Sunday, November 29, 2015

"What's Wrong, Honey?" (Photostory)

Rod and Nicole enter the house through the garage.  Nicole is all giddy.  She's excited to see the new house.

"Hand me your coat, so I can hang it up."  (Rod)
"Where is everyone?"  (Nicole)
"I'm sure they're upstairs."  (Rod)
Danielle puts her backpack down and takes off her coat.  She then spots the gingerbread house.

"Wow, look at the gingerbread house!"  (Nicole)
"Yeah, that's nice.  Grab your backpack and let's go upstairs."  (Rod, nonchalantly)

They head to the living room.  Nicole is taking it all in as she follows her dad.

"Hello Mom.  How you doing?"  (Rod to his mother-in-law)

"I'm doing well.  I love what you've done to the house."  (Roberta)
"Thanks."  (Rod)
"Honey, can you put Jacob in his bed?"  (Danielle)
"Yeah.  Where should I put Nicole's bag?" (Rod)
"She's going to have to sleep in the boy's room until she and I can get her room together."  (Danielle)

"Hello pretty lady.  Come give me a hug."  (Roberta)
"Hi grandma Roberta."  (Nicole)

Rod grabs Jacob.  Danielle can tell something isn't right.
"Are you feeling okay?"  (Danielle)

"I've been better, but I'll be okay."  (Rod)

"I swear you get taller every time I see you."  (Roberta)
"You just saw me at the picnic."  (Nicole)

Danielle watches as Rod leaves the room.  Something is definitely wrong.

"Nicole how about we go find Julian?  He's going to be excited to see you."  (Danielle)
"Where is he?"  (Nicole)
"He's either in the playroom or his bedroom."  (Danielle)
"Wow, he has a playroom?"  (Nicole)

Julian is quietly playing with the Lincoln Logs, and barely notices when Danielle and Nicole enter the room.

"Look who's here, Julian."  (Danielle)

"Nicole!  I didn't know you were coming today.  Want to help me build a house?"  (Julian)
"Sure."  (Nicole)
Danielle leaves them to go find Rod.

She finds him in their bedroom sitting on the side of the bed.

"I know you said you were okay, but you don't look okay."  (Danielle)
"I'll be fine.  I just needed a minute."  (Rod)
Danielle climbs on the bed to get closer to him.

She starts rubbing his shoulders hoping this will bring him some comfort.

He takes her hand in his and kisses her palm.

"Are you sure you won't tell me what's bothering you?  Talking it out may make you feel better."  (Danielle)
"I appreciate the offer, but I just need some time alone.  We'll talk about it later."  (Rod)
Danielle kisses him on the forehead and heads back downstairs.  She hates when he shuts down, but after three years of marriage, she knows that giving him his space is the best thing to do.

Remember the room with the fireplace?  I covered it with map paper thinking it would make a nice backdrop for a library.  Danielle still wanted to have a fireplace, so she and I came up with the following plan.

Divide the room into three equal sections and install a wet bar, fireplace, and a library.  Having a wet bar on this level will be perfect since the kitchen is on the lower level.  I'm hoping o get to this project soon, but it may be a couple of weeks.

32 comments:

  1. The map paper looks perfect there with the fireplace. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Thanks. I had something else in mind at first, but once I saw the map paper, it looked perfect for a library.

      Delete
  2. Too bad Rod has let Melanie put him in a such a funk. I'm sure he will be okay soon and willing to discuss the situation with Danielle. I hope it doesn't anger her.

    The decorating is coming along great. The play room looks like a kids delight. I also like the choice of map paper.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - The threat of going to court and fighting to spend time with your child, can really mess up a person's day.

      That playroom is a parent's delight, too. It's going to give her the time she needs to get things done, while the boys are playing their little hearts out.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the room once it's been sectioned off. Glad Danielle gave him space he'll talk when ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG Lanc - I've already started drawing the construction plans for the room. If I weren't going out of town this weekend, I would probably have it done in a couple of days.

      Delete
  4. The map looks on the wall. It looks like a colorful wallpaper at first, but then it becomes clear that it's a map. This house is totally changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janainah - Thanks. I love how abstract it looks. I really wasn't planning on changing this house this much, but after getting the bedroom done, I was hooked.

      Delete
  5. That place is looking swanky and yet comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Thanks. I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled we all are for the Taylors to have a new home. It was long overdue.

      Delete
  6. I love the map wallpaper. Recreatng this house looks like so much fun. I am truly living vicariously through you. Lol! It is coming together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. The possibilities are endless. None of the changes are permanent. So I can revert back to the original house if I ever need to.

      Delete
  7. Hello from Spain: the sweater Roberta is wearing is lovely. I love the wallpaper with the design of the map.Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Roberta loves her new sweater, too. I haven't told her she will be sharing it with the rest of the ladies.

      Delete
  8. Poor Rod. It's a good thing that he doesn't misplace his anger and frustration. It's also good that Danielle knows her husband. I can't wait for the rest of the story and home designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenova - Yes displaced anger is very common. Rod just retreats like a lot of men.

      Delete
  9. The new room is looking better and better.I like the walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doll stuff - Thanks! The house is coming along quicker than I thought. I'm anxious to finish, so I can move on to Melanie's house.

      Delete
  10. I am loving this home more and more! The playroom is perfect and I love the map wallpaper. Can't wait to see the library now. Poor Rod. It is so tough to have to share custody when your ex uses your child as a wedge against you. If only Melanie could see that she is really only hurting Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - This house has a lot of potential. Removing the elevator was key. The psychiatrist has explained to Melanie that Nicole is the one who suffers. Melanie reacts first before she thinks.

      Delete
  11. why does melanie always have to get in the way how about she gets a man and get over this crap i feel so sad for danielle she was so exitced to see her husband and then bam! he shuts her down i love u vanessa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby - Love you, too, Ruby. Relationships can be so complicated at times. Dealing with so many different personalities and personal agendas. Rod will bounce back.

      Delete
  12. I love this room. It'll made a perfect library with the fireplace and wet bar. I hope Rod will be able to tell Danielle what's bothering him. Get it out and over with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - That middle room was a challenge. I wasn't sure what to do with it. I was going to stick a small Christmas tree there for the holidays.

      Delete
  13. Wow.They've been married for three years.I see Rod had to fix his shirt a bit.Roberta's outfit's cute.Though she's not wearing her boots in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val - Yes, time sure flies. Roberta's boots were left in the kitchen. She didn't want to wear them in the house.

      Delete
  14. I miss the days when I just started reading this blog (started from the beginning) and had stories to look forward to, but now the wait for your next post is almost unbearable....I practically check your blog multiple times a day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christian Lady - Welcome again. I love hearing from the avid fans. Sorry the stories aren't as frequent as before. I will get a new story up, but it will be mid week. I've been out of town, and I'm playing catch up.

      Delete
  15. Hi Vanessa, I've been away just a couple of weeks and your dolls have been so busy!
    First of all: this story is wonderful, the characters are so deep and well developed, and true to life. You're an excellent writer!
    And the house is simply amazing, I checking and double checking each picture for the small details, everithing is so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. billa's dolls - Welcome back! I was just away this past weekend and now I'm trying to play catch up. Thanks for your wonderful comments. A lot left to do on the house, but it's coming along.

      Delete
  16. First, l love the story enough to write a comment from my crazy tablet that wants to make a lot words start with a capital letter. I had to stop, delete and retype severasl times... but hey. Sometimes you got to leave a man alone for a little bit.


    I too went back over and looked at each picture for details. The house a lot of earth tones which I think work well for the couple. It feels like them.

    OK, is this one of the dollhouse or a house that you made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - I appreciate you fighting with your tablet to leave a comment. Danielle is one of the smartest women in town when it comes to family matters.

      This is the Country Estate Kidkraft house that I altered more than I expected to. But all the wallpaper is just double taped to the walls for easy removal when necessary. I won't be making any permanent changes to these houses.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...