Monday, May 27, 2013

The Finishing Touches (Photostory)

The Langfords are just about finished getting the baby shower room ready.  Just a few more things left to do.

Camille finished the food table and is finishing up the treats for each table.  Grace and her man, Kevin, are trying to hang the banner.  Dominique, Grace's twin sister, just finished putting the tablecloths on the gift table.  Grace and Kevin's daughter, is trying to get the rocking chair going, but it's too close to the wall to move.

"Grace, are you guys almost finished?  We need to finish tidying up.  The guests will start arriving in about an hour."  (Camille)

"Almost mom.  We just have the banner left to do."  (Grace)

"Do you guys need help?"  (Dominique)
"Just let us know if it's straight once we get it up there."  (Grace)

Just at that moment, William, Camille's husband, enters the room with his youngest granddaughter, Dominique's only child.

"I think I'm going to need a chair to get it high enough."  (Grace)

"Hey Dad.  You need me to take her now?"  (Dominique)
"No.  I got her."  (William)

"Granddaddy!"


"I think this is high enough.  Now put your side up."  (Grace)


"Well if it isn't one of my prettiest granddaughters.  Come give your granddad a big hug."  (William)

"Mommy the table looks great.  Kendra's going to love it."  (Dominique)

"Thanks, sweetie."  (Camille)

"Oooh wee.  Now that's a good hug."  (William)

"Hey guys, how's the banner?  Is it straight?"  (Grace)

"Kevin's side needs to come up a bit."  (Camille)

Kevin and Grace fix the banner then step back to look at their work.

"That's much better."  (Camille)

"Thanks for helping."  (Grace)
"No problem.  Maybe one day I'll be putting up a banner for us."  (Kevin)
Grace hears him, but pretends not to.

"Mommy can I have a bloon?"  (baby girl)
"You want a balloon?  Let's go see if we can find an extra one."  (Dominique)

"Well I'm going to get out of here.  What time should I pick you up?"  (Kevin)

"The shower is scheduled to last for three hours, but you might want to come back right before it ends.  We may need help carrying out the gifts."  (Grace)
"Aye aye captain." (Kevin)

Kevin says goodbye to the rest of the Langfords, then gives his daughter a hug.  The rest of the Langfords finish tidying up the room and preparing for the guests.  William leaves a short while later.  Kendra is one of the first guest to arrive.  We will check in on the party in a couple of days.

HEADS UP: There's a name dilemma.  Appears I have been calling Grace's daughter Courtney and Robin's daughter, Courtney.  One of these little girls will be renamed and all the blog entries will reflect the changed name.  This will happen before we rejoin the party since both little girls will be at the baby shower.


41 comments:

  1. Great job on the set up Vanessa! The food, scene, pics all look great! You have the perfect eye for creating realistic scenes.

    I want to be like you when I grow up. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks! Your dios are already better than mine. You just don't do them very often.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yellow Apple Crafts - 2 words, Thank you! LOL.

      Delete
  3. That's quite a spread there! And the decorations are wonderful. Can't wait for the shower to start. Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - Thanks. Baby showers are so much fun. I'm sure they will have a great time.

      Delete
  4. I ate a whole pile of food this weekend but seeing this blog made me want more. Great presentation cant wait to read what the guest of honor thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - Thanks. At first I was wondering why you ate a whole pile of food, then I remembered the holiday. You must have been at a cookout or something. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Wow, a lot of work to set up but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pattidolls - Thanks. I've learned to take a couple of days to set up the larger displays. Doesn't seem too overwhelming that way.

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing! the ladies are going to have alot of fun! I love the little banner..did you make that! (Jealous)...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. william - Thanks! I printed the banner as is off the internet, joined a couple of them together and hung it with ribbon.

      Delete
  7. It looks great in there! I forgot is this a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - Thanks. No the shower is not a surprise, but Kendra doesn't know the details.

      Delete
  8. Love Grace's outfit. Did you make it.? She looks like a brick house in one of those shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG Lanc - Thanks. No I didn't make her outfit. She is wearing a two piece from barbie-couture, an ebay seller. The outfits are well made and fit great.

      Delete
  9. Hello from Spain: I like the look of the tables and hammock. Balloons are very original. You work very hard. I really like Dominique. William is very manly. The tablecloth with drawings of pacifiers is gorgeous. Congratulations on the scene. Awesome. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks! The tablecloth is gift wrapping tissue paper. I found it last minute at the dollar store.

      Delete
  10. Isn't it a good thing the wall is blue and Kendra is having a boy? It all looks great and Kendra will absolutely love it. Love the pictures of whatshername (you can correct that once you sort out the names) on the rocking chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Sometimes things just work out for the best. Kendra will be ecstatic. She knows after this milestone it won't be long before she gives birth.

      Delete
  11. Looks great.

    Love the food table.

    Grace is wearing that halter/skirt ensemble.

    The two Courtneys are adorable!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Thanks. Grace's ensemble is one of those great fitting barbie-couture outfits. There's only one Courtney in this story. The second one will be shown in the next baby shower story. I'll put Dominique's daughter's name in the next story, too. I couldn't remember it, and didn't look it up.

      Delete
  12. Those Langfords really know how to put on a shin-ding. Everything looks great! I especially like William's shoes. Did you paint them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Thanks. Camille loves to entertain! William is wearing shoes that were purchased like that. I also have a black pair. I can't remember where I got them from because they are nice and big and fit the action figure guys. If I remember the source, I will let you know.

      Delete
  13. OMG!! I love the room! It is greaaaaat!
    The golden furniture.... LOVE THEM!
    You did a GREAT great job, congratulations indeed!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farbield - Thanks! Most of the chairs are Gloria furniture chairs I spray painted gold.

      Delete
  14. I love Your new story and the photos!! The decoration is fantastic, love the balloons, too! Grace and Kevin's daughter is so adorable in the pictures jumping down to greet her grandfather! Great job, I can't wait the next chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary Hill - Thanks! The guests have already started arriving.

      Delete
  15. Fantastic Job on the room, food and decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The room looks great, especially the food table! I would call them both Courtney. One could be Courtney B and the other Courtney Jane or something. Do you know how many Heather's I know?? Too many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Thanks! I think when I first started doing the stories, I didn't plan on using the SIS kid who is originally named Courtney, so I named the original Janessa, Courtney. I just wasn't fond of the name Janessa. Ironic, right? It might be cool to have two Courtneys. I'll give it some thought.

      Delete
  17. Oh my God, what a wonderful job you've done!! I love not just all the little details as the food and the decoration, but the way you've arranged everything, it looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Oh, thanks. It took me awhile to figure out the best setup. Most baby showers I attended were in people's houses, so this was a little different.

      Delete
  18. I agree with Muff about keeping both girls named "Courtney." That happens in "real life," too ;-)

    Oh, the food looks soooo goood. Joe and his pals are smacking their lips at the sight of the tables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - What, no fainting? LOL. So we now have two votes for two Courtneys. Do you ever feed those guys over there? They always seem so hungry.

      Delete
  19. WOW! Vanessa the room looks awesome!!! Love, love the colors. So creative how you used straws as strings for the balloons. Girl, my daughter would have been thoroughly entertained if you were around when she was little. lol On to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonya! Your daughter is still not to old to play with dolls. Send her over. We would have a great time. LOL!

      Delete
  20. The dollies are so cute like always! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - Thanks. Your alter ego, Kendra will be showing up soon.

      Delete
  21. Great set once more! Love the blue wallpaper. And the food looks delicious, I bet nothing will be left :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V. - Thanks! I picked up that contact paper at TJ Maxx.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...