, lawd, lawd.   He didn't have any trouble finding new hands.  They are both sporting pieces from the pile.  Lauren's top is one piece.

Here is the whole family all sporting pieces from the pile.  Left to right - daugher Faith, Dad, Mom, daughter Racquel, and son JR.  Racquel is wearing the cutest top, but it is covered by her really nice jacket.  You can tell Faith is daddy's little girl.  JR (other new PowerTeam guy) isn't ecstatic about his outfit, but there weren't a lot of guy outfits in the pile to choose from.

When I was choosing pieces to buy, I was focused on getting some items for all the school aged kids.  These ladies are very happy with their school outfits.  The only thing that wasn't in the pile are the white tights worn by Little Jo.  Little Jo's outfit is one of my faves.  That top is really a Barbie top. I paired it with the cutest little pink skirt that was a perfect fit.  Nikaya's sailor dress is also a fave.  The tights she is wearing was also in the pile.  I ended up with two of the Winnie the Pooh shirts that Charlotte is wearing.  

The college girls wanted in on the action.  They had a hard time choosing because there were so many options for them. 

Kendra found a nice maternity nightgown and Adele picked out a light blue floral dress.  It's much prettier than it's showing in this photo.

Our new little Only Hearts boy has found his mother, Sandra.  Who is Antoinette's oldest sister and the owner of The Baby Boutique.  Sandra's son found a cool jacket with a zipper.  His pants are not from the pile.  Sandra picked out these two pieces.  She really should have put the belt through the loop.

Even the grandmas got some cool outfits.  There were a number of  handmade items in the pile. These were such a perfect fit, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't made specifically for them.  The floral pants suit also came with a matching head scarf. 

Danielle's mom loves this lounging dress.  Her friend grabbed this cape.  Reminds me of Little Red Riding Hood. 

Danielle's mom knows these pieces don't match, but I asked her to put them on just for the picture.

Lastly, there were 3 more pieces the grandmas will get to use.  A red dress, floral shorts, and the long skirt.  The bike was found at my local thrift store. I think it's the perfect grandma bicycle.

These guys are just showing a few other pieces.  The brown pants were not in the pile, but everything else was.

That concludes the show for today.  You have now seen 49 of the 150 pieces.  There will be one more fashion show.   We will not get to see all the pieces, but there are quite a few more that I'm anxious to take pictures of.




30 comments:

  1. Clothes, clothes, clothes! One of the best things about dolls, as they'll never complain about what you make them wear (at least most of the time)! Lauren and her husband look like an ultimate power couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - That is the nice thing. Not too much complaining. Sometimes I get a little rumble here and there.

      Delete
  2. Photographing clothes is a lot of work, but a brilliant way to quickly skim inventory when in need of a particular piece.

    Everyone looks very nice. I like the red dress that didn't make it on a model, and the patchwork dress is kinda cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roville - It takes forever to get those dolls dressed. They will more than likely keep those clothes on for their next camera appearance.

      Delete
  3. Nice showing of dolls AND outfits! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - The dolls had a great time trying on everything.

      Delete
  4. Hello from Spain: I love this show with new clothes. I love the red dress with wide wearing a girls. All clothing is wonderful and all your purchases are cheap. That's the best! We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - These pieces are going to come in handy. I just can't beat the price. Everyone was happy to see new clothes.

      Delete
  5. Great outfits Vanessa! I can't wait to see the next fashion show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - Thanks. I left another group of dolls picking out their outfits. They were all excited.

      Delete
  6. great clothes, I especially like first set, with lemon vest, and red dress of grandma. can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ups, I meant lime vest, not lemon.

      Delete
    2. jewel snake - Some of them are anxious to add accessories to make everything look even better. I told them that wasn't necessary for this photoshoot. We just needed to take inventory.

      Delete
  7. You scored a lot of great outfits. I love the outfits for the kids, I'm going to need lots of them myself! I can't want to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brini - I was really trying to get the kids some outfits so I wouldn't have to sew too much.

      Delete
  8. These are really nice separates. There's something for everyone.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - I even found some clothes for that big old Juwan.

      Delete
  9. Vanessa, you making me regret not going. I bought a few pieces from her at the last show. You bought some nice pieces. Looking forward to the next fashion show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - All of these fashions were from a lady from Pensacola Florida. I remember seeing her at a few other shows, but this was my first time buying from her.

      Delete
  10. Great fashion show - it's good your dolls were so excited. Can't wait to see who scores what for the next show. I hope there are no fights like at the sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - There were so many clothes to chose from the dolls had no need to fight. The next show has been shot and will be posted today.

      Delete
  11. Great fashion show. My favorite is the sailor dress. Congratulations on your big score at the doll show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Isn't that sailor dress adorable! It's one of my favorites too.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on your purchases, they are all great. My favourite are the granma's dresses, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Thanks. My grandmas are very happy. They had a really limited wardrobe. Now they have a few more options.

      Delete
  13. Dad is fine they didnt have him at my local Big lot but I did snag 3 others power team guys who's faces I realy liked. I am so glad Big lot brought the guys back. I am holding on to hope for some darker skinned fellows though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all the clothes are cute too Sorry I got stuck on the men must be that articulation lol

      Delete
    2. Mustiwait - Yes that articulation can be distracting. LOL! Glad you found some guys.

      Delete
  14. I love your gender reassignment Heart dolls. Whoever made them was genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pattidolls - Thanks. I made them, but I got the idea from a Flickr picture I saw over a year ago. I can't remember who it was. Would love to give them credit for inspiring me to convert some of my girls to guys.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...