Sunday, November 4, 2012

Time for Groceries (Photostory)

Sylvia, Nikki, and Adele were all headed to Jordan's to shop for groceries.  Let's see if they made it.

"I haven't seen much of you on campus, lately."  (Valerie)

"I've been very busy.  I have 12 credits this semester, this job, and a boyfriend.  I don't know if I'm coming or going sometimes."  (Brandy)

"What a minute, Jessica.  I want to put Sophia in the cart.   Darn, I forgot to bring the seat cover inside."  (Sylvia)

"You want me to go get it, mommy?"  (Jessica)
"No. We will do without it today.  I don't want you out there by yourself."  (Sylvia)

"The watermelon looks good, today."  (Nikki)

"So do you want fish or chicken for dinner?" (Autumn)
"Hmmm.  I haven't had fried fish in a while."  (Juwan)
"I didn't say anything about frying it."  (Autumn)

"Okay, here we go."  (Sylvia)

Valerie has left and Brandy is staring at the little girl who is playing with the items on the shelf.

Juanita has quietly slipped away from her parents.

"Now what kind of cereal did that child say she wanted?"  (Debbie)

****CRASH****

"Uh, oh."  (Juanita)
We all knew this was coming.

"Juanita, what are you doing?"  (Autumn)
"Nothing.  I was just looking at it."  (Juanita)
"Pick it up and make your way back over here.  (Juwan)

"Mom, can we get something else?"  (Jessica)

"Why?  I thought Oreos were your favorite."  (Sylvia)
"I still like them, but I was hoping we could get some potato chips, instead."  (Jessica)
"Since you were so good at the doctor's today, we will get some potato chips, too."  (Sylvia)

"Did you find everything you needed?  (Autumn)
"Yes.  Just needed a few things for the kids."  (Debbie)


"Peanut butter and marshmallow creme.  That is one of my favorites."  (Brandy)

"My son would live off of peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwiches, if I let him."  (Debbie)

"Jessica, stop being nosy, and go pick out your cereal."  (Sylvia)

Juwan and Autumn have surveyed the seafood counter and picked out the fish they want.  Unfortunately, there isn't a clerk to help them.  They wait until they can get the cashier's attention.

"Will that be all today?"  (Brandy)
"That's it."  (Debbie)

Brandy notices the couple staring at her.
"I will be with you in a moment."  (Brandy)

"Thank you for shopping at Jordan's.  Please come again."  (Brandy)

Debbie leaves with her items and Brandy turns her attention back to the couple.

"Is there someone who can help us over here?"  (Autumn)

"Let me call the person who's working that station.  One minute, please."  (Brandy)

"Mommy, there's that lady from the wedding."  (Jessica)

"You are right, Jessica.  That's Adele."  (Sylvia)
Sylvia doesn't want to yell down the aisle, so she decides to wait until Adele gets a little closer before she speaks.

Adele just arrived with a tired Sydney in tow.  

 We will continue this story tomorrow.

34 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy! Poor Autumn and Juwan, they seemed to be getting a tad bit stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - That store is always busy! Why there is only one person working on the floor is beyond me. Hope the other guy hurries back.

      Delete
  2. That store is jumping Juwan looks good. And poor Juanita I'm sure she was just looking. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - Don't tell me you fell for the 'just looking' line. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Very nice little store. I will send my butler there for Chips Ahoy next time I am in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duke of Swann - LOL! We will have your Chips Ahoy waiting for your butler's arrival.

      Delete
  4. Good to see Juwan. Is he a recent acquisition or has he just been liberated from your basement? I have Sean Kemp but didn't buy any of the other guys when they were available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Juwan was just received in the mail. I found him for $6.00 (last one). I had my eye on a couple of them, but wasn't sure how big they were or if they were articulated. They aren't really articulated. I know bball players are usually much bigger than their women, but I wish these dolls were just a tad smaller. I would get more if that were the case. Originally thought he and Naisha would be good together. But he has a big head and looked better with the bigger headed Artsy doll. Now I have to make the poor guy some clothes. There is no way he's fitting into any of the clothes I have on hand. Naisha must be sneaking around with someone else. She's definitely up to something.

      Delete
    2. Have you thought about doing an acetone head shrinking? Are all of the SLU guys heads about the same as Juwan? I planned on getting some but wasn't too sure.

      Delete
    3. Valsays - I actually like that the basketball players have larger heads. In real life the basketball players are so much larger than regular people, so it just seems to fit to me.

      Delete
  5. Love that picture of Juanita, I used to do things like that when I was a little girl... (I didn't touch it, I swear!!!!). I'm very fond of peanut butter, but I hadn't heard about mashmallow creme. I bet I would also love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - I don't remember what I was like as a kid, but I heard that enough with 5 stepkids. Along with the standard, "stop touching me". Marshmallow creme is the gooiest stuff you would ever want to taste. It is a major sugar rush. Add peanut butter for the perfect combination.

      Delete
  6. "So do you want fish or chicken for dinner?" (Autumn)
    "Hmmm. I haven't had fried fish in a while." (Juwan)
    "I didn't say anything about frying it." (Autumn)

    hahahaha! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roville - Sounds like you may have had similar conversations.

      Delete
  7. Hello from Spain: I love your store. It's a grocery store with many. I love the shopping cart with the baby inside. When I was a kid I was like Juanita ... Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - There are many little Juanita's out there, 'just looking'.

      Delete
  8. Juwan and Autumn for funny. That is exactly what my husband would have said or either, "It doesn't matter." But he would assume the fish would be fried.

    So which basketball player is he? He looks familiar but that's all I've got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Sometimes the 'it doesn't matter' is worse. They usually have something in mind and expect you to know what it is.

      That is Juwan Howard. They did a really good job on his figure. You can see him here. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/howarju01.html

      Delete
    2. Oh okay, they did do a good job. I didn't recognize his name but his face I did.

      Yes and "it doesn't matter" drives a sista nuts. You better not counteroffer my suggestion after saying "it doesn't matter" either. ;-)

      Delete
    3. Kenya - Preach, sista, preach!

      Delete
  9. Adele is always super stylish!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - Adele does have a great fashion sense. She tries to live up to that Fashion Royalty name.

      Delete
  10. My mum had the best solution to the "I was just looking" problem. She would push the trolley around and tell us what to get off the shelves. We felt like we were really important doing 'big people' stuff and we never wandered off or got bored. It's good to see the grocery store so busy but you're right, looks like they need more staff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - That is a good solution. Didn't look like they were buying too many groceries. Their cart was empty. Hope Jordan doesn't pop in. She will not be happy with what's going on with the staff.

      Delete
  11. What a bustling busy store! One of my brother in laws refuses to eat fish if it isn't fried. If you offer him grilled he gets offended.

    I never denied knocking stuff over as a kid, but I would never admit to it either, lol.

    My Mom: OMG, did you do that?!
    Me: *shiftless stare*
    My Mom: Pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Your brother-in-law in funny! It's hard to believe you were such a mischievous little girl. You seem like such a nice person now. LOL.

      Delete
  12. Love it all! Everything has a real feel about it! Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chynadoll - Thanks for stopping by Jordan's grocery!

      Delete
  13. Love the store! Valerie is one of my favorite dolls. I knew that Juanita was going to do something. Lol! She is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. I have so many dolls, it's hard to give them all the time I would like. It was nice to see Valerie again. We haven't seen her since the salon.

      Delete
  14. The store is so cute. I love how Brandy is the cashier! LOL! Did you make the store goods or did you buy them?

    Also, I noticed something a little strange in the picture of Autumn (the Artsy doll) and her husband. In the picture where Juwan and Autumn are yelling at the child, Autumn's mouth is closed. But in the other pictures she has a smile. LMAO! How did that happen? Do you have two different Artsy's? OR did you do that with photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenyadoll - Thanks! I made some of the vegetables and most of the watermelon. All of the goods on the shelves were bought. I made the shrimp and the fish on the top center shelf in the seafood counter. You can't see that here, but I got a good picture of it in the photostory right after this one.

      I did change Artsy's expression using software. It's not Photoshop, but a different Windows digital imaging program.

      Delete
  15. I like Juwan! He is Grant Green Camille's brother in Johnston. I was lucky enough to have so really nice items (that I was planning on selling) for him to wear when I got him. I love your market too! It is good place to set a story. You use it well. I have a new of those pieces that I always tell myself that I am going to paint. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - I remember seeing your Grant and thinking where did she find that tall drink of water? I'm happy I was able to find him and he's happy to be in Morristown. Hey, you told me not to paint my grocery store. I may still paint one day, too.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...