Sunday, July 5, 2015

Roberta's Surprise Guest (Photostory)

It's late Saturday evening and Roberta is spending some time reading her bible.  She has had a full day, and she is just happy to sit back and relax.

*Brrrrrng.  Brrrrrrng*

"Hello? (pause)  JT... how are you?  (pause)  What do you mean you are in town?"
JT asks Roberta if he can drop by to see her.  She's perplexed, but agrees.  She gives him her address.

After hanging up the phone, she decides to play a quick tune on the piano.

"Now, what on earth could he want to talk about?"  (Roberta)

Roberta heads downstairs to freshen up.
*DING DONG*

"Here we go."  (Roberta)
Although she's confused about his visit, she's a little excited to see him again.

"JT, I can't believe you are here."  (Roberta)
"Feels good to hug you again."  (JT)

"Step back.  Let me take a look at you."  (JT)
"Are you hungry?  I can fix you something to eat."  (Roberta)
"No, I grabbed something earlier."  (JT)
"Well, let's go upstairs."  (Roberta)

"It's really good to see you again, Roberta."  (JT)
"Good to see you, too, but what brought you to town?"  (Roberta)
"You did.  I missed you."  (JT)

"What do you mean, you missed me?  When I was living in Florida, it was very clear that you had other things on your mind besides being in a relationship with me."  (Roberta)
"Just because we didn't put a label on it, doesn't mean we weren't a couple."  (JT)
Roberta starts chuckling.  JT pulls her closer to him.

"Look, I know I was a jerk sometimes, and I wasn't always there for you, but this move to Virginia has really thrown me for a loop.  I really miss you and I miss spending time with you."  (JT)

"That's sweet JT, but I don't know what you expect me to do.  My life is here now."  (Roberta)
"Well maybe my life can be here, too."  (JT)
Roberta is stunned and speechless.
"Say something." (JT)
"I don't know what to say.  I don't even know what that means."  (Roberta)

"I'm not 100% sure what that means either, but I would like for us to figure it out together."  (JT)
"That would be nice."  (Roberta)

TO BE CONTINUED....

28 comments:

  1. If he want, then he should have put a ring on it. LOL! JT had an epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janainah - You don't miss what you have until it's gone. Let's see if he's smart enough to do the right thing.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes, Roberta! You go girl! That is one hot hunk of man! And he came all the way from Florida! Can't wait to see where this goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - Did you see his chest almost popping out of that shirt? Goodness. He is quite the hunk.

      Delete
  3. I'm with Phyllis- looking forward to seeing where this goes. "Just because we didn't put a label on it, doesn't mean we weren't a couple." I literally rolled my eyes right there. Some of these older men play just as many games as the young ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewell - Some of the older ones play more games than the young ones. I'm hearing about 70 and 80 year olds still playing games. It's so sad.

      Delete
  4. I say throw him back. He was admittedly a jerk to her and wasn't around when she needed him. Now that she's not around he's finally noticed what a good woman he had? More fish in the sea, girl. Next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - I would say throw him back, too, but chances are the next one will have his own set of problems that may be even worse. The majority of them are jerks.

      Delete
  5. Squeal! JT is very handsome...I sure hope they can work something out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Roberta keeps him even if it's only on a part time bases. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - Lol. That made me think of the Stevie Wonder song, Part-time Lover.

      Delete
  7. JT is being the typical male. Lol! Once that good thing is gone, reality kicks in and here he comes. Maybe he is here to make it legal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Ain't that the truth. He probably didn't believe that she was really leaving town. Surprise. She left his butt right in Florida.

      Delete
  8. I'd be very suspicious of his intent. You don't call, text, or email me you just show up all the to VA from FL to say you miss me??? Not buying it!!! Say good night and go back to reading your Bible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG Lanc - Roberta is old school. Text and email wouldn't work for her. I actually think it's sweet that he showed up. The whole element of surprise works for a lot of women. It would definitely work for me. I've had men call and say they miss me etc. etc, None have showed up like JT did.

      Delete
  9. Loved it. I wish I could come up with some great stories for my crew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KMQ - Thanks. I have lots of stories, but no time to really explore them.

      Delete
  10. Yay, Roberta, for holding her own life as worthy. Romance can be dandy, but R-E-S-P-E-C-T comes first. I see where Danielle gets her common sense from ;-)

    P.S. I love Roberta's bunny slippers.

    P.S.2 I look forward to learning about J.T. (And hope for Roberta's sake that J.T. does not stand for "Jive Time.")

    Old School D7ana ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Yes I think Danielle got her strength from her mom. Let's hope JT doesn't stand for Jive Turkey, either.

      Delete
  11. I like this couple! I see the chemistry! I like the story-line too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - Hopefully JT can get his act together, so they can really be a couple.

      Delete
  12. you were so right, they look perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. billa's dolls - I can spot a great doll couple a mile away. Too bad I can't do the same for my personal life.

      Delete
  13. Yep she looks very natural with him, better than when you ran it by us the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - I think the first time you saw them, she was in shock that she was getting a man. Lol. Now she is very warm to the idea.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...