Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Next Morning (Photostory)

Last time we saw Rod and Danielle, she was knocked out (sleep), and he was crawling into bed missing his cuddling time.  You can see that story here.  

It's the next morning and the two of them are stirring out of their sleep.
"You awake?"  (Rod)
"Hmm mmm."  (Danielle)
Rod turns over to face his wife.

"What happened last night?"  (Danielle)
"You fell asleep reading to the boys."  (Rod)
"I must have been tired.  I don't remember waking up at all."  (Danielle)

"I know.  I missed our cuddling time."  (Rod)
"Oh honey, I'm sorry.  I was trying to stay awake."  (Danielle)
"You know I've been thinking.  Maybe we need to think about getting some help around here."  (Rod)

Danielle leans up on her forearm.
"Help?  What kind of help?"  (Danielle)
"Maybe someone to help around the house so you aren't stretched so thin."  (Rod)
Danielle just stares at him for a minute with a hurt look on her face.
"Come on babe.  You have been working very hard trying to get the house together, running around with the boys, and working, all while being pregnant."  (Rod)
Now she's ticked.  She sits up.

Deep down she knows he's only trying to be helpful.  Maybe it's the hormones, but what she heard was, "you aren't doing a good job."  Rod can tell he's hit a sensitive subject.  He rubs her back for a bit, then sits up.

"Hey.  I'm not saying you aren't doing a wonderful job at it all.  I'm just concerned about you and the well being of the baby."  (Rod)
"I know, but I'm just not comfortable having some woman coming into my house and being around my family.  You always hear stories about husbands cheating with their housekeepers.  Look at Arnold and Maria."  (Danielle)
"Arnold and Maria?"  (Rod)

"Schwarzenagger."  (Danielle)
"Oh.  So we won't get a housekeeper.  But you need to dial it back a bit and not try to do everything that you were doing when you weren't pregnant."  (Rod)
"So this probably isn't a good time to tell you that I'm planning a Sunday family dinner?"  (Danielle)
Rod lets out a deep sigh. 
"I got this.  I keep telling you I'm pregnant, not disabled."  (Danielle)

All of a sudden Rod starts pushing her back on the bed.
"What are you doing?"  (Danielle)
"I'm listening to my pregnant, but not disabled wife, who 'has this'.  I believe you owe me some cuddling time from last night.  Let's go."  (Rod)

"I walked right into that, didn't I?"  (Danielle)
"I tried being the concerned, caring husband.  Now I'm going to be the selfish one."  (Rod)

Danielle wasn't feeling particularly amorous, but it was always a turn on when her husband was a little assertive.  Not to mention, she would NOT have him telling her she wasn't performing at 100.


Brenova, Rod was careful not to mention the help idea came from you.  He didn't want her mad at you.

Did you see the post from earlier today?  Bratz Fashion Show Part 2

22 comments:

  1. Honey, at first I almost put my hand through my iPad to shake some senses into Danielle! After I calmed down and thought about it, I said I wouldn't trust another person in my home either. Tell Danielle Mother is sorry. Then tell Rod maybe he can "help out" a bit more (even though he's a dream husband). Oh well, those are the breaks of the childbearing years. BTW, I loved the Bratz review. I never thought to purchase them for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenova - Lol! Glad you were able to calm down. Who knows Danielle may have a change of heart once the baby comes. My real husband and I had this same discussion many years ago, and I too, didn't want someone else in the house. Now I would love to have someone come in and clean.

      Delete
    2. Honey, I'd lay down a red carpet for her today!! Heck, she could clean the bathroom with me in it!!!

      Delete
  2. If I was Danielle I would have grabbed at the suggestion! Maybe an elderly lady, she doesn't necessarily need to hire a French Housemaid, does she? LOL
    Great story Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. billa's dolls - How elderly? Are we talking in her 50s? With all the steps in this house, the lady couldn't be 'elderly'.

      Delete
  3. This is a great story, Vanessa! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa, as far as Blogger's changes to, you can find this information on your dashboard when you are on the "overview" page of your blog where you can see the activity on your blog. Just beneath that Blogger shares news of changes, if any. Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda - Thanks for the Blogger info. I will take a look and hope for the best.

      Delete
  5. With two little boys to take care of aside from keeping the house, it is never easy for Danielle. My mother gave up her passions to take care of us and I think it's never fair for her.

    I hope Danielle can come up with solutions soon so she won't tear herself down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shasaha - With a much bigger house comes more responsibilities. She thinks Rod is overreacting. She doesn't feel like she has missed a step, except for his cuddling. For her to whip that house into shape in such a short time, is nothing short of a miracle. She deserves to be tired. Luckily her mother is just across the way and will be very helpful once the baby comes.

      Delete
    2. That is so relieving to hear mum comes by to help! =)

      Delete
  6. LOL, like Billa said, she doesn't have to get some teenybopper to help out. A nice old lady who likes to bake pies and hang out with kids sounds like the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Arnold's maid wasn't a teenybopper. She looks like she is Maria's age. Nice old ladies are not going to want to clean a 4 story house that doesn't have an elevator. She doesn't need anyone to bake and hangout with the kids. That's Grandma Roberta's job. I think it's her pride, though. She has always been the doll who wanted to do it all. Remember when she was a single mother, and she was in charge of all the functions, like the Daddy/Daughter dance, etc? That is just her thing. She's a work-a-holic with a healthy ego. (I wonder where she gets that from?)

      Delete
  7. I am with Danielle. No strange women in the house. It was nice of Rod to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janainah - I feel you. When I had a husband in the house, I felt the same way.

      Delete
  8. I get where Danielle is coming from, but I agree with Billa- she doesn't have to hire a model in a French maid's uniform. I would hire a housekeeper who looked like Mrs. Doubtfire and call it done- LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewell - She really wouldn't have to worry about that with Rod, but I think she is just very territorial over "her" space.

      Delete
  9. As a person who thinks she can do it all, I know it is hard to admit you need help and harder to ask for it. Sometimes others have to point it out to you. Another great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - You are not alone. There are many of us walking around with a beat up "S" on our shirts. As she gets further into this pregnancy, she may change her mind.

      Delete
  10. LOL!!!! Let Danielle get a Manny. That’ll be different for Morristown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Lol! I'm sure that would never go over well at your house. Christopher would be the first to have something to say about you and your manny. But I do like that idea! Maybe not for Danielle, though.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...