Friday, December 6, 2013

Danielle Stops By (Photostory)



Antoinette is tending her garden with a little help from Zahara.  
"Zahara you are putting all the water in one spot."  (Antoinette)

"I know, but it's not growing yet."  (Zahara)
Antoinette starts laughing.
"It's not going to magically appear today.  It's going to take a little time before we see the sprouts."  (Antoinette)

Nikaya is taking a break from riding her bike.  Now she is entertaining Kenaz. 

"Hellooo."  (Danielle)

"Hey neighbor.  Are you coming to help?"  (Antoinette)
"I'm not sure you want my help.  I'm not much of a gardener.  (Danielle)
"Well come keep me company.  I need a break, anyway."  (Antoinette)

Ciana and Joseph have spotted the pink car.


"Alright.  You've talked me into it."  (Danielle)
"Come on, Joseph.  Hurry."  (Ciana)

Danielle and the kids enter through the gate.

"Oooh, there's Kenaz."  (Ciana)

"Cute gardening outfit.  I really don't want you to stop on my account."  (Danielle)
"Trust me it's not a problem.  I was getting ready to take a break, anyway.  Would you care for some lemonade?"  (Antoinette)
"Sure."  (Danielle)

Antoinette returns from the kitchen with a couple of lemonades.
"So where's Julian?  Did you and Leslie swap kids today?"  (Antoinette)
"No.  He went to do 'man' stuff with his dad, and Ciana and Jacob are having a play date."  (Danielle)
"How cute."  (Antoinette)

Ciana and Jacob don't waste any time getting to the pink car.  

"So what's going on?  How was your Thanksgiving. I feel like it's been forever since we talked."
"Thanksgiving was decent.  How's your family doing?" (Danielle)
"Everyone is doing well.  I have to admit, it was nice letting other members of the family host Thanksgiving this year.  I brought a couple of pies and called it a day.  My sister handled everything else."  (Antoinette)

"That sounds like heaven.  We had a little drama with your sister-in-law.  She couldn't decide if she wanted Nicole to spend Thanksgiving with her or with us."  (Danielle)
"That's typical of Melanie.  She was always a little wishy washy around the holidays.  It always seemed like she had back-up plans."  (Antoinette)

Just then, Nikaya decides to join her mom and Danielle on the bench.

"And what can I do for you?"  (Antoinette)
"Nothing.  I just wanted to sit with you and Ms. Danielle."  (Nikaya)

"Well we are having an adult conversation."  (Antoinette)
"Does that mean I have to leave?"  (Nikaya)
"Yes."  (Antoinette)

"Can I have some of your lemonade before I leave?"  (Nikaya)
"There are juice boxes on the counter.  Go get them and give one to each of the kids."  (Antoinette)
"Ooh, okay."  (Nikaya)

Nikaya heads inside to grab the juice boxes.

Even though Zahara is fully engaged with Ciana, she takes note of Nikaya.

"Where you going, Kaya?"  (Zahara)
"Don't worry about it."  (Nikaya)
"Mommy!" (Zahara)

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that."  (Antoinette)
Danielle starts laughing.
"So what are you guys doing for Christmas?"  (Danielle)
"We will be right here.  I don't like traveling during the Christmas holiday."  (Antoinette)
"I was thinking about throwing a party.  Either for Christmas or New Year's.  I haven't decided yet."  (Danielle)
"Well you better decide soon.  Christmas is just around the corner."  (Antoinette)

Danielle and Antoinette continue chatting while the kids continue to play.  Nikaya returns with the juice boxes.  Of course she pretends like she doesn't have one for Zahara, and a mini war breaks out.  That's enough for Antoinette to send them both inside to their room.  Danielle leaves shortly thereafter, and Antoinette decides she has had enough gardening for the day.  She heads off to take a nice bubble bath.


31 comments:

  1. Her garden looks great. There is nothing like having company stop by in the middle of your gardening...makes you lazy every time!! LOL! Great Story...

    Loretta XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta - Thanks. She's hoping her garden will produce some great fruits and veggies this year.

      Delete
  2. This garden is really well made! What is planned to be planted here, flowers or vegetables?


    "Nikaya returns with the juice boxes. Of course she pretends like she doesn't have one for Zahara, and a mini war breaks out." - haha, kids will be kids!

    excuse me my lame comment, my headache didn't let me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jewel snake - Thanks! She's planning a vegetable and herb garden. As a chef, she wants to use the freshest ingredients possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Ciana and Joseph have spotted the pink car." love the photo of those two peering through the fence slats to ogle the pink car.

    Always a treat to stop by Morristown and see what the folks are doing. Danielle having a party? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - And we always enjoy when you stop by to pay Morristown a visit. There are lots of pretty party dresses here, so someone needs to throw a party!

      Delete
  5. A beautiful day in the garden!

    Kids sure do like to pick on each other, especially siblings, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Speaking of siblings picking on each other.....wait until you see the puppy video I did. I'm naming it the WWP. for World Wrestling Puppies. They are hilarious.

      Delete
  6. I see they are having great weather in Morristown. I wouldnt mind sitting on that bench with them and sipping something cool.
    Scene and dialogue very true to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - Speaking of great weather, we were at 69 deg here in Atlanta yesterday. It was perfect weather.

      Delete
  7. It's nice to come here and see green grass and flowers blooming. Everything is covered in snow in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyable story.

    I wonder what will Danielle do on her Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jassica joe - Thanks. I wonder what she will do on her Christmas, too.

      Delete
  9. Roxanne - Where do you live? If I ever knew, I forgot. Living here in Atlanta, it's easy to forget that there are parts of the world that have snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Tulsa, OK and everything is currently under a blanket of snow. I can appreciate the beauty of it right now since I'm home and I don't have to get out in it. I didn't think it was beautiful at all as I was trying to make my way home from work on Thursday night.

      Once when I was visiting Atlanta years ago, it snowed and I thought that they would shut down the city over those flurries. It was barely even sticking to the ground and people were in a panic. I found it amusing, but then again I know that when we have visitors here from states that get a lot more snow, they are amused by our panic as well.

      Delete
  10. I love that wonderful little garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puck - Thanks. All of Antoinette's friends are hoping to enjoy the fruits of her labor by getting fresh veggies throughout the year.

      Delete
  11. Hello from Spain: I love this garden. It seems real. Swing is fabulous. I really like the grass. The white garden gate is fabulous. Where did you get it?? That house with the red door is my favorite. Nice pictures of children playing in the garden. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vanessa! That garden more beautiful! I love how you've done everything. This rocker is cute. and children playing. I really enjoy your blog. one besi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. karmen - Thanks! It was such a beautiful day in Morristown, being in the garden seemed like a great way to spend the day.

      Delete
  13. Marta - Thanks! The white garden gate was found at the thrift store. I had to do a couple alterations to it to make it tall enough for Barbie and to get there to be a gate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que bonita historia son unas niñas preciosassss, besosss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carmen - Gracias. Antonieta estaba feliz de tener la compañía.

      Delete
  15. Hola, que gran trabajo haces con cada diorama, no lograría algo así, felicidades, eres muy creativa y dedicada, es un gran jardín.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lindaivette - Gracias. No he sido capaz de hacerlo tan a menudo como antes, pero esto puede cambiar en el futuro cercano.

      Delete
  16. Morristown is so bright & sunny! I can hardly wait to see what the garden produces. I'm with Danielle...not much of a gardener, but I love to eat the rewards. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morristown - I guess I better get to making some fresh fruits and veggies. I would love to be a gardener, but I don't have the patience.

      Delete
  17. I love this garden and this house, I love your diorams in general!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana - Thanks! We are expecting great things from this garden. Maybe Antoinette will have enough fruits and veggies to sell to the local grocery store. OR, she will be able to sell some at the local farmers market.

      Delete
  18. Love this garden dio, it looks so real and fool of life! You always gets the right pose so the dolls seem to have been photographed in the middle of the action. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Thanks! I've always wanted to animate my dolls, but I just haven't had the time to make that happen. So I do what I can to give them more life.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...