Friday, November 23, 2012

Tony Gets Ready for Work


It's 6:30am and Antoinette is still sleeping.  After putting Zahara back to bed, Antoinette had a hard time falling back to sleep.  Finally around 5am, she drifted off.

"Mommy?  Get up, mommy."  (Kenaz)

"What? What?  Where did you come from?"  (mommy)

"Oh honey, that's my fault.  He was up, so I brought him in here."  (Tony) 

It's times like these Antoinette wishes there was a tv in her bedroom.  She would love at least one more hour of sleep.
"Honey, is Nikaya up?  If so, she can watch him until I get up."  (Antoinette to Tony) 

"Sorry.  The girls are still sleeping."  (Tony)

"So I guess it's just me and you, kid."  (Antoinette) 


"This watch has stopped again.  I guess I need a new battery."  (Tony)
"I'll put it on my list and pick one up this weekend."  (Antoinette)
"Thanks."  (Tony)

"Alright Kenaz, let's go get something warm to put on so we go downstairs." (Antoinette) 

In the meantime, Tony heads downstairs to fix his coffee and get the newspaper.




"Anything earth shattering in the paper, today?"  (Antoinette)

"No.  Same ol', same ol'." (Tony)

"Oh, you already fixed your coffee."  (Antoinette)
"Nothing to it with the automatic percolator."  (Tony)

"Hi Mom and Dad."  (Nikaya)
"Good morning."  (both parents)

"Is Zahara still sleeping?"  (Antoinette)
"Yep."  (Nikaya)
"Nikaya, the word is, yes" (Tony)

Antoinette proceeds to make herself a cup of coffee.

"Nikaya, can you run upstairs and get my shoes, please?"  (Tony)

"Where are they?"  (Nikaya)
"Right by the dresser."  (Tony)
"Okay."  (Nikaya)

Nikaya returns with the shoes.


"Here you go, Daddy."  (Nikaya)
"Thank you."  (Tony)

 "So are you guys getting off early today?"  (Antoinette)
"Not to my knowledge."  (Tony)

"Come on, Kenaz.  Let's go watch tv."  (Nikaya)

"Leave him in his seat."  (Antoinette)

"But he wants to go watch tv with me."  (Nikaya)

"And I want him in his seat.  I'm going to fix him breakfast in a minute."  (Antoinette)
Nikaya acquiesces.  Tony then says his goodbyes to the kids and Antoinette walks him to the door.

"Have a great day.  I'll be here slaving in the kitchen all day, and trying to keep three kids entertained.."  (Antoinette)

A nice goodbye kiss and Antoinette sends Tony on his way.

"Bye, Daddy!" 

26 comments:

  1. I am seriously in love with their entire house.
    Poor Antoinette not getting enough sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - Antoinette is a little used to not getting enough sleep. She's glad you like their homey abode.

      Delete
  2. aww, poor Antoinette! She deserves vacations from the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jewel snake - We will have to give her some time off after Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  3. Nice to see a bustling family in the 'morn. Is it just me, or does Tony seem a bit starchy? Maybe it's just he's not a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - LOL! I'm not sure what a bit starchy is. I don't think he really wanted to go to work today.

      Delete
  4. Poor sleep-deprived Antoinette.

    I am glad Tony was condiderate enough to allow the automatic coffee maker to make more than his one cup.

    Is it me, or does Nikaya have a little junk in her trunk? Maybe it's the way her PJ bottom fits.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - I'm glad Tony didn't wait for Antoinette to make the coffee. Nikaya is wearing some new Bratz pjs and there isn't a real drawstring to tighten them up.

      Delete
  5. Love this family. Hopefully Antoinette will be able to get some rest once Tony gets home. It might be a stretch though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian - Antoinette can forget about sleep until the day after Thanksgiving. She's in charge of feeding her extended family. She will be quite busy preparing the dinner and cleaning the house.

      Delete
  6. Wow what a busy morning you portrayed in the story,enjoyed every bit of it,I think I am getting addicted to this house and the people staying inside it especially the kids!! :D

    Great pics and writing as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam - Thanks! Thanksgiving dinner should be fun and interesting. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

      Delete
  7. I love their home. Your scenes are phenomenal! You include every little detail there is. My favorite shot was Nikaya taking Kenaz out of the chair...so cute.

    P.S. I was thinking the same thing Debbie was thinking about the junk in Nikaya's trunk. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks! Nikaya must have been doing some squats when I wasn't looking.

      Delete
  8. There's a sweet normalcy here, but I agree with Verona, Tony is a little on the starchy side. He's very matter of fact. Must just be his personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Tony does have a matter of fact personality. He's a good guy though.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely morning! It describes so well the normal start of a day of a family that it made me think of my childhood, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - I'm so happy I could help you reminisce a little. You're welcome!

      Delete
  10. Love the 1:6 scale Washington Post! Makes me homesick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Tony said you can read his Washington Post paper anytime.

      Delete
  11. Hello from Spain: I have the same night suit Nikaya is wearing. I love the photo of the newspaper at the door. Antoinette has to go on vacation ... I love your room ... We remain in contact blog blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Yes, I love the LIV nightgown. It's so realistic. Antoinette can't afford to take a vacation. She has too much to do. She is like most moms. She just goes with the flow and does whatever she needs to do for the family.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...