Saturday, December 21, 2013

Off to School (Photostory)

It's the morning after Angelica finished her paper.  She only has two classes today and the first one doesn't start until 10am.  
"Are you ever going to sleep in your crib the whole night?  Don't get me wrong, I love seeing your beautiful face in the morning, but my bed is only big enough for me."  (Angelica)

**Knock Knock**

"Come in."  (Angelica)

"Good morning.  I just wanted to make sure you were awake before I left for work.  Are you all set for today?"  (Lauren)

"Yes.  I don't have class until 10, so I'm going to drop her off at daycare as soon as we get dressed.  Today is my light day, so I'll be able to pick her up from daycare."  (Angelica)
"Okay.  Well, I left you and the baby some breakfast."  (Lauren)
"Thanks, auntie.  You didn't have to do that."  (Angelica)
"It's no big deal.  I cooked breakfast for the whole family this morning.  Well I'm off to work.  Have a great day.  Bye Nina. " (Lauren)

After Lauren leaves, Angelica drags herself out the bed.  It's time for a quick shower.

"Okay munchkin, I need you to hang out in your crib while I shower.  I'll give you Mr. Doggy to keep you company."  (Angelica)


Nina lays her head on Mr. Doggy.

Angelica showers and gets dressed.  She grabs Nina and heads downstairs for a little breakfast.  Afterwards, she gets Nina dressed.

Angelica packs her computer in her bag.  She finished typing her paper, but she has to print it out at the school library. 

Poor Nina seems to still be a little tired.

"Okay sleepyhead.  It's time to go."  (Lauren)


"Mommy just has to grab her shoes and we are on our way."  (Lauren)

Looks like daycare is already bustling.  

27 comments:

  1. Man, that daycare looks crowded! I could hear the sounds of children shouting and plastic toys clamoring against each other. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - That daycare is crowded! There is another room to the daycare. It's for the infants. She really could use some more space, but that's all I have to give her right now.

      Delete
  2. I love this story it is so realistic ,i could almost hear everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sarah key - Thanks. I'm not sure which Barbie Angelica is. I bought her used at a local doll show. That crib is from a Mattel playset. I think it was white before I painted it black. I don't have one for sale, but you can probably find a used on on ebay.

      Delete
  3. Lauren and Nina look sooooo cute in the bed together! How sweet of her aunt to allow her and a toddler to stay at their home. Some people write you off for having a child young and out of wedlock. Glad Angelica wants her to accomplish her goals enabling her to make a good life for herself and cute lil Nina. How did Lauren's parents handle her pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG Lanc - Yes a lot of the young mothers are just written off. I think my mom, who is very old school, would have written me off if I had gotten pregnant young. I think everyone deserves a chance to right a wrong in their life. It's a little thing called forgiveness. Angelica's parents didn't have the pregnancy well, but at least they didn't kick her out of the house. But her mother made it very clear that she had no intentions on babysitting any grandchildren. Of course once Nina arrived, they fell in love. Maybe we will get to meet her mom or dad one day.

      Delete
  4. Is angelica a barbie pearl beach doll ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any cribs like that for sale ? I think Thrichelle needs a crib for Sue .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Spain: is a very real story. I love the nursery. How many children you have!. the bed is also very nice. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks! I have a ton of kids. One day I will count them.

      Delete
  7. Very nice photo story, Vanessa. As always, I love all of the little details. My childhood best friend was a young mother who went on to get her Bachelor's and Masters degrees, and this story reminds me a little of her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roxanne - Thanks. That's great that your best friend was able to keep going with her education. One of my best friends was a mother at 16. She did finish high school, but that's where it ended for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story! I love seeing those babies. I need more I don't think my day care looks crowded enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - Thanks. I need a daycare three times that size to hold all the little ones I have. Some have never even been seen.

      Delete
  10. Love the picture of Nina dozing while Lauren gets ready. And your daycare centre looks like it needs to move to bigger premises.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how adorable and bustling daycare is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather - They could definitely use a little more space in that daycare. Hopefully she will secure a larger location in the near future.

      Delete
  12. Carrickters - When we moved Morristown to the basement, the daycare lost it's location. This is a temporary location until she can find a larger location.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola sabes que me encanta tu blog y la gran cantidad de accesorios que tienes, me gusto esta historia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias por ser un gran defensor de mi blog por ejemplo! Feliz Navidad.

      Delete
  14. I think I might like Angelica more than any other character in Morristown. She is sweet, humble, driven and loving. Oh is lovely and dresses well. lol
    Great job on everything about this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - Awww. Angelica smiled when I told her what you said. So happy you like this story.

      Delete
  15. FELIZ NAVIDAD, son los sinceros deseos del Blog de Boris Estebitan, arriba el espiritu navideño.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dang that is one crowded daycare! I'm going to have to come by and inspect that place for occupancy/staff code.

    I really like this story line. My mom was a single mom and she got her college degree while we were still little bits of nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Way to go mom! Let's hope Nina doesn't give her mom as much trouble as you probably did. lol.

      Delete
  17. I love Angelica´s clothes, it´s cool! And her baby is so cute... Very nice family.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...