Friday, May 17, 2013

Kendra Shares the News (Photostory)

William Langford is reading the newspaper.  He can hear that his wife, Camille, has just arrived home.

"Hi, dear.  Did you find something to eat for lunch?"  (Camille)
"I ate the left overs we brought home last night."  (William)

"Oh good.  I wasn't expecting to be gone this long.  We went to four different places, and finally picked the last one.  My feet are killing me."  (Camille)

"Let me help with that. Put your foot up here."  (William)

"This is exactly what I need."  (Camille)

"Well, we are all set for the shower next week.  Now I just have to finalize the menu and help the girls plan out the decorations."  (Camille)

"Are you ever going to slow down, woman?  You are supposed to be retired."  (William)
"Ooooh, that feels good. (pause)  Retired doesn't mean sit around doing nothing."  (Camille)
"Oh no?"  (William)

Camille announces that she has to change because Grace and Kendra are coming over after her doctor's appointment.  William remembers he has a quick errand to run.  He's going to try to get back before the ladies leave.

 Thirty or so minutes later....
"Mom, Dad?  Anybody home?"  (Grace)
"I'll be down in a minute.  Make yourselves at home."  (Camille calling from upstairs)

"I would love to offer you a drink, but they are remodeling the kitchen and there's nothing in there."  (Grace)
"That's okay.  Drinking anything means going to the bathroom.  I do that more than enough."  (Kendra)

Camille enters from the back stairs.

"Hello guys.  Well if it isn't the beautiful mommy-to-be."  (Camille)
"Hello, auntie."  (Kendra)
"Hi, grammy."  (Courtney)
"Come give grammy a hug."  (Camille)

"So how are you feeling?  You look beautiful.  Pregnancy suits you."  (Camille)
"Oh, I'm glad you think so.  Me and the little one are doing great."  (Kendra)

"Well, we are all set for the baby shower next week."  (Camille)
"That's wonderful."  (Kendra)

"No chance of this little one coming early, is it?  Oh my goodness!  That was quite a kick."  (Camille)

"No, the doctor says, he will be right on time."  (Kendra)
"He? You're having a boy?"  (Camille)
"Yes, we found out today.  I couldn't wait anymore."  (Kendra)
"Oh Kendra, I'm so happy for you!"  (Camille)

"Mom, this will be like the little grandson you've been wanting for so long."  (Grace)
"Wait until your father hears the news."  (Camille)

William arrives a little later and is thrilled to hear about the little boy that will be joining the family.  

The Langfords unfinished kitchen.

 This weekend we will get to see Ian with his new body and his new Ikea inspired apartment.



EPILOGUE
1. I still have to paint the roof and the trim on the Langford home. 
2. I quickly threw together her living room just to do the Kendra baby story.  I like the way it turned out, so it's staying as is.  I need to add more plants on the plant stand, which was formerly the display stand at Ni'Chalet's.
3. I'm thinking about adding a bathroom in the Langford bedroom.  
4. Yesterday when I was at Ikea, they had an apartment similar to the one I made for Ian.  I was so anxious to make this, I got up in the middle of the night and put this much together.  Danielle will be dropping by for a visit in one of the upcoming stories. 

49 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I I can not believe what I see. Your white paint her house. A beautiful room!!!. I love it. The bed is ideal. Camille dress is Mattel??? I love it. I like the curtain in the elevator area. I will copy you. The yellow chair is very elegant. I'm sure you did. Great job. You have many short-term projects. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks! I wasn't planning on the white walls, but I liked how it looked. I made the dress Camille is wearing many years ago. Now I have to figure out what to do with the kitchen and I can move on to the next house.

      Delete
  2. I love the white...it looks so crisp and clean. Great job on middle of the night work. I think that's the best time for creativity! Love it Vanessa...
    Loretta xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta - I'm not normally a white wall person, but I think it works well in this case. Yes, middle of the night is a very creative time.

      Delete
  3. Well that was quick, I didn't have to wait long. Love that kitchen. And Ian - good LAWD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - I promised people I wouldn't drag it out. LOL about Ian!

      Delete
  4. i thought it was a girl lol! well im so excited for her. cant wait till her son is born

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coolsinger - Hope you aren't disappointed. Most of the infant babies here in Morristown are girls. There's baby Shay, Chloe, Sophia, an the Cooper's baby. I guess it's time for an other infant little boy.

      Delete
  5. Awww, yay, a little boy! :) Ian's apartment is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - That's what they said! They would have had the same reaction if it were a little girl, too. Ian is looking forward to entertaining in his new place, with his new body.

      Delete
  6. Just what this world needs, another man. Just kidding ;)! Regardless of gender, I'm sure they are just both overjoyed that they'll have a healthy baby. And *whistles*, Ian's new bod is a work of art! I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - LOL! Maybe this time the heavens will get it right. Ian is blushing. He's looking forward to being seen, in all his new body glory.

      Delete
  7. Ian's new body Suits him well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. justJay - I am thrilled about his new body. It's a nice height and a nice color for him.

      Delete
  8. A new baby boy(s?) will soon arrive! I knew she was carrying a boy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - I guess it was where she is carrying the baby that gave it away. We all know I properly placed that belly to indicate it was a boy. NOT! LOL.

      Delete
  9. WOW! Everything looks awesome! I am loving the color schemes going on in everyone's living and bedrooms. I'm especially excited to see Ian's apartment. I LOVE Ikea. Don't they have the best layout ideas in their catalogs?

    How are the ankles on Ian's new body. are they stronger than the Omega body's ankles?

    Oh, and congrats to Kendra and Nate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Thanks! Have you ever been to an Ikea showroom? The rooms and apartments they put together are incredible. I saw a 375ft full apartment there the other day. Blew my mind. I may try to recreate that one for one of the ladies. The ankles are much better on this body. I will give a review when I do the Ian post.

      Delete
    2. Yes, there's an Ikea about 8 miles from me and I LOVE going in there. My favorite Ikea items are the Expedit shelves and Klippan sofas. I think they're so chick and a must if your space is small. There's also a West Elm just a few blocks from Ikea. They items look very similar but the price...ridiculous.

      Have you seen CB2 catalogs? I think their based out of Florida (not sure) but they have amazing layouts for loft type spaces and I think their items are where stores like Ikea and West Elm use similar ideas but for a lot less.

      Delete
    3. Tracy - No, I'm not familiar with CB2. I will be looking them up tonight. Thanks.

      Delete
  10. The Mbili Grace doll looks so much like me! LOL! These are such cute dolls. The beds look comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - Does she really?! That's funny. Glad I named her Kendra, now.

      Delete
    2. LOL! She does! Actually it's the That's So Raven doll that looked a lot like me. I hope I am not sounding vain here. ;-)

      Delete
    3. KenyaDoll - LOL! No, I don't think you're being vain. Just confident.

      Delete
  11. I love Your new scenes! They are so detailed! I like the IKEA style, too.
    Congratulations to Kendra! :) I can't wait their baby's room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary Hill - Thanks! Kendra (and I) will have fun with the baby's room. At least we have the crib done. Now for all the details.

      Delete
    2. Hola, desde Mexico, todo me encanta, las macetas, las plantas, la sala,muy bonita historia. Estamos en contacto, hasta pronto.

      Delete
  12. I'm very impressed with your remodeling of the house. I'm looking to steal as many ideas as I can. Ian must have been very busy working out. Has he taken up body building as a hobby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Steal away! I'm just glad I'm almost finished and it's turning out better than I expected. Ian has been spending some time in the gym.

      Delete
  13. Camille's bedroom dio is simply awesome, it has character, and it's so well furnished and decorated, I love it. I know you will do marvels with her kitchen too! And that new Ikea appartment looks very modern and stylish. I think Ian is starting to enjoy it already though it isn't finished. And his new body seems perfect, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Thanks! They love it so far. I bought Ian's body from Monkey Depot. I will tell which one when I do the post. I don't have the info handy at the moment.

      Delete
  14. Oooops, almost forgot... it's a boy!! Kendra can now start the decoration of his room...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you set up the house scenes! A little boy !..Yay! I cant waite to see what you have instore next. As for Ians body, how is the color match! I do love his new body and it suites him well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. william - Thanks! The color match is great. It's not perfect, but it's not noticeable.

      Delete
  16. Congratulations to Kendra! Looking forward to the baby shower. Love the white kitchen, it looks beautiful and open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adrian - The Burkes thank you. They are super excited. They are waiting for the new appliances and kitchen furniture to be delivered

      Delete
  17. Got it!!! It's a boy...YAY!!!! Girl, I have to keep up with you. Kenya Johnson Gallion Jr. over here with the blog posts. If you blink you'll miss one. lol I'm trying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya - Yes, they are more than excited. If I don't post within a couple of days, I start getting jittery. LOL! I gues you can say I'm addicted.

      Delete
  18. Wiiliam is very sweet, I also love feet rubbing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V. - He can't stop Camille from running around like a crazy woman, so he figures this is the next best thing.

      Delete
  19. william's and camille bedroom is very welcoming. know what you mean, sometimes I have an idea in my head, and until I get to work on it is not going! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farbield - Thanks. If I have the energy to quickly do a project, it's best to get it done. Otherwise it could be months before I actually do it.

      Delete
  20. Is Ian being mannish asking her to move in with him. Glad she turned him down. If he likes it then he shouldva put a ring on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG Lanc - Yes, Ian is a little out of line, but he's still young. I will let that be his excuse.

      Delete
  21. I know William is a power team guy do you remember which one? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG Lanc - I am sorry, I don't remember which PT guy William is. I bought him at least 10 yrs ago, and at the time, I didn't pay attention. I was just excited to have some nice looking black dolls in my collection.

      Delete
  22. Vanessa, your dolls seem so real. As I was reading through each character came to life. You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandi - You visited! Thanks for stopping by. As you can see, ideas from your blog will come in handy. My dolls get all the good stuff.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...