Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Taylors Enjoy Ice Cream at the Park (Photostory)

My new workspace has me creating all sorts of goodies.  I thought I'd make a few ice cream cones for the Etsy store.  After all, what doll doesn't enjoy a good cone, every now and then.  

All three come together as a set.  The flavors are strawberry, chocolate chip, and chocolate/vanilla marble.

They are served on a sugar cone.  Yes, they are slightly different sizes, because they are individually handcrafted without the use of molds.  I think this adds to the realism.  Don't you get mad when you go out to get ice cream and you end up with the smallest scoop? 

After lunch the Taylors went on a few more rides.  Jacob got in a good nap and is now well rested.  On the other hand, Julian is pooped.  Those little legs couldn't take any more walking, so Danielle suggested he get in the stroller.  She thought he would protest, but he must have really been tired because he climbed right in.

"Hellooo.  Can I interest you in some ice cream?"  (Ursula)
Hmmm?  Ursula is serving ice cream?  Maybe she is trying to improve upon her villainous image.

As soon as Julian hears the words ice cream, he tries to climb out of the stroller.

"Mom, I'm stuck.  Can you help me?"   (Julian)

"Yes, but let's go over to the bench first."  (Danielle)

Danielle and Jacob wait on the bench, while Rod and the kids get the ice cream.

"Where do you think you're going, little man?"  (Danielle)

Ice cream is ordered and Rod proceeds to pay for it.

Mickey Mouse ice cream cupcakes for Nicole and Julian.

And regular cones for Rod and Danielle.

"Take a lick, Jacob."  (Danielle)

"Watch it, honey.  Looks like it's about to fall."  (Rod)

"Want some, mommy?"  (Julian)
"No, thank you.  You need to start eating it before the ice cream melts."  (Danielle)

"Wait a minute, Jacob.  Let mommy have some."  (Danielle)

The Taylors are going to sleep well after this trip.  Definitely one for the memory books.

30 comments:

  1. The icecream and cones look good!

    Why have I been eating or prompted to eat today when I read your posts?

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Thanks! Must be all the food posts I've been doing. Sorry about that. LOL. I'll try to work on some new furniture pieces.

      Delete
  2. Girl you did a good job, those look ready to make a mess with! Love how Jacob is reaching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Thanks. FYI...this is how I keep my diet in check. I make all the fattening foods for the dolls and I eat the healthy stuff.

      Delete
  3. Love the cones! They look so real! The story is awesome too...the baby, you can tell, loves ice cream! Thanks for the share!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta - Thanks. No don't go looking for any ice cream tonight! Yes, Jacob was wanting his own little cone. What a mess that would have been.

      Delete
  4. The ice cream looks really delicious! I love love the cute little Mickey mouse ice cream whatchamacallits. Lol! Those are too precious. I hate for the Disney trip to come to an end...this was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks! Those Mickey Mouse items are from the Rement Retro Kitchen. Don't worry, there are other exciting things planned for Morristown.

      Delete
  5. I love the ice cream! Are the cupcakes for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sisilovessinging - Thanks. The cupcakes are Rement from the Retro Kitchen set. Check ebay. You may be able to find them there.

      Delete
  6. I love those Mickey Mouse ice cream cupcakes! Does one have to be under ten to get one? LOL They look so yummy! Glad everyone had a great time at Disney World. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - LOL! No, you don't have to be under 10. The Mickey Mouse cupcakes take great at any age.

      Delete
  7. Those icecreams look good enough to be real - and yummy, perfect for the hot weather we have been having. I love your last picture with Jacob reaching for the icecream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - You have hot weather! Awesome. I made ice cream to help bring the warmer weather here a little quicker. Jacob was not wanting to let the cone go.

      Delete
  8. The ice cream looks sooo good! If I would have seen this post earlier, I would've made a Baskin Robbin's run. :)

    Love the park mini-series, they really have covered quite a bit of Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Thanks! There's always tomorrow. Make the Baskin Robbin's run, girl. Have a scoop for me, too.

      Delete
  9. Hi Vanessa, You have two awards in my blog. Not an Oscar, haha! but I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farbield - I'm headed over to your blog to check it out.

      Glad you liked my ice cream! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. These cream are very good looking! Than real! You have done an excellent job! The photos are great as always! And I've loved these muffins with legs haha! very cute!! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this little story. Julian in Jacob's stroller is so cute ! Before reading the text I was wondering "Why Julian is in the stroller ? He's old enough to walk..." Your ice cream are wonderful, they look very realistic, you're so good with fimo. I hope that you will show us some photos of your new workspace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claude - Thanks! If you've ever been to a Disney park, you know they can get extremely tiring. Glad you like the ice cream. I made some earlier last year and never posted it. So I had to make some new ones.

      Delete
  12. Hello from Spain, i like your last picture. Very real with children. I like you ice cream. Nice Story. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks! Jacob wanted his own little cone. Danielle did give him some more. He was very happy.

      Delete
  13. And now I want some ice cream, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - ROFL! I have a feeling you are over there looking for something sweet to eat.

      Delete
  14. I loved this story... Disney and ice-cream, what a perfect combination!! Here is still cold and wet, but looking at your creations I almost tasted sunny days. Wonderful job, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Thanks! It's pretty cold here today and we had a dusting of snow last night. It does help to look at warm pictures to get us through.

      Delete
  15. Oh, does Ursula have real legs or normal legs too? I love the ice cream. I'm sure Rod and Danielle wish they could get into a stroller too! I know my feet were tired when I was there. Do you think you will be able to use Ursula again for something? Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - Ursula doesn't have any legs. Her limbs are strong enough that she can stand on her own. I'm sure I'll find something to do with Ursula.

      Delete
  16. Oh, does Ursula have real legs or normal legs too? I love the ice cream. I'm sure Rod and Danielle wish they could get into a stroller too! I know my feet were tired when I was there. Do you think you will be able to use Ursula again for something? Great post.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...