Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tyler's Room and Finger Puppets

When we last saw Vanessa, she was leaving her husband's workshop, a little miffed that he hadn't made her piano bench yet.  With Alicia fast asleep, she headed to Tyler's room to make sure he was preparing for bed.  Since we all have great imaginations, I need you to imagine there are nice curtains in his room.  I didn't get to that yet.

Tyler is sitting in his sports inspired room, playing one of his many video games.

"Awww, come on.  Stop cutting me off!"  (Tyler)
He's so into the game that he doesn't notice Vanessa standing there.

"Son, it's that time."  (Vanessa)
"I can't stop now, I'm almost beating the high score.  Darn, I crashed."  (Tyler)

"Why do I have to go to bed?  I don't have to go to school tomorrow."  (Tyler)

"Even though you don't have to go to school, it's very important that you still get a good night's sleep.  It's good for your body and your brain."  (Vanessa)
"Well can I play one more game?"  (Tyler)
"Only if I can stay and watch.  (Vanessa)

Vanessa gets comfortable while Tyler starts the game over.  Ordinarily, she would challenge him and play with him, but the second controller is broken and they have yet to replace it.

Tyler leans back against him mom.  He's still at that age where he enjoys when his mom spends time with him in his room, just the two of them.

Just a little about his room.  As you can see, there's basketball, football, and baseball items here.  All three were sports the real Tyler played as he was growing up.  The lockers are from Dora playsets.  the football helmet lamp is from the miniature store.  The video game is from a Justin Bieber playset.  The bed was purchased from a local doll store 11 years ago.

Vanessa's husband Keith, made the little baseball table.

I've asked Nicole to help show the finger puppets I bought from Ikea.

There were 10 in a pack for $5.  I bought them to turn into kid pillows.


Not all of them will be turned into pillows.  The shark will be used as a souvenir from the aquarium.

Nicole is trying out the turtle pillow.

Oops, we missed one.  

26 comments:

  1. Tyler's room is so neat and cordinated, with so much detail added. Great job! And those finger puppets are going to be so adorable when their made into pillows, though they are already pretty adorable by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - Thanks. I couldn't pass those puppets up. I stood there in the store trying to come up with a reason to buy them.

      Delete
  2. Hola Vanessa, que buen montaje del cuarto del nene, me agrado ver que la mami supervisa los videojuegos de su hijo. Por aca no hay Ikea, que suerte tienes de poder comprar buenas cosas para tus historias, hasta pronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lindaivette - Le encanta pasar tiempo con él. Ella sabe muy pronto que no va a querer pasar tanto tiempo con ella. Ikea es una tienda maravillosa y los precios son muy buenos. Hasta pronto.

      Delete
  3. Vanessa must have an iron fist because I cant imagine a boys room being so neat. He room looks like it's waiting to be photographed for architectural digest.

    That's a good price on those puppets. Even though it's naturally just heads, they are still very cute and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff we have not smelled his room though. LOL Maybe a little feet aroma?

      Delete
    2. Muff - The real Tyler was such a neat and clean little kid. Even at 14, his room is clean. At 5, he would go in the bathroom after his 11 yr old sister, and literally cry if she left the bathroom a mess. I used to have to make sure my car was clean before I would pick him up, otherwise, he would be in the back, telling me I needed to clean my car. Hilarious!

      Delete
  4. The boys room is very nice. Nicely themed. You are definitely going to have to give Nicole one of those nice pillows. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - Thanks. You didn't think Nicole was working for free, did you? She was working for pillows. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Well, at least Keith finished some things for his family - like that cute baseball table. The finger puppets will make great cushions(pillows). You're really tempting me to make a trip to Ikea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Keith is a work horse. He tries to slip in projects for their home as often as he can. You have to go to Ikea at least once. Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete
  6. Tyler's room is nice. Reminds me of my grandsons' rooms minus the clutter, bowls of old crusted over food, beverage glasses, and empty Capri Sun packages. Let's not forget the piles of dirty clothes. Vanessa must have a maid service that my daughter said, just today, she needs. But maybe she has taught Tyler to be responsible and clean up after himself before he earns the privilege to play video games. (Advice I gave my daughter.) Yeah, I bet that's what Vanessa has done.

    Great price for the finger puppets.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Tell your daughter the, 'no food in your room rule' might help. As I told Muff, the real Tyler was a really clean little kid. He could not stand when things were messy. He kept me on my toes. His room today, at 14 yrs old, is still very clean. Much cleaner than mine.

      Delete
  7. I love the Tyler's room! There is so many details. It looks like real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalia - Hello! Thanks. Tyler loves it too.

      Delete
  8. The football helmet lamp takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - I can't believe I still have that lamp. I bought that at least 11 yrs ago.

      Delete
  9. Hello from Spain: I like the window in the room but you still have not hung the curtains. It's a nice room. Very appropriate for a teenager. Great job, as always. I look perfect the wall poster basketball players. Very real. I love the baseball table. Great idea with Ikea finger puppets. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. I'm trying to get better at adding windows and doors. I bought a few, and they have just been sitting here, unused. Glad you like the room.

      Delete
  10. I just got the Ikea catalog and thought about you and that furniture set. Your rooms are always so cute so I'm trying to do better, lol. I love the finger puppets those are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brini - I hope you are able to get your hands on one. They are adorable. We love how creative you get with the Dodson family.

      Delete
  11. I love Tyler's room and the finger puppets. Cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie - Hello dear. Thanks. I'm anxiously awaiting your Sept return.

      Delete
  12. Hello Vanessa, I love Taylers room, its very nice.
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww! Sometimes when I am on the computer Christopher will say, "Mom do you want to give me company in my room with your laptop." ;-) I like what you did with the finger puppets. They could serve as stuffed animals too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Awwww, that's so sweet of Christopher. They are so adorable before they get to be teenagers.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...