Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day Before Christmas (Photostory)

It's the day before Christmas.  Danielle's mom, Roberta, came in town for Christmas.  She's babysitting the boys while Rod and Danielle finish the Christmas shopping.  Her local friend, Ethyl, is there having a sandwich and tea.

Roberta is starting Christmas dinner.  She has served her friend a ham sandwich and fixed the boys grilled cheese sandwiches.

"So are you staying through the New Year?"  (Ethyl)

"Yes.  I'm scheduled to leave on the 3rd."  (Roberta)

"Granny, can you put my sandwich in my lunchbox?"  (Julian)

"Sweetie, I can't do it right now.  I'm working with raw turkey."  (Roberta)

Meanwhile, Rod and Danielle have returned from shopping.

"I can't wait to get off my feet.  Thanks for being such a trooper with the shopping."  (Danielle)
"Next year, I really don't want to be shopping on Christmas Eve.  Those people are crazy."  (Rod)

"Hellooo."  (Danielle)

"Hi guys.  How was the shopping?"  (Roberta)

"Hi Mommy and Daddy."  (Julian)

"Shopping was brutal."  (Rod)
"Oh honey, you are exaggerating.  Mom, what are you doing?  I told you I would take care of that turkey when I returned."  (Danielle)
"Well, I wasn't doing anything, so I decided to try to tackle it."  (Roberta)

"Did you buy me something?"  (Julian)

"No, these are gifts for all our friends.  Christmas is a time of giving."  (Danielle)

"Honey, would you mind taking these upstairs?"  (Danielle)

"Where do you want me to put them?"  (Rod)
"Just sit them in the closet.  I will be up in a minute to put everything away."  (Danielle)

"Thanks.  Do you want me to fix you something else to eat?"  (Danielle)
"Not right now.  I'm still full from the sub we had earlier."  (Rod)

As Rod turns to go upstairs, Julian makes an announcement.

"Daddy, I'm going to go with you and help."  (Julian)

"I think you should stay here with me.  I haven't seen you all day, and I need to hear how your day went."  (Danielle)
"Okay."   (Julian sounding disappointed)

"How are you doing Ms. Ethyl?"  (Danielle)
"As well as can be expected for someone my age."  (Ethyl)

"Mommy?"  (Jacob)
"Hello Jacob.  Mommy's not ignoring you.  Let me take my jacket off."  (Danielle)
Danielle grabs Jacob out his seat and takes a seat herself.

"It feels so good just to sit down.  Between the crazy people at the mall and the crazy drivers, I'm exhausted."  (Danielle)

"I knew you would be tired.  That's why I wanted to get the turkey cleaned and in the oven."  (Robera)
"And I appreciate you wanting to help, but handling a bird that size is not good for your arthritis."  (Danielle)

"Julian, what are you doing?  And why are you carrying that lunchbox around?"  (Danielle)

"Can you give me a ride like you used to do?"  (Julian)
"You are way too big for that now.  Come take a seat and eat this sandwich granny made for you.  Don't forget Santa Claus is coming tonight, so you still need to be on your best behavior."  (Danielle)

Thanks to Heather of The Traveling Twig for her Friday Favorite posts.  That's where I became aware of Blinky's Boutique on Etsy.  That's where I got a great deal on most of the shopping bags seen in this post.  The bags came with great gifts and some treats to eat.  Maybe we will get to see a few of the gifts soon.

21 comments:

  1. I love Ethyl! She looks like she is such a sweet lady!

    This is so cute. I saw the baby boy on his daddy's leg and it brings back memories. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - Thanks. Glad I could recreate some memories for you.

      Delete
  2. omg too CUTEEEE!! make me wish i was still little

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julian makes me giggle everytime! Its great to see the family in the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. william - Danielle may have to slip something in Julian's drink to help him go to sleep tonight. He seems a little more wired than usual.

      Delete
  4. So nice to see my favorite couple. I did not know that Julian was now calling Rod, Daddy. Did I miss an episode or they are just a fluid family and he started calling him that with no muss and no fuss? I'm guessing he hasn't called Rod that in front of Melanie because I dang sure want to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muff - Julian has been calling Rod, Dad for a while now. No it hasn't happened in front of Melanie. In one of my favorite shows, Are We There Yet?, the two stepkids call Terry Crews, dad, even though their real dad is still in their lives, so that helped me make the decision for Julian and Jacob to refer to Rod as dad. Would you believe that my 31 yr old step daughter just started calling me mom, about a month ago. Before that, I was Vanessa for the past 17 yrs. Very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sets and story. I wonder what's in those bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julian is wearing me out with his energy. Especially, after an exhausting Christmas Eve shopping trip. lol Can't wait to see the presents. Aww..that's so nice your step daughter is finally comfortable with calling you mom. Milestone moment...embrace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Spain: Roberta and Ethyl is really the mother of barbie. I envy you! you have two mothers ... in my country is very difficult to find her for sale. I really like the bags with holiday shopping. The entrance door is fabulous. Children are very real ... Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. I have the Caucasian grandpa, but not the African American one. It's hard to find the grandparents for good prices for us, too.

      Delete
  9. Sonya - I didn't say you guys were going to see the presents. Christmas is over. lol. I'm probably going to do one more 'before Christmas' story with them. I think my stepdaughter has started calling me that because her 14 yr daughter calls me grandma with such passion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how Ethyl and Roberta are dressed like people and not like "old people." And it's always fun to see the Taylor family together. Julian and Jacob are so cute. Love the holiday-decorated door and the conversation between Rod and Danielle about the crazy Christmas Eve shoppers. Good time had here ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Ethyl and Roberta don't know the meaning of the word old. I just bought Roberta the Mixis jean outfit with pedal pushers. She's excited to wear it. I hope it fits.

      Delete
  11. A nice photostory. I love two grandmas and the kitchen, it´s wonderful. I agree with Rod, shopping can be exhausted!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julian is always a sweetie pie! Poor guys going shopping on Christmas Eve, that's terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone looks like they are about to have a great time! I think the older ladies do need to get a new attitude about their age! They should still be living their lives like it is golden!

    ReplyDelete
  14. when is rod and daniele going to have a baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nuria - Maybe soon. I'm thinking about doing a story on it soon.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...