Saturday, November 30, 2013

Venturing Out the House (Photostory)

Today is the day that Kendra and Cameron are venturing out to do a little visiting.  Kendra sent Nate into work because he was starting to get on her nerves.  She loved having him home to help with the baby, but it was definitely time for him to go back to work.

Both the baby and Kendra are clean and ready to be dressed.  Kendra is enjoying a hot cup of chocolate and watching a little HGTV.  Cameron has fallen back to sleep and she is trying to give him time to wake up on his own.

Kendra sits down on the bed, hoping this may cause the little one to stir a bit.  No luck.

"Now why can't you sleep this soundly at night time?  I guess that would be too easy, huh?"  (Kendra)

Kendra decides to go ahead and get dressed.  She usually likes to dress Cameron first in case there are any baby mishaps.

She throws on her orange sweats.  Not much else fits yet.  She is still carrying a little baby weight.  She sits on the bed and reaches for her tennis shoes.

Before she can get the second shoe on, Cameron starts to whine.

"Shhh.  Mommy's right here."  (Kendra)

"Well hello sleepyhead."  (Kendra)

"P U!  What's that smell?  Cameron how could you?"  (Kendra)

"How can something so small, produce something that smells so bad.  Let's go get you cleaned up."  (Kendra)

Kendra heads to Cameron's nursery.

"Alright little stinkpot.  Why couldn't you have waited until we got to your uncle's house.  We would have made him change your stinky diaper."  (Kendra)

"Are you laughing?  Are you laughing little cutie pie?  You must be picturing your uncle Darius changing a stinky diaper.  Yea, that would be funny."  (Kendra)

Kendra gets him cleaned up and heads back to the bedroom.

There she gets Cameron dressed in one of his baby shower gifts.
"It's a little big, but you will grow into it before you know it."  (Kendra)

Cameron starts whining, and Kendra realizes that it's time for a feeding.
She thinks, at this rate, we are never going to get out of here.  

After fixing Cameron's bottle, Kendra kicks off her shoes and watches a little tv.

"You know we are going to have to figure out how to get out the house in a timely manner."  (Kendra)

"Hmmm.  Maybe we will venture out tomorrow instead."  (Kendra)

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone!  I have been swamped with puppy duty and spending time with the young kids in my life.  I will be back to my regular schedule in a few days, if all goes well.

34 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I love Kendra's room. It is fabulous. I like TV on the shelf from Ikea. I'll will copy that idea. The baby room is very nice. Nice pictures. Very real. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. Kendra's been spending a lot of time in her room lately. She is very ready for a change of scenery.

      Delete
  2. Cute story! I love the sweat suit. Did you add hair to the baby?
    The baby's outfit is cute too. I can never get myself to do stitches that small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Md. Leo - Thanks. I made that sweat suit many, many years ago. No, I didn't add hair to the baby.

      Delete
  3. I remember those days. I would be exhausted by the time we left the house. I also remember when I couldn't wait for my husband to leave. My mom was here for two weeks. I can't remember what day we ventured out but we were waiting for him leave and we didn't want to move around like we were going anywhere. When he finally left we were scrambling to get ready and get out of the house. Christopher didn't like the hustle. He did alright for the car rides but not get in and out. It was super cold. I think our whole outing lasted an hour if that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Did your husband not want you guys to go out? Why? I remember when I visited my best friend right after she gave birth. Going out with her newborn was always an ordeal. We would sit in the car and wait for her to wake up. My bf was slow when she didn't have a baby. She was ultra slow with the baby.

      Delete
  4. I remember those days. That's a cute sweat suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - Hope they were good memories. Thanks. I made that sweat suit many years ago.

      Delete
  5. Going out with a young baby? Sounds more trouble than it's worth! Although it would be cute to see Darius with Cameron. But then again, maybe he would get those ideas in his head and pester Nikki again, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Verona - Kenya is just getting cabin fever. She thought venturing out would be easier than it turned out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Thanksgiving Vanessa! Very cute and realistic story. It took me a while to get a routine when my little one was first born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG Lanc - Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I can only imagine what it's like to incorporate a new human being into your life.

      Delete
  8. Hi Vanessa! That room so so pretty! Kendra is a fabulous mother and adorable baby. I love TV. And the room of very cute baby. a kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. karmen - Thanks! Kendra is enjoying Cameron. She never imagined she could be so happy.

      Delete
  9. Hermosa y real historia, me encantaron los tenis de Barbie son muy originales, bonitas fotos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lindaivette - Gracias. Kendra probablemente se quedará dormido ahora. O tal vez nos sorprenderá y realmente salir de la casa.

      Delete
  10. LOL, the best of intentions fly out the window when there are babies (or puppies) involved. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Speaking of puppies. They have started walking a bit, and a couple of them have found their barks. They have started fighting a little with each other. It's sooooo cute!

      Delete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving Vanessa. Hope you had a good one. Your story brings back so many memories of raising kids and and mainly being sleep deprived. But I'd go back to those days in a heartbeat. Your puppies are are so precious. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie - Happy Thanksgiving! I have been an insomniac since the age of 25. I wonder if that would have remained the same if I had had kids. I always felt like it would be nice to have something to do while I was up. This is my first time with puppies. I would keep them all if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a cute story and a little taste of what my life will (probably) be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V. - Thanks. Ooohhh, I'm so excited for you. By then Kendra will be a pro, so you can feel free to consult her with any baby questions.

      Delete
  14. Babies (and puppies) work on their own schedules and Kendra (or you) just have to fit in. Hopefully she'll get out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - I'm much better off than Kendra. Those puppies have a momma who feed and clean them. All I have to do is provide food and water. I can even leave them at home all alone. lol.

      Delete
  15. LOL! The trials & tribulations of being a new mother. I'm so in love with the nursery. You did a beautiful job. Hopefully, Kendra's next plan to venture out will be more successful. Definitely don't miss those days of trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya - Thanks. I'm glad you like the nursery. Who knows, Kenya may still get out after a little nap. lol.

      Delete
  16. Awwwww! My favorite face sculpt--Goddess. I love her!

    The baby is so sweet and cute. But I'm sorry, I had to laugh at how huge the bottle is in comparison to the baby. LOLLL! I know you couldn't help it.

    Keep it up. Your series is just too precious! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - I have smaller bottles, but I used the larger one so it could be seen better. It is a wee bit big for Cameron. lol.

      Delete
  17. BTW, Vanessa, have you checked out the new face mold for the AA Barbies (Sorry I am a big "face sculpt" freak! LOL)? The "Pazette" sculpt? She is used for the AA Holiday Barbie 2013. I have her already and she is beautiful. She reminds me a little bit of Cassie Ventura. I wonder if you plan to buy her or not.

    The face sculpt was first used for the Pazette doll:

    http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8320/7990966645_2acce91a85.jpg

    The Holiday one:
    http://mybarbiedoll.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/pazette.jpg?w=600&h=236

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - Yes, I am familiar with the Pazette sculpt. It is beautiful. If I run across a sale, I just can't resist, I will add her. Otherwise, I just have way too many dolls here already. So I'm being very selective over what comes into Morristown.

      Delete
  18. This kind of stuff was always a little dream for me. I have all the stuff to make my fashion doll house but never a moment to put it all together. Coming here is fun and enjoy reading the stories. Your awesome to share them. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia - Thanks for visiting my blog. Maybe one day soon, you will find the time to realize your own dream of making your fashion doll house.

      Delete
  19. This photostory is so cute, I love Kendra and her baby. The baby room is fantastic, it has a lot of details!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana - Thanks! Kendra is really enjoying her new role as mommy.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...