Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Dasia'a Family Camping Trip (Photostory)

Dasia, and husband Harold, are spending the weekend camping with their daughter Carmelia, her husband, Emmitt and two of their three kids.  They arrived at the campground early that morning, set up the tent, and started the fire.

The family sits around the fire relaxing a bit.
  
"Look at my wife.  Out here roughing it in the wilderness."  (Emmitt)

"Why did you say it like that?"  (Carmelia)
"Oh come on, honey, you know you would much rather be in a nice hotel, ordering room service."  (Emmitt)

"Stop harassing my daughter.  Any aversion she has to roughing it probably came from me."  (Dasia)
"I actually love it out here.  The fresh air.  The peace and quiet.  What is there not to love?"  (Carmelia)

"We'll see if you are singing that same tune, tonight when it's nice and dark."  (Emmitt)
"That's what you are here for.  To protect us from the creatures."  (Carmelia)

"Speaking of creatures, where is Carmen? She is supposed to be on this family trip."  (Harold)
"Well, your granddaughter decided camping was not the cool thing to do and she didn't want to risk her friends making fun of her."  (Carmelia)

"And you let her get away with that nonsense?  The only way her friends would have known is if she would have told them."  (Harold)
"That's exactly what I said."  (Emmitt)
"Look this is my vacation, too, and the last thing I want to deal with is a grouchy teenager who doesn't want to be here.  I need some peace and quiet this weekend."  (Carmelia)
Just then Carmelia looks around to locate her five-year-old son, Corey.

She sees him off in the distance.
"Corey...turn around and come back this way."  (Carmelia)

Corey keeps going.
"Would anyone care for a breakfast muffin?  They should be done now."  (Dasia)

"Ohhh, Grandma, can I help?"  (Carla)
"Sure.  Meet me at the oven."  (Dasia)

"Now my son isn't even listening to me.  I'm losing my touch."  (Carmelia)

"He's fine, honey. Let him explore a little bit."  (Emmitt)
"It's not like he's in a familiar place.  We are in the woods.  Not to mention, I need him to listen to me and do what I ask him to do."  (Carmelia) 

"Well, they smell good."  (Dasia)
"They smell great. I can't wait to taste it."  (Carla)

"They could use a little more color on top, but we're going to go with these."  (Dasia)

Carmelia has gone to retrieve Corey.
"Did you hear me calling you?"  (Carmelia)
"Yes, but I had to make it to the finish line."  (Corey)
"So you ignored me?  You can not do what you want when you want. There are always consequences to being disobedient."  (Carmelia)
Carmelia continues with her lecture while Corey stands and listens.  

Afterward, Carmelia gives him a hug.  She tries to end all her lectures and disciplining sessions with a hug.  The two of them return to the campsite.

About 15 mins later, a jeep pulls up to the campsite.

It's Tris. 

She gets out of the vehicle and approaches the family.


"Hello, everyone.  My name is Tris.  I believe you ordered a safari tour for later today.  I'm just here to confirm the time and answer any questions you may have."  (Tris)

"What time should we be ready?"  (Carmelia)
 "I will be back at 1 pm to pick you up."  (Tris)
"Do we have anything to worry about with regards to safety?"  (Carmelia)
"As long as you stay in the vehicle at all times, you will be just fine."  (Tris)

"Any more questions?"  (Tris)

"What kind of animals will we see?"  (Carla)

"There are a lot of different animals out there.  We are never sure how many of them will show up, so we like to keep it a surprise."  (Tris)

With all the questions answered, Tris says goodbye and leaves.  Harold and Dasia decide to take a little walk, while Carmelia and the kids retire to the tent to relax.

Taking a closer look at the safari jeep....
It is a four seater, with plenty of room inside.  There is another seat on the front of the vehicle.  I guess that is where the guide sits.  The top is completely removable.

The doors, the hood, and the back door all open.  The top has vinyl windows that can be rolled down when the weather is bad,

...or rolled up when the weather is good.  The front windshield can be let down.  This is also one of my friend's vehicles.  It is not a New Bright car, like the others.  It is also not as large as the New Bright cars.

34 comments:

  1. Cute story! The weather looks really nice in Georgia! We got some more snow (again). I love the new vehicle. Perfect for a safari!Good to see Tris in a story too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - Thanks. Yes I was walking around in shorts today. I was so happy to finally get Tris in a story. She has a daughter, and I was going to show them at the bakery, but there were too many people visiting the bakery at the time. She has on her original outfit, which I was happy to see fit the MTM bodies. She is one of the outdoorsy residents. She also works with the girl scout troop.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I love this story. The photos are great and the vehicle looks very cool. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonrisa - Thanks. I was really happy to see that vehicle. A safari will give me a chance to show a few of the animals lurking around here.

      Delete
  3. I don't mind camping except for the bathroom. Public bathrooms at the campground are always full of spiders and their webs. Yuck!

    I wonder what animals we will see....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb - I have never been camping, but for the past few years, it's something I've wanted to do. I will say that whenever I visited my grandmother's house we had to use the outhouse. Not fun. They just never got around to doing indoor plumbing.

      Delete
  4. I love the jeep! I'm waiting on the next part of this story! Very excited ☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-Lise - The jeep showed up just in time. I was going to try to do the next part of the story within the next 2 days, but we just had a big rain storm. So hopefully by the weekend I can do another outdoor story.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. AG Lanc - Thanks for identifying it. Bratz had/have some of the best vehicles.

      Delete
  6. Now that's a cool ride! Was it remote controlled too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - I've been told it's a Bratz ride. This one is not remote controlled.

      Delete
  7. Nice camping story. I love the jeep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Male Doll World - Thanks. Having seen Jurassic Park, I'm a little afraid for them.

      Delete
  8. That's a really nice jeep. Funny that there's a guide seat on the front. But I guess it has to be realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaye - It was the guide chair that really had oohing and awwing about this jeep. It's going to be perfect because there's no way the family would have fit if the guide had to sit inside the jeep.

      Delete
  9. Amazing vehicle! I bet the family is going to have an amazing safari experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Presto - This vehicle is so on time. I never expected I would have it for the camping trip.

      Delete
  10. Hi Vanessa!
    Glad you had a nice sunny day to be able to film this story. We had a big rainstorm last night, and now everything is wet and sloppy. LOL Love the safari vehicle. I'm sure the family will have a great time camping. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - You guys must have sent the rain our way because we got it the following day. Of course, we have all had incredible cold since then too.

      Delete
  11. Very nice vehicle! That jeep is super cool! Oh, and I love Dasia's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - I'm just amazed at all the vehicles my girlfriend actually have. There is still another room packed to the ceiling with at least two or three remote controlled cars.

      Delete
  12. Wow, Vanessa....you know I just love your attention to detail...the little boy riding his bike in the background while the others gather for breakfast...the garbage pail next to the camper (of course)....you really think of everything. And I just LOVE everybody's camping attire--especially in camouflage! Loving the jeep. I've been looking at your vehicles trying to resist buying a Vespa for my dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. april - Thanks! Camille is actually wearing action figure pants. She and her husband are so cute in their matching attire. At least a Vespa won't take up so much space. Not that I'm trying to enable you or anything.

      Delete
  13. Fun story ... I'm kinda reeling at the thought of Dasia in the woods, but no reason why she shouldn't be. I've never been camping - always thought it would be my luck to have an axe murderer or inbred psychopath running about. (Yeah, I watched those kinds of movies, ha ha. My guess is Carmelia watched or watches the same type of movie.)

    Emmitt seems like a fun guy. Cute how he teases Carmelia but doesn't seem mean about her seeming a duck out of water.

    Thanks for going out and doing all the work you did to create this delightful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - See that's exactly why I don't watch those movies. I've been wanting to go camping for many years. I still haven't made it happen. You would think that Carmelia would have the least fear, her being a pastor and all. The jeep gave me the motivation I needed to make this happen. My left leg was only functioning at 50%, but I was determined.

      Delete
  14. Ms. Vanessa do you have any barbie living room sets for sale. I just purchased my first barbie vintage dream house. If you can help in any way. You can email me at meadowsangelia@ymail.com or meadowsangeliad@gmail.com. thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelia - Sadly, I do not have any furniture sets for sale. If I did, they would be too big for the Barbie Dream House. Those houses aren't true 1/6 scale. If I were healthy, I would consider making you something, but at the moment I am down and out. I am stuck in my bedroom with a busted leg. Still not sure if anything is broken. Looking to get xrays next week, if necessary.

      Delete
  15. I love this story! Dasia looks so wonderful in her outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - Hello! Glad you enjoyed the story. After Dasia acquired the outfit she made me promise I would give her an occasion to wear it.

      Delete
  16. Hi Vanessa!
    Your photos and the story are amazing! I love these photos. :)

    Greetings from Czech republic.

    http://mysweetbarbieworld.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole - Hello. Sorry for the late response. I'm still playing catch up with everything happening in my crazy life right now. I really hope to be back on my feet and working on the rest of this story soon.

      Delete
  17. I love this story, you are very creative and the photos are amazing. They look so much like a real family. I love being a great grandma... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgette - Thanks for visiting my blog. I apologize for the late response. I got hit with some health issues and weather issues that caused damage to my home. I'm slowly getting back on track and playing catchup. I probably got your FB message, too, but with my lack of time on the computer, it escaped me.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...