Friday, September 6, 2013
Baby Burke's First Visitors (Photostory)
It's the day after and Kendra and baby are doing well. She and Nathaniel decided to name him Cameron.
Kendra has gotten Cameron ready for his first visitors. He's been fed and changed.
Kendra finds herself staring at him all the time. She's still in awe that he is here.
Cameron's first visitors are his great aunt Camille, and his uncle, Darius.
"Hi guys! Come on in." (Kendra)
Camille heads straight to the crib, and Darius goes to give his sister a hug.
"Congratulations, sis! I'm so proud of you." (Darius)
"Thanks. Where's Nikki?" (Kendra)
"She got stuck at work. She said she will stop by later." (Darius)
"Is it okay for me to pick him up?" (Camille)
After Camille takes the baby from the crib, Darius moves the crib to the side.
"Well hello little fella. I'm so happy to finally meet you." (Camille)
Cameron sits attentively with his little balled up fists.
"I can see both you and Nathaniel in him." (Camille)
"You think so? I wasn't sure who he looked like." (Kendra)
"Alright Auntie. Stop being a baby hog. It's time for him to meet his uncle." (Darius)
"Be careful. This is precious cargo." (Camille)
"Hey Cameron. This is your uncle Darius. I have big plans for you." (Darius)
"I think he likes you. Look at that smile he's giving you." (Kendra)
"He knows I'm going to be the one who introduces him to all the ladies." (Darius)
"So when will you and the baby get to go home?" (Camille)
"We can leave tomorrow after we both get one final check up." (Kendra)
"Waaah, waaah!" (Cameron)
"Uh oh. What's wrong Cameron? Come to Mommy." (Kendra in her newly discovered baby voice)
Kendra puts the bear on the bed and reaches out for Cameron.
"I don't know. He shouldn't be hungry. Maybe he's wet again." (Kendra)
As soon as Kendra puts Cameron in her arms, he stops crying.
"Well would you look at that? Spoiled already." (Camille laughing)
"He can't be spoiled already, can he?" (Kendra)
"No sugar. I was just kidding." (Camille)
1) Just in case you were wondering, Nathaniel went home to get some rest.
2) I wonder if Nikki really got stuck at work, or if she chose not to come with Darius?
3) Do you see the muscles on Darius. My, my, my.
4) The crib is from the Gloria set. I painted it. You can see the original in this previous post.
5) In case you missed it, Kendra gave birth to Cameron in yesterday's post.
6) I named the baby Cameron, because it's close to my stepdaughter's name, Carmen. She too, just gave birth to a baby boy just last week.