Monday, February 18, 2013

Welcome to It's A Small World (Photostory)

A line has now formed to get into It's A Small World, at DisneyWorld.  All the kids are anxious to get in.  Various Disney characters are working the door and the rides.

Kira's husband has now joined her, and they are first in line.  Danielle has decided to leave the stroller outside the gate.

"Welcome, welcome, welcome.  Come on in!"  (The Fairy Godmother)

The families file through the gate, eager to get to the ride of their choice.

The first couple heads to the Merry-Go-Round, where Mary Poppins is there to greet them and show them what to do.

The pastor's daughter, Carla, is having trouble deciding what ride to go on first.  On the other hand, the pastor's son, Corey, has made his way over to the Spidey ride.

"Mommy, mommy!  It's Spider-Man!"  (Corey)

Indeed it is! How nice of him to come help out in the park.

Rod, Danielle, and the kids are also trying to decide which rides to start with.

"Mommy, Daddy, look over there!  It's Spider-Man.  I want to ride that one!"  (Julian)

"Wow, that is Spider-Man.  Little Corey is riding it at the moment.  How about we ride the one next to it, first?"  (Danielle)

"Little fella, do you need some help getting on?"  (Spider-Man)
"I think I can do it."  (Corey)
Carla heads over to the twirling ride.

"Do you think they will let me get on with Jacob?"  (Danielle)
"I'm sure they have moms and dads getting on these rides all the time."  (Rod)

The Taylors make their way to the Snow White Swirl.  They are greeted by Snow White herself.  

"Welcome to the Snow White Swirl.  Please make sure you stay seated and keep your hands inside.  Have fun!

"Are you okay, Julian?"  (Nicole)

"I'm okay.  Is it a scary ride?"  (Julian)
"No. I don't think so."  (Nicole)

Rod looks on.

He and Danielle exchange glances.

"Did you like that son?"  (Pastor)
"Yes.  Let's go to the motorcycles, now."  (Corey)
"Ok.  Say thank you to Spider-Man."  (Pastor)

"Thanks, Spider-Man!"  (Corey)

Meanwhile, the Swirl has started.  I'm not sure what that look on Danielle's face is.  She can't possibly be scared.  It's a kid's ride.

"Hi, mama-D!"  (Nicole)
Danielle and Nicole exchange hellos, as the ride begins to pick up a little speed and the chairs start to rotate a little more.

"Hi Dad!"  (Nicole)

Rod waves and smiles as Nicole passes.

"Hi, Dad."  (Julian)

Again, Rod waves and says hello.

The other areas of the park are buzzing.  Mary Poppins is also in charge of the Tea Cup ride.  

The girls are really enjoying themselves.

Corey and Kira's daughter have made their way to The Buzz.  

"Honey, are you okay?  You look a little flustered."  (Rod)

"I'm okay.  That was a lot of twirling.  I don't know if my stomach was really ready for that."  (Danielle)

While mom recovers, Julian has set out on a mission of his own.

"Have you seen Batman?"  (Julian)

"I'm sorry kid, Batman doesn't live here."  (Spider-Man)

Danielle's ears are peaked as she overhears the conversation between Julian and Spider-Man.


"What?  Batman doesn't live here?"  (Danielle)
Uh, oh.  How will Julian react to this news?

And so the story goes, Batman is not part of Disney.  Who knew?  Certainly not me or Danielle.  I just hope Julian won't be devastated about this.  All in all, everyone seemed to have a great time at It's A Small World.

EPILOGUE
1. Kira's husband is Flynn Ryder from Disney.  
2. I found the Spider-Man and the spider ride at the thrift store a couple weeks ago. 
3. Fencing can be found at Big Lots.
4. The Buzz Lightyear piece in the middle of the the motorcycle ride, is a drink cup from the Disney store.  It  just happened to be on clearance.
5. I made the Swirl ride using cups from the dollar store.
6. There will be a video soon.

40 comments:

  1. Ok, so why am I exhausted? LOL It all looked like a lot of fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - Thanks. LOL! I was exhausted, too. Amusement parks can be tiring. They may be in need of a nap soon.

      Delete
  2. How cute! All the little rides seem so Disney like! Hopefully Julian will be so distracted by all the other great parts of Disney, the he won't be upset about Batman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - Thanks. Let's hope Julian is able to overcome the fact that Batman is not there.

      Delete
  3. What? Batman doesn't live at Disney?? I didn't know that. Poor Julian! They sure have changed It's a Small World since I was there. Used to be just a boat ride around global displays. I loved that ride! It was nice and cool in the summer! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - No, Batman is not part of the Disney family. I thought he was, but he is not part of Marvel, which is what Disney purchased. This, It's A Small World, was not fashioned after the Disney version. It just happened to be the right name for my little park.

      Delete
  4. Outstanding how you have managed to evoke the flavor the the real Disneyworld in 1:6 scale! You're getting good use out of your Disney characters, even the Fairy Godmother who doesn't have legs. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Thanks! It feels good to work on a project I've been wanting to do for over a year now. I think the taller Fairy Godmother has legs. This one without legs stands really well by herself. After this story, I may see if I can put her head on a real body.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hello from Spain: I have no words. Awesome playground. You're a great creator of stories. The pictures are very expressive. I adore so much fun. . Keep in touch

      Delete
    2. Duke of Swann - Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Hello from Spain: I have no words. Awesome playground. You're a great creator of stories. The pictures are very expressive. I adore so much fun. . Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks! Your comment did show up. I'm glad you enjoyed my version of a DisneyWorld park.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful story...I really like your use of the toys, and other material to create rides, etc. Very creative Vanessa!

    Purrs,
    Miss Kitty & Mummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta - Thanks! I have to get creative, especially when my dolly budget is depleted.

      Delete
  8. Wow, great job! The only thing missing is the hundreds of strollers in front of every Disney ride. : P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pattidolls - LOL! The strollers did start piling up as more people arrived.

      Delete
  9. What cute rides and what fun everyone was having. Looks like Danielle didn't know about Batman either. Lets hope Julian is so enjoying everything that Batman doesn't matter too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Last I checked, they were still having a good time. No, Danielle is as surprised as Julian.

      Delete
  10. You have really outdone yourself on this one...wow!! Your creations of realistic scenes are totally awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks! I am experiencing all the fatigue and the joy, doing these scenes, as though I was actually there.

      Delete
  11. I hope spider man can handle Julian he may have a fight on his hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - Yes, I don't think Spider-Man knows what he's up against with that Julian. "He may be able to fly all through the night, but" can he deal with a 5 yr old who was expecting to see Batman. (Can you hear Rapper's Delight in the background?)

      Delete
  12. Wow, it looks great! you made a really good job with it! So creative!
    I didn't know Spiderman belongs to Disney now! Just checked that Disney have bought Marvel, I was really surprised (not in positive way though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jewel snake - Thanks! Yes, Spidey is part of Disney. Are you a big comic person?

      Delete
  13. So wonderful post, I just loved it!!! All the rides were great, and the idea of using the Disney characters as welcomers was perfect! Poor Julian, he will be so disappointed with the bad news about Batman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Thanks! The rides may look better when I do the video. I had to get those Disney characters in there somehow. I still have a few more that need to make an appearance.

      Delete
  14. Them sitting in actual tea cups for the tea cup ride is tickling me like crazy - it's too freakin' adorable!

    I didn't know Spidey was at Disney now. Last time I did the Spiderman ride it was at Universal's Islands of Adventure. Maybe Julian will find Batman over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Yes, Disney bought Marvel in Aug 2009 which includes Spiderman, The Hulk, The Avengers, X-Men, Thor, The Fantastic Four, and others. Batman is part of DC Comics.

      Uh, Julian will not be seeing Universal's Islands of Adventure. These kids have to get back to school. Danielle may have to buy him some Batman stuff when he gets home.

      Delete
  15. I enjoyed this story, so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - Thanks! I made sure there were no Winxs characters floating about. LOL!

      Delete
  16. Love spider man's moves. He's very well articulated. Are you laughing :-D Julian asking if it was scary is SO Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Yes, I'm laughing! I think Julian channels Christopher from time to time.

      Delete
  17. Awesome rides. I love "It's a small world".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Male Doll World - Thanks! These kids and their parents have worn me out.

      Delete
  18. Hi Vanessa, can you do a post on Flynn riders high compared to a Barbie Fashionista? Because I'm considering getting one, and I was curious about the hight comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey - Flynn is the same size as Ken and the doll he is standing next to is the same height as a Barbie fashionista. It's a little hard to see in this post, but he is the perfect height for a fashionista doll. If I get a chance, I will throw in a comparison in with another post.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I will be looking forward to that post.:)

      Delete
  19. WOW!! Lot of fun!! Your Disneyworld is very realist!! You have greats ideas!! I love the cups!!Congratulations for your magnific work!
    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...