Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Jackpot at Hobby Lobby

Today was a twilight zone type day.  I went to the Walmart to pick up four items.  I walked out with four items.  I was so good, I didn't even go near the toy department.  When I got home, I realized I needed a certain color clay to complete a customer's Etsy order.  I hopped on-line to see who had clay on sale.  I started with Hobby Lobby and they had it for 30% off.  Great.  I hopped in the car and went to the Hobby Lobby, which was right next door to the Walmart I had just left.  I only planned on buying the clay I needed, but they had 50% off Christmas stuff, and I felt compelled to take a look.  I found a couple of ornaments (we'll talk about those later) and a few other things to use in my doll dios.  As I was getting ready to leave, I ran across the cutest mini garden items in the Spring shop.  Oh my!  There were so many cute items.  I wanted to buy them all.  There were a lot of items that could be used for miniatures, and some that could be used for 1/6 scale.  The prices were really good.  Most prices ranged from $2.99 - $9.99.  Normally, I don't buy anything from Hobby Lobby unless it's on sale, but I didn't want to risk this stuff not being there later.  Let's take a look.

This is my stash.  Cute, cute, cute.  Just so you know, the Spring shop is usually near the front of the store.  You would think this stuff would be in the miniature section of the store.  It is not!  At my store, they were on two endcaps near the Christmas section.

This cute little birdcage will make a great dio accessory.  It was $4.99.

Mrs. Langford will love these in her kitchen.  These were either $3.99 or $4.99.

These are little bunnies either for the pet store or the yard. $3.99.

These are inspirational garden rocks.  $4.99. 

This metal watering can was $2.99.

This cute little bird house was $4.99

Isn't this urn nice?  It was only $3.99. 

This water fountain is probably more suitable for 1:12 scale, but I'm going to make it work for 1:6 scale.  Maybe sit it on a table in a hotel lobby.  It was $3.99 or $4.99

Eeeek!  When I saw this I got all giddy.  Unfortunately, it was $9.99.  I wasn't going to pay that for it, but I had left my 40% off coupon at home.  I wasn't expecting to need it.  So I got back in my car, after paying for the other items, drove home, printed off the coupon, switched dogs (from Buttercup to Bruce) got back in the car and headed back to the store.  So this ended up costing $5.99.  They had a set in all green, too.

This will be the kids table in the garden.  They can have their lunch or do activities here.

Here are the ornaments I got the first time I went to the store.  Aren't they adorable?  They were 50% off, so I paid $1.99 each.  As I was taking the picture, I noticed they were different.  Darn!  I really like the one on the left because it has the little crystal candles.  They still had a few more at the store, but surely I couldn't go back for a third time in less than an hour.  What would the people think? At $2, I can't believe I didn't get more than two anyway.  I think I was trying to be good.  Well, we all know what happened next.  I grabbed my purse, switched dogs again (from Bruce to Buttercup) and headed back to Hobby Lobby.  I found three more just like the one on the left.  Of course I found a couple more goodies.  It was truly a twilight zone feeling going up and down the same street three times in less than an hour.  But I'm a happy camper.  


29 comments:

  1. I like them all but I like the cage, watering can, urn and the table & stools the best. They were all great finds. I wish there was a hobby lobby near me. Those type of things aren't available on line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - What no Hobby Lobby near you? Maybe it's a blessing. You would probably spend a lot of money there.

      Delete
  2. I love going to Hobby Lobby myself. Too bad the closest one to me is in Buford! LOL Congrats on some great finds - even if you did have to make three trips to get them all. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read this, I laughed out loud! I did then same things last Friday at Michaels! Although, I was feeding my other addiction....Xmas decorations which were 70% off. I was in a decorating frenzy...3 trips to michaels, 1 to Burlingtons, 1 to kmart! I did get a couple of things for 1/6 scale used too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. veda - I'm sure after all that, your decorations are fabulous. lol. Wow, 70% off! I don't blame you.

      Delete
  4. I might go back to Hobby Lobby to check them out. I got upset with them because they refuse to stock African-American 1:12 dolls even after a couple of calls to the corporate office. The local store manager had a terrible attitude when I asked him about it. Told me to get it someplace else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - Wow, that is deep. Is that the only Hobby Lobby near you? I would be reluctant to shop there if there was another one I could go to. You would love some of the other things they have that is more suitable to 1:12 scale. They had a really cute wrought iron gate. I may go back and get it with another 40% off coupon.

      Delete
  5. Hi Vanessa! Congratulations on your purchases! I liked everything. I declare fans of Walmart, has beautiful bullrings doll .... Enjoy it all. a kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. karmen - Thanks! It's almost like winning a big prize, except I had to pay for it. Kisses.

      Delete
  6. Cindi - Thanks. Luckily my Hobby Lobby is less than 3 miles from my house. I still felt a little crazy going back so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, sounds like you had a fantastic shopping trip! That's how you do it, get what you want because they will be gone soon and you'd kick yourself for not getting them. So funny, but well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve - Thanks. Yes, I've learned he hard way that if it's something you really want, it's best not to wait.

      Delete
  8. Hello from Spain: great finds. I really like the watering can and the table and stools like mushrooms. In my city store these items are not for sale. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola, que grandiosas compras, la mesita de hongos es muy linda y tu fuente me gusto mucho, hasta pronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lindaivette - Thanks. That mushroom table was determined to come home with me.

      Delete
  10. Adorable! The mushroom table set for the little dollies are so cute! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - Sorry for the late response. The best place to see the dolls currently for sale, is to click on the link on the Dolls for Sale page. That will take you to the dollpages site. If you are looking for something in particular that isn't listed, just ask me. You never know. I have a lot more dolls that I need to list.

      Delete
  11. BTW, Vanessa

    Are you still selling the dolls that you have posted in "Dolls For Sale" from this blog or is there a separate website (like Ebay) where you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL sounds like you AND the dogs had fun. And got neat stuff, too. Congrats on your find. Thanks for sharing - almost as good as having gone there and back and there again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - I know the dogs were wondering what was going on. The dog nearest to the door when I left, was the one who got to go.

      Delete
  13. Your findings are super cute! Can't wait to see them used in your dioramas :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are going to have the best garden ever, but I don't know how Mrs. Langford is going to feel if you set those bunnies loose in her garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Just to clarify, Antoinette Taylor is the one with the garden. I think you are right about the bunnies. I totally forgot that they will probably eat the crop. Hmmm. Maybe they belong in a cage, in a classroom. lol.

      Delete
  15. Marta - What kind of craft stores do you guys have in Spain? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. jewel snake - Thanks. I am moving the garden soon, but after that I will be showing some of the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, these items are fantastic, I´m really surprised with them!! I was looking at some like these in a chinese store, probably I´ll buy them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana - Aren't they great? It was perfect timing, too, since I had just started working with the garden.

      Delete
  18. your adventures are too funny!! aren't we collectors a funny bunch?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixxa - I'm just glad no one sees me going through my antics when they are happening. I made sure to go to a different cashier when I went back on one of the trips.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...