Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Glimpse At The Upcoming Video

I don't know if you heard, but Tracy is having video withdrawals.  So I got up early to shoot the new video.  I don't know how she could be having video withdrawals with all that relationship drama happening over at Dolls and the City.  I decided she didn't need anymore stress, so by tomorrow morning there should be a new video posted.

The new video will take place at The Den.  The Den is a new little spot that Leslie's father owns.  He was a jazz musician back in the day, and always said that when he retired he was going to open up a little jazz spot.  I had no intention of keeping this dio up, but I just love it, and I think it needs to be a permanent part of Morristown.  I think there will be other things happening at the Den.  This is a much better spot for the bachelor's party and probably a few other wedding functions. 

Here is a peek inside.  A special thank you goes out to Vita Plastica for blogging about those LED tealights from Big Lots.  They make perfect flickering candles on the tables.  Just in case anyone is wondering, the tabletops are made of cardboard with a hole in the center for the tealights. As you can see the decor is not quite done.  It will change as time goes on, but we can't hold up video production for that.  You guys know me by now.  What's my motto?  Gotta keep it movin'!

This lady and her husband were just coming to hear the jazz.  They are friends of Darius and Nikki.  As I was setting things up, I noticed she and Chris (Kara's husband) had very similar features.

See the resemblance?  So....they are now brother and sister.  I just love when these things happen.  I wasn't even trying to get a connection there.  But now that means that Kara and Chris now have a distant connection to the world of Darius and Nikki.  I wonder if they will ever meet?



Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. Chris and his sister does resemble. I love The Den and am anxiously awaiting your new video.

    Happy Sunday to you Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenery is awesome, it looks so real!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgia Girl - I love when dolls from different lines work well together. When my dolls heard that I was going to be cutting out some families, they started really working together. They must have had a meeting in the middle of the night to figure out how to keep everyone around. Happy Sunday!

    Rosetti - Thanks so much. Don't forget to come back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! i really like this place so far! The tea lights do make a huge difference in appearance! I bet this is going to be the new hang out for alot of our favorite people! Great job vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT!! As I type, I'm working on photos to bring together my group as the new girl, Piper caused quite a stir when she came home. It's like getting new furniture pieces in your home. You have to move it around so that the new and old stuff becomes cohesive. :)

    The Den is very nice! The tea lights are perfect. I might have to get a few to add to the mood at The Word Shop.

    Chris definitely looks related to Nikki's friend. That is what's been going on around my house. You start noticing connections whether its relationship or family, it works. :)

    Can't wait until tomorrow! Thanks for my teaser fix, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, keep the den, it is perfect for Morristown. It will come together perfectly, like it always does. I will add the tealights to my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. william - Thanks. You are so right about this being a new hangout.

    Tracy - When I awoke at 3am, I thought about you. When I realized how chilly my studio was, I went back to sleep for 3 hrs. Oh goodness, I sure hope you aren't breaking up anymore couples over there. I have to teach you how to slowly introduce new characters. I still have new characters from a year ago waiting to make their entrance because their mate, or their parents haven't materialized yet. No, I don't expect you to wait a year. I heard the screams all the way over here. LOL! Can't wait to see what drama Piper has caused.

    ReplyDelete
  8. brini - The tealights are a definite must have. Yes, The Den will stay. Now I have to find another place to take my furniture pictures. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Vanessa - LOL! I think I need more of a buying intervention, lol. You'd be proud of me with the changes. I really only focused on the friendship and family dynamics. I had an extra little boy so he had to go to someone also, a few people got body swapped to connect them better with the main characters. I did do an amicable split with a couple, it only made sense. They both wanted very different things. I hope to post the photo updates today to follow the 2nd installment of last weeks photo story. :)

    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Den must stay. The tea lights create a certain ambiance to the Den.
    Anxiously awaiting to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy india - We must think alike because I have a few couples that didnt really click so i placed them with others and Bammm they worked! I too have many characters to introduce but all in good time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The den looks like the place to be. Depending on how well your camera handles low light, you can also add some strings of LED lights (I got some 75% off after Christmas last year) and shoot with just the tea lights and the strings of lights. Colored lights can add a lot of ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frannie - Are the tealights wonderful. I am right on target with getting the video done. Last step is picking out the music.

    william - The difference between you and Tracy is that you don't get us vested in those couples that don't work. Now that I think about it, you have never really introduced us to any couples. I know. They're coming. You big tease.

    ReplyDelete
  14. limbe dolls - The colored lights are a great idea. It was my intent to add white string lights, but I got lazy. I had already shot the whole video when I posted these pictures. I will try the lights another time. I think my camera will handle low light, if I set it correctly. I didn't set it right for this video and some of the pictures are a little grainy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vanessa- Just introduced one tonight..check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it. The Den looks like a pretty cool spot. I can see you make it good use of it for future events. I vote for keeping it.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got a shout-out!!! Wow, they look great! Why are mine still sitting in a box? I love the jazz spot. Sounds like a great spot for these parents to get a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vita Plastica - I always try to give credit where credit is due. I wouldn't have know to look for them without your post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well Lashelle thinks Nathaniel don't appreciate her and Nathaniel thinks she does not cook enough. On top of just getting on each other's nerves all the time and when they had broken up for a time, Nathaniel had a baby with someone else. Lashelle thinks he still loves the other women. Just drama...lol

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...