Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kendra's Special Request (Photostory)

Kendra makes it to the doctor's office with plenty of time to spare.  Grace and Courtney hang out in the lobby while she visits with the doctor.

"Right this way, Mrs. Burke."  (Nurse Sasha)

"Why don't you make yourself comfortable and I'll grab what I need."  (Nurse Sasha)

Kendra puts her bag down, while Sasha grabs the blood pressure monitor.

"Won't be long now.  Are you getting more excited?"  (Sasha)
"I am.  I can't wait to see him or her.  Nine months seems like a lifetime."  (Kendra)
"Let's get your blood pressure."  (Sasha)

"Are you going to be one of the nurses tending to me and the baby?"  (Kendra)
"That will depend on when you actually deliver.  There are three of us that tend to the mothers and babies.  Everyone is really nice, so you don't have anything to worry about.  Now hang tight, Dr. Sheppard will be in shortly."  (Sasha)

"Well, if it isn't my favorite patient.  How are you doing today?"  (Dr. Sheppard)
"I'm feeling great.  I'm just a little tired."  (Kendra)

"That is completely understandable.  Let me help you get up on the table."  (Dr. Sheppard)

"There you go.  So tell me how things have been since your last visit.  Are you resting well? (Dr. Sheppard)  
"I have been very good Dr. Sheppard.  I am resting just like the doctor ordered."  (Kendra)
"I ran into your husband earlier and he confirmed that you are taking it easy.  He was upset about not being able to make this appointment."  (Dr. Sheppard)
"I know, but duty calls."  (Kendra)
"Well let's get you all checked out."  (Dr. Sheppard)

Dr. Sheppard performs a routine exam.

"Well everything looks to be in order.  Do you have any questions?"  (Dr. Sheppard)

"Not a question, but a request.  I want to know what we're having."  (Kendra)

"I thought you said you wanted it to be a surprise."  (Dr. Sheppard)
"I did, but planning is so much easier knowing the sex of the baby.  This way we can finish the nursery and start shopping."  (Kendra)
"Well, there is a definite plus to knowing.  Let me get everything set up."  (Dr. Sheppard)

"I don't have to tell you how cold this instrument is.  Brace yourself."  (Dr. Sheppard)
"You would think you guy could figure out how to warm it up."  (Kendra)
"What's the fun in that?"  (Dr. Sheppard)

"Look.  There's your baby.  Let me see if I can get a better angle."  (Dr. Sheppard)

Yay!  We're going to find out what the Burkes are having.  STAY TUNED!



37 comments:

  1. i bet that it is a girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coolsinger - Thanks for weighing in. We should find out later today.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to find out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - She can't wait! Luckily she doesn't care one way or the other. She just wants a healthy baby.

      Delete
  3. Yes! I agree with Kendra, it's better to know so you can plan what you can buy. It's a pain to have to buy everything neutral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - When people started buying baby gifts, they all wanted to know the sex. With a little gentle nudging, Kendra agreed.

      Delete
  4. Hey Vanessa, it's me Tracey or Purple Candy 1997, just on another blog. hope it's a girl. But we'll just have to wait and see.

    My new blog is for Monster High Updates and Photo Stories. But Don't worry I'll also be posting them on my normal one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey - Yes, you will have to wait and see. I won't keep you guys waiting too long. Hopefully by the end of today, you will know.

      Delete
    2. Okay sound great I'll be on the look out. :)

      Delete
  5. Triplets, I tell ya! And she's carrying high so that means boys? I forget how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - LOL! I think she would be a lot bigger if she was carrying triplets. But what do I know. I have never given birth before.

      Delete
  6. I say a little girl!
    Lol @Muff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chynadoll - With a name like Chynadoll, I'm not surprised you want it to be a girl. LOL.

      Delete
  7. Yay! I bet it's little boy. Twins would be great though. There are no twin children in Morristown. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - There is a set of teenage twins in Morristown. They just haven't been introduced yet. Twins run heavily on both sides of my family. My dad was a twin. I'm surprised there aren't more twins in Morristown, too.

      Delete
  8. Wishing Kendra a smooth delivery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Kendra and Nathaniel thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete
  9. Ohhhhh!!! I thought we were going to know in this entry!! how intriguing! I would also like to know the sex of my baby in her place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Sorry to keep you on pins and needles. Hang in there!

      Delete
  10. I loooooove this exam room, so realistic. And the scene where her hand is on her belly is so darling. Hmmm...I'm throwing my guess in for twins, girl and boy :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni - Thanks! I always imagined I would have a set of twins. Didn't happen for me. I wonder if it will happen for her.

      Delete
  11. there is a set of twins. the coopers daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coolsinger - That's right! Thanks for reminding us. I have way too many families over here. LOL!

      Delete
  12. Ohhh! That Excited! Will be a girl or boy? I bet will be a boy! haha!
    Dr. Sheppard as Grey's anatomy, the resemblance to him is very reasonable! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farbield - The new story is up. I gave my Dr. Sheppard a haircut to make the resemblance better.

      Delete
  13. You are right, that makes it much easier for everyone buying presents. I see you are keeping the suspense going though and making us wait until the next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - They can be surprised on their next child. LOL! The new story is up.

      Delete
  14. Hello from Spain: I love the red pants and wearing Kendra bag. She is very pretty. I'm so excited to tell if it's a boy or girl. I prefer girls. It's fun to put bows and pink dresses. I really like your medical consultation. Your furniture is perfect. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. Girls are fun to dress, but a little harder to raise, in my opinion. Kendra will be happy either way. She's just excited to be a mom.

      Delete
  15. Dang you left me hanging. I think she has a girl belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Sorry, but the new story is up if you really want to know.

      Delete
  16. Dang! Can't wait to find out if it's a girl/a boy! Love Kendra's belly. And the the Dr.s locs...EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya - Thanks! The sex of the baby was revealed in the story following this one.

      Delete
  17. LOL Kendra is a lucky one - being followed by Doctor McDreamy!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V. - Doctor visits are always better when you have a nice looking doctor. Somehow the pain isn't as bad.

      Delete
  18. i am so happy for her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby - Thanks. She and her husband are thrilled.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...