Wednesday, April 9, 2014
As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be designing new furniture pieces for the store. Redesigning new chairs and sofas has been on my list for over a year. It's not the most fun thing to do, because it takes time. It's always easier to continue making what you've already designed. I decided to start with a chair.
This is the prototype and as such, there are mistakes. How is this chair different than my other arm chair? First of all it has an attached seat back. Secondly, I added piping. The piping is too large, so for the production chair, I will make the piping smaller. The seat cushion is a tad too big which is why there is buckling on the bottom of the cushion. In this fabric is looks very country. I imagine with a solid fabric it could look quite chic. This would make a great nursery chair.
Next up is the base design I did for my new boy's kid bed. I would like to do a number of kid beds for both boys and girls.
I'm not sure what other colors I will use. But it will be nice and shiny when it's all done.
The best thing about prototypes is that my dolls get to keep them. Julian was first in line to receive the car bed. Maybe he will give me some advice about the colors. No, I am not turning it into a Batmobile. I did consider it, but changed my mind.
He's daydreaming about the finished product. So am I.
I'll be working on a new sofa on Friday. All the new items will be additions, not replacements.