Sunday, December 19, 2010

Baby Krissy's New Crocheted Outfit! She's ready for church

Yesterday I received my recent ebay purchase and I was stunned.  I wasn't expecting it to be so nice.  The picture on ebay was very bad and I almost didn't place a bid. I placed it at the last minute and got this outfit for $4.96 + $1.50 shipping.  This was the first time I wanted to send a seller more money. 

You haven't officially met this little girl and her family yet, but they are coming soon.  This outfit, with the cute little hat deserves a story.  Maybe they will go to church.  Making that set might be complicated.  Or maybe she just go get pictures taken at the photo studio.  Any suggestions?

Here's the whole outfit, plus she included an extra hat that is perfect for the larger toddler.


Here she is showing off the cute panties and the booties.  Oops, her panties are a little crooked.

These pics don't do the outfit justice.  It is so much nicer in person.

6 comments:

  1. It is really nice. Sometimes I see such Krissy outfits on eBay and always think that it would be interesting to try to make something like that. I don't have Krissy, but have several other babies of her size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vanessa,

    I love what you are doing! You are further along than I am but I have been wanting to make these kinds of movies since I was a kid back in the Super 8 days. In the 1990s Mattel made a wedding chapel. Here is one NIB on eBay:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-BARBIE-WEDDING-CHAPEL-7217-NEW-/130461656151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e601ee457#ht_2508wt_693

    If you bide your time you can find a gently used one at a better price. The reverend in my church is a graduation Barbie in a pink robe. I can't wait to see the christening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Paulette Thanks so much for the compliments. I just sort of fell into making the videos. I needed to document all my families and I thought this was a great way to give them permanent names and lives. I took a look at the wedding chapel, but I honestly feel like I can personally make something that would work better for my church scene. Do you have a site?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vanessa,

    I am sure that you can make a much better church. I am really struck by your talent as a set designer and the phenomenal level of detail you put into your scenes. I have a website but it is a professional portfolio (www.paulette-richards.net). I am a dancer and videographer among other things. Your blog gives me inspiration to post my own Barbie blog.

    Looking forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Paulette I checked out your website. Quite impressive. I was born in Alexandria, VA, studied French for 5 years, love to dance, and currently live in GA. We could be twins. Can't wait to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...