Wednesday, February 9, 2011

CAUTION: DO NOT WET YOUR #17 DENIM BASIC HEAD

This morning as I was attempting a body swap on my AA male Denim Basic #17, his hair partially washed away when I put hot water on his neck.  It is definitely not supposed to do that.  I have other flocked hair dolls, and their hair has never washed away.  I did contact Mattel and they are sending me a voucher.  I imagine all of these dolls have the same problem, or it could just be a bad batch.  I will attempt to fix his hair before I buy another one.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this happened to you. Great thinking to contact Mattel. Thanks for the heads up (no pun intended).

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for letting us know. I have him too and would rather not have to deal with it. :-) I've been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Thank you for the heads up. Well, if the voucher gets you a new #17 and you get to keep the old one, here's a flickr photo I saw where maybe you can make it work in your favor. Bald and on a HOMME body, he looks a lot like Boris Kodjoe:


    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27123600@N03/5384222927/in/set-72157625700895506/
    AND
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27123600@N03/5336464813/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Tracy Thanks! He's cute as a baldy. I like the one she did with the facial hair too. I don't think I am going to use my voucher to get #17 again. He is hard to find. I will use it for another one. If by chance I run into another #17 in the future, I will definitely consider making one bald.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...