Saturday, June 7, 2014

Catching up with Danielle

Below is a current story with recycled pictures.  The pictures don't quite fit the words, but I always enjoy stories better when there are pictures.  I wanted to continue with the stories and this was the best way since I can't take pictures right now.  This story will give you an idea of where we are going with future stories.

It's 6am, Friday morning.  Danielle and Rod are still sleeping.  Throughout the night they've shifted positions and Rod is currently spooning Danielle.  They don't care what position they end up in, as long as they are touching throughout the night.  They are so lucky.  Almost two years into the marriage and they are just as happy as before.  Don't get me wrong.  They still have their challenges, and yes Melanie is still a thorn in their relationship.  But all in all, they are doing well.

Danielle stirs before the alarm sounds.  This is pretty typical.  She hates the blaring sound of the alarm, so she has trained herself to wake up on her own terms.  She looks at the clock. Ten more minutes until the alarm goes off.  She looks over at her handsome husband.  She wants to give him a good morning kiss, but she knows that will probably lead down a road she'd rather not travel, this morning.  Morning activity makes her want to sleep in, so she reserves that for the weekend.  She has a lot to do today and no time to waste.

She slides out of bed, grabs her notebook, peeks in on the boys, and heads to the kitchen to make some tea.  She's recently been contemplating starting a new program in Morristown, called, Prevention is Key.  You know Danielle.  She's not happy unless she is doing something beneficial for the community.  With all the recent talk about health care, and the rise of diseases like cancer and heart disease, she wants to do her part to keep her friends healthy.


With a fresh cup of brewed tea, Danielle plops down in a seat at the table and begins to brainstorm in her notebook.


"Good morning, love.  What are you doing?"  Thirty minutes have passed and Rod has entered the kitchen.  He makes a beeline to Danielle and plants a soft kiss on her lips. "What are you working on?"  Rod asks as he peers across the table.  "Here, take a look.  Do you want some coffee?"  Danielle slides her notebook in Rod's direction and he takes a seat at the table.  "Sure."  Rod responds as he looks over Danielle's list.  "What exactly am  I looking at?"  


Danielle brings Rod's coffee to the table, and gives him a little more detail about her plan for the community.  "Now all I have to do is call some of my girls and ask them to help me." "What?  You aren't going to try to do it all yourself this time?"  Danielle shoots Rod a dirty look.  She doesn't appreciate his sarcasm.  Over the past two years, Danielle's tendency to take on too many projects touched a nerve with her new husband.  He has already dealt with one marriage that featured an absentee wife.  He was not looking forward to having another one.  Old habits die hard, and it was tough for Danielle to balance her new life with her old one. She has been doing a much better job lately.

"Relax honey.  I was just kidding.  Do you want me to get the boys, or fix breakfast?"  Rod knows that look and he tries to recover quickly.  "I'll go get the boys.  I'll leave breakfast up to you."  Danielle starts to leave the kitchen. 

 "Oh no you don't.  I can't have you walking out of here with a frown."  Rod states as he grabs Danielle by the hand and pulls her in for a hug.  Danielle smiles and allows her husband to draw her in for a kiss.  It's hard for her to stay mad at him.  She heads upstairs to get the boys ready for school and daycare.

"Mommy,  I need some socks."  "I know Julian.  I'm looking for some right now.  I swear I have to buy new socks every week.  I don't know how we keep losing them."  Danielle shuffles through the drawers.  No luck finding socks, so she gets Jacob dressed.  She's hoping the socks are in the dryer downstairs.

Finally everyone is fed and properly dressed.  Danielle scoots out the door with Jacob and Julian in tow.  She's anxious to get to work.  She'll call a couple of the girls at lunchtime to enlist their help on her new project.  

22 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: great new project. I like the children's room. I wish that you're better. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. I'm looking forward to these new stories.

      Delete
  2. " She hates the blaring sound of the alarm, so she has trained herself to wake up on her own terms. She looks at the clock. Ten more minutes until the alarm goes off. "

    ^^^THIS IS SOOOO ME! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KenyaDoll - Lol! I haven't used an alarm clock for over 20 yrs. The only time I would get a little worried was when I had to catch a flight. Strangely enough, I've never overslept after I stopped using the alarm clock. When I was using it, I was always hitting the snooze button and oversleeping because of it.

      Delete
    2. Same here! That snooze button just makes it worse for me.

      Delete
  3. I don't mind recycled photos at all! It's nice knowing that my favorite couple are staying the course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - I almost didn't include any photos, but what fun is that? Sometimes the first year of a new marriage is the hardest. So they are doing well. Can you believe it's been two years?

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the update on Danielle and Rod. Her new project is inspiring.

    I probably wouldn't have noticed the recycled pictures had you not mentioned them.

    Be well.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dbg - You're welcome. I can't believe how many pictures I've taken over the last 5 years. It's been nice revisiting them.

      Delete
  5. Right on, Danielle! Love how she's there for her family and for her friends. Rod does have a point though that she could use help. (Backing off that topic though 'cause I ain't her hubby, lol.) Good to see these two still in love and still working together. Yay!

    And the boys, Julian and Jacob, are so darn cute.

    Thanks for sharing this story and adding the photos - photos are more fun.

    Take care. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - I've always admired people who were involved with the community. I never took the time to really get involved like I wanted to. I'm happy that Danielle is so passionate about it.

      Delete
  6. I really like the way Danielle cares about her family and friends she is just too amazing actually her family is one of my favorite families in Morristown it's great that Danielle and Rod still has that love! They had two years ago I possibly can't believe it's been two years for there marriage! I possibly can't believe I wasn't reading your photostories for two months your stories really inspire me to collect more dolls and love them more you know a month ago I was gonna stop collecting dolls but I don't think so Im definately going to get new dolls and doll sets and never think about that again I've collected dolls since I was 5 years old! Thank you so much for inspiring me!! Keep going never stop making photostories!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica Joe - My dolls and their stories help keep me going, so I will continue as long as humanly possible. I'm glad to hear you will continue enjoying your dolls and adding to your collection. That makes me smile.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate to Danielle on so many levels! Balance is hard if you're not use to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - So can I! That's why I'm technically single once again.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Taylor - LOL! I don't think Danielle is pregnant.

      Delete
  10. I love the two little beds, very nice! I like Danielle´s lifestyle, she´s very healthy as me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana - Thanks! So, you lead a healthy lifestyle, too? Great.

      Delete
  11. That sock thing is so true. When we are sorting laundry I tell Christopher to look under his bed and make sure there are no more sock. He usually comes back with a few days worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - I call them sock gremlins. I've tried several different tactics to keep up with them and nothing has worked.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...