Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day at the Park (Photostory)

I'm in the process of putting together a permanent park in Morristown.  Even though it still needs some work, the residents are already visiting.

It will mainly be a playground and picnic area.  There's a possibility I will turn it into different parks by changing the decor.  Let's take a look to see who is visiting today.

"Oh, you are going to give me a foot rub?"  (Grace)
"I'm trying to butter you up for later."  (Kevin)
"I knew there was a catch."  (Grace)

"Stay here.  I'm going to get a drink.  Want one?"  (Courtney)
"Nah.  I'm still playing."  (Jolisa)

Lena and Kendra just met for the first time today.  They are bonding over baby issues.

"Daddy!!!!  Look!!!"  (Jolisa)

"I see you, honey.  Be careful."  (Chris;  Kara's husband.)
  Kara is planning to meet her husband and daughter at the park.  She's got a little tied up at the salon.

Courtney runs and jumps on her dad's back.  Scares the mess out of him.  He nearly jumps out of his skin.

"Oh no you didn't, little girl."  (Kevin)
He grabs Courtney and pulls her over his shoulder.  She is giggling the whole time.

"No, Daddy, no!"  (Courtney)
"What do you mean, no.  You can't scare your ol' man like that and think there won't be lots of tickling."  (Kevin)

"It will get a lot easier when he starts sleeping through the night.  Now I can't say for sure when that will be.  Lil' Alan still has moments when he wakes up in the middle of the night ready to play."  (Lena)

"Well I wouldn't mind if he never grew up.  I love this baby stage.  The thought of him walking and talking, and going to school is so scary."  (Kendra)

"What are you looking for?  The juice boxes are in the far right corner"  (Grace)

"Can I have this instead?"  (Courtney)
"I brought juice boxes for you."  (Grace)
"Pleeeease Mommy!!!"  (Courtney)

"Hand it to me and reach in there and get your cup."  (Grace)
"You are such a pushover."  (Kevin)
"Look who's talking."  (Grace)

"Wahhh, wahhhh."  (Baby Cameron)
"Okay, okay."  (Kendra)

"There you go."  (Kendra)

"He makes sure he doesn't miss any meals.  I probably should head home and put him to bed.  He sleeps a lot longer in his bed, than he does in this carrier."  (Kendra)
"And a baby that doesn't get his full nap can just ruin your whole day."  (Lena)
The two ladies start laughing.  
"Amazing how a little sleep can make all the difference with babies.  If I have learned nothing else about being a mother, I have learned that lesson."  (Kendra)"

"Here's your drink.  Are you getting hungry?"  (Grace)
"No, not yet.  I was just thirsty."  (Courtney)

Jason enters the park with his two girls.  I guess Jason has Jada this week.  [Just a reminder, Jason is married to Lynn and they have a baby, Layla.  He fathered Jada with Shantavia, the photographer, who is now seriously dating Bruce.]

"Jason!  What's crackin', dude?"  (Kevin)

"Sup?"  (Jason)
Jada sees Courtney and heads over.

"Hi."  (Jada)
"Hi Jada.  Want to play on the playground with me?"  (Courtney)
"Hey Jada."  (Grace)

Kevin gets up to shake Jason's hand.
"It's been a minute."  (Jason)
"I know.  I have to get into the shop soon.  I'm starting to resemble a grizzly bear."  (Kevin)
[Jason is the owner of the town barbershop.]

 This is a good time to show the sneakers I bought for my action figures.  I've had these at least 6 months or more.  I purchased them from Ebay.  I think you have to make sure you buy the ones that lace up.  I'm not 100% sure the others actually fit.  These fit the PowerTeam Peacekeepers.  I haven't tried them on anyone else.  The hi-top ones are a little hard to get on.  I will have to soften them up with a hairdryer in order to get them on.


This pair has the velcro closure up top.  So cute.

These are Kevin's shoes

Chris is sporting a pair of green and orange Nikes.

Jason has on a blue and orange pair of Nikes.

39 comments:

  1. You've got a mighty handsome bunch of dolls there. I LUV, LUV, LUV the Nikes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. april_n_paris - Thanks. Now the dolls are all organized and I can get to them in a hurry. Aren't the shoes great? I'm ecstatic that they actually fit.

      Delete
  2. The park looks great! I love seeing so many families (multiple stories) in one place. The Nike shoes look great!! Nice post Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. I figured a park is the perfect way to do quick stories in the future

      Delete
  3. Wow, I am loving R the park! My daughter saw the photo and fell in love with the play structure. Is that a Happy Family structure? Her birthday is in May...I know she's getting some Barbie items but I might have to add a play structure to her list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Thanks. That play structure IS NOT Happy Family. It is just a Kelly playground I bought many years ago. I big yellow slide is from another set. It normally has a swing attached to it. I'm sure your daughter would love a playground!

      Delete
  4. Hi Vanessa, I love the the park, and as usual you're able to convey so much reality in your stories!
    The shoes look great, I wonder if they fit FR Hommes feet.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. billa's dolls - Thanks! With all the kids here in town, we really needed a nice playground. I will be trying those shoes on my FR doll. I will let you know.

      Delete
  5. What a great park. It will be a good place for all sorts of stories to take place. The shoes look good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Thanks. I was thinking ahead. You are right, I see lots of stories happening here.

      Delete
  6. Just in time for spring you have given your dolls access to a wonderful park. Enjoyed seeing all the families out enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Thanks. I was really surprised the pictures turned out. The park is located at the end of the basement that doesn't have the best light. Turned out great considering I didn't add any more lighting. Now the kids will have a place to ride their bikes and roller skate.

      Delete
  7. These little babies are cuties.Especially the two tiny ones.Just look at the bow on the head Jason's bundle.And nice sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val - Thanks. It's been awhile since we've seen little Cameron.l

      Delete
  8. This is so great! It reminds me sweetly of going to the park with my grandfather when I was little.

    Lena and Kendra look like they have a lot in common, and the arrival of Jason with baby stroller was a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smaller Places - Thanks! So glad I could bring back some nice memories.

      Delete
  9. The park is nice. I enjoyed the people interaction, especially Kevin with his daughter.

    Love those sneakers, too. My guys could use several. If they are all vinyl, immersing in boiling water will soften them up.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Thanks. Kevin and Grace are doing a lot better as a couple. Thanks for the tip about the sneakers. They are all vinyl.

      Delete
  10. I love the park and that you are thinking about changing it to look like different parks. I like seeing the families we haven't seen in a while.

    From what vendor did you get the shoes? I need some for all the new men I keep buying. Some Ken shoes fit, but with the FR guys, I have been told 1/6 scale AF shoes should fit. It would be great if I could get several interchangeable shoes for everyone.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janainah - Thanks. I will be showing a lot more families with this park. I think I bought the shoes from 7toys7. I haven't tried them on my FR doll. I plan to test it out sometime this week.

      Delete
  11. Hello from Spain: I really like your story. It is very interesting. The photos are great. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the story.

      Delete
  12. Cute story. Loving the park. I have that play structure too. Haven't seen some of these families in a while, but nice to see them all out and having fun in the park. Great shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - Thanks. I have so many families here. I'll be showing a lot more families that haven't been seen in a long time.

      Delete
  13. Ah.... I Love this story, there enjoying the day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladonna - I was happy to get a new story done with new families, just for you.

      Delete
  14. estupendaaaaa historiaaaaaa maravillosas zapatillas, besossss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carmen- Muchas gracias. Me alegro de que haya disfrutado de la historia y los zapatos.

      Delete
  15. HAPPY EASTER... Vanessa I keep having to come back to your blog this is my 4th time, why family gathering. I Love the story every detail. Those tennis I want, but you have so much items I want. Very Good Story!!!!!!!! :-) I was happy,Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neat park and great timing for it. Nice to see the families out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Thanks. I normally drag tables outside and setup outside. I'm getting too old and lazy for that. We're bringing the outside in.

      Delete
  17. Tell Grace there's always a catch- lol Nice job on the park. It's nice to see so many residents taking advantage of the beautiful weather. I was admiring those shoes before I even got through all the photos. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewell - Who you telling! Most men rarely do anything just to be nice. They always want some type of "appreciation", and I use that word lightly. The shoes are a real treat. I just ordered a few more pairs, now that I was able to get them on their feet.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - Thanks! It may be time for another basketball game now that my men have cool footwear.

      Delete
  19. Those shoes are outstanding! The park looks great as it is to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - And the shoes weren't overly expensive, which makes them even better. The plan is to put a different background on the wall to make it more realistic.

      Delete
  20. Nice sneakers. Can Darius have the red ones? I love a dark skinned man in red. I did pretty good when you reminded us who was who like Kara's husband and the mom dating Bruce, i remembered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - I like a dark skinned man in red, too. I still have to see if they will fit Darius. I think they will as long as I steam them to loosen them up. Look at you, remembering characters.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...