Friday, August 16, 2013

Brandy's Day Off (Photostory)

As in real life, grocery shopping is a never ending chore in Morristown.  

Lynette enters Jordan's with little Layla.  She just needs to pick up a few things, so she just grabs a shopping basket.

"Will that be all today?"  (Cashier Chad)

"Yes.  Oh, I guess I should have taken the groceries out.  Sorry about that."   (Swiss Poppy)
"No problem."  (Cashier Chad)

Halle has just run into Angelina.  She's asking her about her recent date with Brad.  After all, Halle is the one who introduced them.
"It went really well.  We didn't want it to end, but I made him take me home."  (Angelina)

"Dang.  I left the shopping list on the table."  (Kate)
"We will just wing it."  (Tim)

William has set his eyes on the watermelon.

The cashier packs the bag, as Swiss Poppy puts her wallet back in her purse.

"Mommy can we get one of these?"  (William)
"Ooh, that will be nice for our picnic."  (Kate)


"Well I have to get going.  Diego is going to be wondering where I am."  (Halle)

The two give a quick hug before Halle heads to the cash register, and Angelina continues her shopping.

Tim and Kate are trying to make sure they get everything they need for the cookout they are having at their home this weekend.

"Do we still have peanut butter at home?"  (Kate)  

"Mmmm, I'm not sure.."  (Tim)
"I better get it.  I'm thinking of making a nice thai sauce for the chicken."  (Kate)

"Hi.  How are you?"  (Cashier Chad)
Chad's all too happy to see Halle.  He's not usually working the cash register.  He's filling in for Brandy, who has the day off.  All morning long, gorgeous women have been coming through the line.  That smile keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Speaking of Brandy, she just walked through the door with Diana.


Brnady and Diana speak to Halle as she exits the store.


"Hi Chad. I'd like you to meet my mom, Diana."  (Brandy)
"Hello ma'am.  Are you enjoying your visit to Morristown?"  (Chad)
"I certainly am." (Diana)

Roy, the store manager, approaches Brandy and Diana.
"Hi boss.  I just wanted to bring my mom by to meet you."  (Brandy)

"Can you get some red and green peppers?  I'm thinking about doing a few kabobs on the grill."  (Tim)
"Daaad, I want to get ouuut!"  (William)

"Hey.  You are making too much noise.  Quiet down."  (Tim)

"Hello.  It's such a pleasure to meet you.  You have a wonderful daughter."  (Roy)
"Hello.  Pleasure to meet you, too.  I'm glad to hear my daughter is making such a great impression."  (Diana) 

"So what are you ladies up to today?"  (Roy)
"We're going to do a little shopping, and then we're having dinner at the new Asian restaurant."  (Brandy)

Kate grabs some juice, while Tim takes William out of the cart.  He sees the dog food on the top shelf and remembers his recent business transaction with Monica.  Ever since meeting her, he's thought about getting a dog for William.  

Well that concludes this trip to Jordan's.  There may be a second part.  I had a couple more families all ready to enter the store.  Initially, Diana was just going to be a shopper, but when I picked up my Brandy doll, it clicked that these two should be mother and daughter.  For those of you who don't know, Diana Ross and Brandy played mother and daughter in a 1999 film called Double Platinum.  Below are two videos.  The first one features Brandy and Diana, singing a duet from the movie.  The second video is the entire movie.  Now I am in search of a Billy Dee Williams doll to play Diana's husband.  No one can fill that role like Billy.




44 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I love shopping. I like the store of Morristown. The stroller is very nice. Watermelons are very real. I like cardboard bags. In my country stores are always the plastic bags. lately also we have to pay for the bags. I like Tim. Diana Ross is a famous singer in my country because Julio Iglesias sang with her and he is the most famous Spanish singer. Great job with the store. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks for all the compliments. I'm glad you guys are familiar with Diana Ross. She is such an icon.

      Delete
  2. Jordans is already booming! It was great to see Miss Ross in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - I wish I had the space to make it even larger. It always seems so crowded. lol. Reminds me of shopping at Dekalb Farmer's Market and that is never fun.

      Delete
  3. I like your grocery store set-up. What dolls are Roy and Chad? I especially like Chad. He's cute. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - Thanks! Chad is a High School Musical doll. He comes articulated. I'm drawing a blank on the Roy doll. It will come to me, or someone else will chime in about him.

      Delete
  4. Hello Vanessa, I love the store of Morristown, its very real :)
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana - Thanks! They sure stay busy around here.

      Delete
  5. I love the story and oh my gosh you have the diana ross doll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sarah - Thanks! I just got the Diana Ross doll. She is gorgeous. I haven't even put her on a new body yet, but I will.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure Chad would be smiling with all those beautiful women humming around shopping. I suspect even Roy felt like Chad when he met Diana LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - Chad may never want to give Brandy her cashier job back. I think you are right about Roy, but can you blame him? She's gorgeous.

      Delete
  7. That was a really good idea to pair them as mother and daughter.. looks like a Cinderella moment may be in her future... just guessing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vernette - I love when things just fall into place. They actually favor each other. I like when my families look like they could really be related.

      Delete
  8. Cool. I have to check that movie out. I've never heard of it. Nice that the whole thing is on youtube. You're right, I hope you find a Billy Dee doll. No one else can take his place. I just looked at Lady Sings the Blues recently. He was so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Sometimes I think you are living under a rock. I haven't seen the movie, yet, but I at least heard about it. lol. There are a few Billy Dee Williams dolls out there. Hopefully he will be hitting Morristown in the next month or so.

      Delete
  9. Love this segment! Seeing diana being used is a nice touch and little william looks like he is having fun shopping! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. william - Your little alter ego might need a nap. He's probably just anxious to get out of the store. Kids don't do well with long shopping trips.

      Delete
  10. What a fun post! I enjoyed the singing and of course Oprah. lol I like that Jordan's has all of the right stuff...shopping cart, basket etc. Oh yeah, I will say hi to Kenya because we must be hiding under the same rock. Don't know the movie but will definitely watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - I probably know about the movie from the Oprah show. I saw that episode. Ive been looking to add a few more carts. There were two more outside, but they have a couple with the baby seats attached. I would love one of those.

      Delete
  11. There is a Star Wars Lando Calrissian doll that came out when my 22 year old was a kid. The likeness was pretty good. You'd probably want to put him on a more poseable body though.By the way, I'm one of your followers, but I just copied and pasted your address into my blog page. Does that count on your followers list, or do I need to redo it off your page for it to count for you? I'd like to invite you to check out my blog too. Just getting started. It's Planet of the Dolls.(planetofthedolls.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tam - Hello. Thanks for visiting. I will definitely check out your blog. I think to count as a follower, you might need to click the "Join this site" on my blog. Thanks for the Lando info. That is one of the ones I've had my sites on for the past year. I like that one the best.

      Delete
  12. Don't worry about Jordan's being small. It's fun shopping in your local small grocery store and catching up with other locals. Mind you, the women of Morristown do look pretty spectacular so Chad may indeed want to keep being cashier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - You are right. It's nice have the small town feel in a store sometimes. I don't think I've ever run into anyone I know while at Krogers. lol.

      Delete
  13. Que bonitas escenas, cuanta variedad de juguetes, y que guapas van las chicas al supermercado.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lindaivette - Gracias. Sí, tengo un montón de accesorios para muñecas. Estoy tratando de mostrar más de ellos.

      Delete
  14. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-General-Lando-Calrissian-figure-Falcon-Pilot-ROTJ-TVC-VC47-/261256465309?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cd4194b9d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - Thanks for the link. There's actually a couple different ones that look more like him. Here is a link to the one I will be trying to get.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/aneky/9235010378/

      Delete
  15. i made a new blog but i still put ur name and thanks for adding my and i'm sorry i keep making blog but this one is going to stay i hope . it's called http://funkyfunblog-mysite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funkymissester - I came to visit your new blog. I've added it to my list.

      Delete
  16. Is the Cashier Chad doll from High School Musical? I used to be obsessed with that movie series and the cashier looks exactly like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sisilovessinging - Yes, that is Chad from HSM.

      Delete
  17. Fun photostory! Love it! You paired Brandy and Iana ip very well. I have seen that version of Cinderella. Great movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Lol! You paired Brandy and Diana up very well. Lol!

      Delete
    2. Georgia Girl - That's why I don't rush to figure out who the characters will be when they arrive. This pairing never crossed my mind until I had Brandy and Diana right there together. I've never seen the movie but did know that it existed.

      Delete
  18. Uhm... are you supposed to take the grocery out of the small shopping baskets because I never do. I just put the entire basket on the conveyer and the cashier takes it out and then they stack the baskets beside them. Now, I feel like an a-hole, lol.

    I'm so happy to see Halle and to know that she and Diego are still a couple! They are my second favorite pairing - Rod and Danielle being first, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - LOL! I always take the groceries out because it makes it faster for the cashier. We are able to stack our like baskets right at the beginning of the conveyor belt. But maybe in your neck of the woods, it's just normal to leave it in the basket. Does everyone else leave it in the basket, too?

      We will get to see Halle and Diego soon.

      Delete
  19. Love the grocery store and the story. As I read your last couple of posts, I realized I have the Diana Ross doll and she has been NRFB sitting on a high shelf in my basement. I am going to have to open up that box! I did watch the Double Platinum movie when it first came out on TV. Billy D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - Thanks. How can you forget about Miss Ross? lol. I'm glad to hear you will be playing with her soon. She is one gorgeous doll. Sometimes Mattel gets it right. They did her proud.

      Delete
  20. I remembered the movie, Double Platinum, when Brandy and Diana entered as daughter and mother. Billy Dee will be a perfect father/husband to complete this family and incite more stories featuring them.

    I understand why Chad's smile is growing. He has seen so many lovely ladies in the store.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Finally, someone who has seen the movie. I have it on my list to watch. Chad is in heaven. lol.

      Delete
  21. thank you vanessa and I can't wait till your new post and video comes out I LOVE YOUR THINGS . BYE and on the last comment i meant to say ''Thanks For Adding Me'' .

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is striking! They did a pretty good job with her likeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valsays - I agree. They did a great job with her. She's one of my faves.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...