Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Julian Had New Friends When I Got Home

Well I am back from my wonderful vacation.  Everything went off without a hitch.  My Godson is such a fabulous young man and it was great spending so much time with him.  While away, I did work on organizing my storylines and I made great progress.  Thanks to everyone who got in on the suggestions.  I will be posting the results in the next couple of days.  When I returned home there were lots of goodies waiting for me.  It felt a little like Christmas.  There were outfits, little dolls, doll heads, dishes.... OH MY!

Here's Julian with two of his new school friends.  I found this Asian doll and redhead on line before leaving.  I have no idea who they are. The Asian girl has white legs and the redhead has yellow legs.  This was my first time seeing this variety in this size.  So I had to have them.

Danielle would be flabbergasted to see Julian standing on that couch with his shoes one.
 
Of course the new kids have parents.  The mom, Barbie Basic 1.0 #5, is one of the heads that arrived while I was gone.  I put her on a LIV body, which was perfect considering she has a short husband.  He is GI JOE height.

They will officially be named when they make their video appearance.  No they will NOT be attending the Daddy/Daughter dance.  Who asked that silly question? LOL! 

The second family has one of our avid bikers, Samantha, who is married to Kurt.  I bought Fashion Fever Kurt from Ms. Leo. 

Kurt rides too, but not as much since their daughter arrived on the scene five years ago.  This little girl will definitely not be following in her parents footsteps.  She is all girl.  There will be no bikes in her future. Samantha doesn't understand how she got such a little princess.    

So, I am glad to be back in the saddle.  I missed talking to you guys.  Actually, I did talk to you guys, just not through pictures.  Next on the agenda.... that darn Daddy/Daughter dance.  LOL.  I hope to start shooting part 1 by Thursday.  Everyone is dressed and ready to go, except me.  I still have to put up all the decorations.  Everytime I pass them in my studio, I hear them yelling at me.  They are so ready to get out of those hot clothes.  After all is has been mid 90s in Atlanta for about 2 weeks straight now.  So I will put them out of their misery real soon.

Sorry about the pitiful pictures.  I am experimenting and you know what they say, "sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better."

15 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time seeing your godson and his family.

    Julian's new friends are sooo cute.
    Love the new families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frannie. Yes, I am preparing for a future school scene, so I am gathering up some new kids. I think I have about 9 5yr olds so far. That is actually plenty to move forward with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your trip and visit with your Godson.

    Congratulations on your new dolls and parts. You've created nice families with them.

    I am looking forward to your next video.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new kids! They are actually part of the new Mattel Kelly/Chelsie line. These two were Target exclusives for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. blue_winks - Thanks. I knew someone would know who they were. Target is great when it comes to exclusives. Unfortunately, I miss out on most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vanessa. Glad you enjoyed your trip. The little ones are precious. You blog looks good. Did you redesign/tweek it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome home vanessa! i cant waite to see what you have instored for us next.I love julians new little friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kurt looks so much happier that he did at the bottom of a box at my house! I'm glad he has a great home and family. He really needed a family. Your new dolls look great. I saw some liv doll on sale...I'm getting tempted. I'm glad you had a chance to get away. It's something we all should do more often. It freshens up the brain cell. You're energized and ready to go! New format look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgia Girl - Thanks. Yes the blog is in tweeking mode. While on vacation I did some brainstorming. The blog post for today will explain the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. William - Thanks. My little Julian is very popular amomgst the 5yr old ladies. Personally he prefers his ladies a little older... like Nicole's age. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ms. Leo - Hello! Yes your Kurt was welcome the moment he popped out his shipping box. Bethany loves her man. All I need to do is find him an articulated body so he can hug her back.

    The 4 days away were very relaxing. No TV. Just good clean fun and lots of much needed sleep. As an insomniac, I sleep 3-4 hrs per night. There, I slept 8 hrs everyday with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you again, Vanessa. :)
    Yes, those little girls are Easter Chelsea dolls. There are several lines of Chelsea now: Easter, Valentine, "Time" (Beach Time, Play Time and others) and several sets with them (Chelsea and Barbie, Chelsea and Skipper), but most of the Chelsea dolls are blond and blue-eyed. Too dull. I like the Valentine series: http://www.flickr.com/photos/laila_x/5375982736/ and Easter series: http://www.flickr.com/photos/laila_x/5549905849/ But I hate the fact that Easter dolls have those colored legs...
    All those interesting Chelsea dolls are rare and hard to find on eBay and of course we don't have them in Russia. But I still hope I'll be able to get some of them one day...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dukasha - Thanks for the links. Prior to these dolls I had only seen all the single blonde ones and all the ones in the sets. I haven't been to Target in awhile so I was missing out. I don't like the colored legs either, except the white ones make very nice tights.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have put some diverse kelly heads on Chelsea bodies. for example I had two copies of the Caucasian gymnastics set and those bodies have a special hole in the foot for the balance beam so I made one red-head and another asian. That way Leah can pretend to be gymnastics coach using the gymnast girls bodies and Kara as coach. -- Kristl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristl - That was a great idea. I don't have a lot of different types of Kelly bodies. I still have quite a few Kellys boxed though, and I think some of them are jointed at the knees. I really need to get them out of those boxes.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...