Friday, October 14, 2011

Rod and Danielle Finally Tell the Kids

Well the photostory turned into a video. That darn Frannie!  And all the others who kept saying "Can't wait to see the video."  Well here you go.  The first video using the new restaurant concept.  This isn't the layout I had initially, but it still worked out.  Due to time constraints and  threats I received from people patiently waiting for the photostory, I didn't get to decorate as well as I would have liked.  That's okay.  I will be gathering items needed along the way to make the decor better for future restaurants.  Here you can see the different floor and the different wall that wasn't shown in the previous post.

Please forgive the crazy eyes that Jacob now has.  I decided to give him an articulated body with his new jogging suit.  Unfortunately, I forgot that I hadn't sealed the previous pitiful eye painting that I had done.  So when I looked at the poor kid, he didn't have any eyes.  So I did a 5 min repaint job on him.  It's not terrible, but he looks a little scary.  When I get more than 5 mins, I will redo them.

In this scene you can sort of see the plexiglass windows that I placed on the left and right hand side.  I meant to put some signage on it, so you could tell it was there.  This is just recycled plastic from the many doll boxes that I had/have.  I am also using the plastic in Antoinette's french doors. 

I was able to get one of my favorite families, The Hart's in the scene as well.  Two of my bikers showed up to order some pizza.  Restaurants are definitely the place where all worlds collide.

Ever since I figured out that Only Heart toddlers can wear Kelly clothes, I have been ecstatic.  Those little pliable bodies are great for putting her in realistic poses.


Double-click to make the YouTube logo to make the video larger
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. The Harts are my favourite family! Loved to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. That pizza looked so yummy! So I am new to your families but I have a feeling the ex-wife may not like this. LOL The smiley faced girls is the perfect little worker with that big ole smile on her face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hailey - Hello stranger. So nice to hear from you. Hope all is well. I really like the Harts, too. It's been hard giving all the families enough video time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mrscarissa - Yeah, I finally found something to do with my big head, smiley faced dolls. They make great workers. LOL. Melanie is Rod's ex-wife. Here is a link to the 3 or 4 stories I did with her. The video is a blog exclusive, so it can only be seen through the link. When you have a chance, take a look at Ms. Melanie. I think she may be making another appearance soon. If the link below doesn't work, just search the blog for Melanie.

    http://vansdolltreasures.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this scene. That pizza looks good enough to eat! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! The kids took it well. Let's see just what the ex wife has to say lol. The pizza did look good enough to eat! Love the Harts, their kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loretta - Hello friend. Thanks. Hope you are doing well. This was my first time using my new versatile restaurant space. So I am very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chynadoll - Thanks. I love the Harts. Glad I could finally get them back in the mix. Have you met Melanie, Rod's ex-wife? If you haven't, below is a link to a few posts where she shows up. I don't have a clue as to how she will react. I'm sure it will be very interesting. Isn't it always with the ex?

    http://vansdolltreasures.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results

    ReplyDelete
  9. That video was amazing! loved the fact that the kids didnt really mind it but i think Rods ex wife is going to make a big stinct about it though! Love the pizza shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great video! Love the pizza restaurant setting - really well done. The kids in there are just adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. william - Thanks! Yeah, I don't think Melanie will be as easy going about it. Rod should probably get to her before Nicole does.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dolly's World - Thanks. The kids would have preferred McDs. But Danielle poo pooed that idea. So pizza it is. Hope she doesn't get any on that suit. Our dry cleaning budget is tapped out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice video! I loved this episode. The details were good and that baby bag is simply adorable. I also like the Hart family. I am anxious to see how the ex will take it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Georgia Girl - Thanks. I made that baby bag and diaper holder (not shown) last year. I'm so glad I can incorporate more families and dolls into the scenes and still focus on the critical families. I knew having this restaurant area would be really good for that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry Vanessa, I thought you were going to make a video. Oh well, as usual you outdid yourself! Loved it!
    Didn't know that there were Only Hearts Toddlers! Great to see you can include the other families in your video.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet story. Nicole and Julian will be precious as the flower girl and ring bearer at the wedding. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. limbe dolls - Thanks. I was thinking that Nicole is too big to be a flower girl. I was thinking of making her a junior bridemaid. Maybe she's not too old. I'll have to ponder that again. Not looking forward to sewing/gathering clothes for this wedding. Danielle is okay, and I think I will have Rod and Jacob taken care of. The rest is a blur.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicole is so perceptive and Julian is such a sweetheart. I didn't notice anything wrong with Jacob's eyes.

    Because of this video my little Only Hearts Syndney and probably Kayla will be released from their boxes!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello. I write you from Spanin and i like very much your blog. I have other blog and if you want you can see it in: www.all4barbie.blogspot.com

    See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marta - Thanks for the comments and the link to your blog. You have a really nice blog, too. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...