Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Ladies Reunite for some Girl Talk

Danielle and her friends have not seen each other since the wedding.  Danielle has put out a call to try to get all the ladies together for a drink.  
They decide to meet at this new local spot downtown.  It has a nice outdoor patio perfect for sitting and shooting the breeze.  Lisa and Sunni are the first to arrive. 

They chit chat a little before the other ladies arrive.

Antoinette and Danielle arrive at the same time.

They greet the other ladies then proceed to take their seats.

"We should probably secure a couple of seats from the other table if she isn't going to use them."  (Toni)
"Oh, that's India.  I need to say hello anyway."  (Danielle)


"India, how are you?" (Danielle)
"Well hello!  I haven't seen you since the wedding.  How was everything?"  (India)
Danielle gives her the politically correct response about how great everything was.
"Do you mind if I steal a couple of chairs?"  (Danielle)
"No, go right ahead.  I'm eating alone today."  (India)
Danielle takes two chairs and heads back to her table.

"Okay, now where's the waitress?  I need a drink!"  (Danielle)
"Oh, that doesn't sound good."  (Toni)

The waitress seems to be a little preoccupied with the bartender.

Toni, Lisa, and Sunni engage in conversation.  Danielle is a little perturbed about the waitress.

"Sunni, I hear business is really picking up in the real estate market."  (Toni)
"That is an understatement.  People are flocking here from all over.  My condo sales are through the roof."  (Sunni)

Leslie and Vanessa have finally arrived.

"Hello, hello.  The sexy people have arrived."  (Leslie)

Danielle gets up to give her maid of honor a hug.  She hasn't seen or spoken to her since the wedding.
"So good to see you, girl."  (Leslie)

Leslie grabs a seat and says hello to the other ladies, while Danielle says hello to Vanessa.  Of course everyone is happy to see Vanessa out and about. 

"Boy it is good to see you.  How are you feeling, hon?" (Danielle)
"So much better.  I'm still a little weak, but I had to get out of that bed."  (Vanessa)

"Hello ladies.  Sunni and Antoinette, I haven't seen you guys since the wedding.  You guys look wonderful." (Leslie)

Vanessa and Danielle take their seats, and Vanessa gets bombarded with questions.
"Okay woman, how are you feeling?  Are you sure you should be out here? "  (Lisa)

"I'm doing fine.  I just had a sinus infection that would not go away.  Truth be told, I probably shouldn't be out here, but I had to get out of the house.  I'll probably get a frantic phone call when Keith realizes I've slipped out."  (Vanessa)

"Well you take it easy and know we are here if you need us."  (Sunni)
"I know.  I think just being out with you ladies will help me get better even quicker."  (Vanessa)

"Ladies, are you ready to order, now?"  (Waitress)
"More than ready."  (Danielle)

The ladies put in their drink orders.  The waitress returns pretty quickly with the drinks.


"Alright woman, spill the beans."   (Leslie)

"What are you talking about?  What beans?"  (Danielle)
"What the hell happened at your reception?"  (Leslie)
"Oh goodness, I almost forgot about that fiasco."  (Danielle)
Danielle proceeds to tell the story about Freeman.  Antoinette chimes in occasionally to fill in parts of the story.

"Now that's trifling.  Why would you mess up someone's wedding like that?"  (Lisa)
"You poor thing.  I would have been livid."  (Sunni)

"Well I wasn't thrilled about it, but I had to support my husband.  Can you imagine not knowing where your dad was for all that time?  I couldn't be selfish at a time like that.  He's just too good to me."  (Danielle)

"Unfortunately, that is not all the drama we have had to deal with since the wedding."  (Danielle)
She takes a sip of her drink then proceeds to fill the ladies in on the Melanie drama.  Even though she is taking the high road on this one, it feels good to be able to vent to her girls about this.  

"Please tell me Melanie didn't do that?"  (Toni)
"I almost forgot that she was your sister-in-law."  (Danielle)
"Yes, but I have never condoned her bad behavior.  I swear, sometimes she just goes overboard."  (Toni)

"Wait a minute.  Maybe I didn't hear you right.  She said what to Julian?!"  (Leslie)

"You know I was ready to go over there and strangle her with my bare hands."  (Danielle)

"Girl, we can still go find her now!"  (Lisa)
"No.  I have since decided to try something a little different.  I don't want to be her enemy.  For the sake of all the children involved, I am going to try to handle this in a civil manner."  (Danielle)

"Well if that doesn't work, and she needs a beat down, call me."  (Leslie)
"Leslie, you have been watching too many of those Real Housewives shows.  Nobody is going to be beating anyone down.  I don't want to be bailing you out of jail.  Let's remember, she is an attorney.  I'm sure she'd be quick to file charges against you."  (Danielle)

The ladies continue their girl talk.  Shooting the breeze can be freeing.  Danielle is happy to get together with the ladies.   They have formed such a special bond over the past year.


41 comments:

  1. What a beautiful setting! All of your Dios are so put together and realistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-Lise - Thanks! Glad you are still enjoying them.

      Delete
  2. Nice Fence!!! LOL This was a great episode the Dio was to die for as usual Venting to your girls is very freeing, Danielle has got to be a Very Nice Lady, I still want to scratch Melanie's eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustiwait - Yes the fence came in handy. I need to get one that resembles black wrought iron. Venting harmlessly always feels so good.

      Delete
  3. I adore this patio! I'm so glad her girls have her back as they should. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - Thanks! Yes, there is strength in numbers.

      Delete
  4. Nice story. It's good to see doll Vanessa and human Vanessa feeling better.
    Is the fence on the left - the one for human flowerbeds? We have such fences in our FixPrice stores every summer. I like them, but it's hard to use such a thing in an apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dukasha - Thanks. Yes that is a fence for regular flowerbeds. I am planning to use it with the horses in the near future. I just have it taped here.

      Delete
  5. The patio looks so refreshing, like I'm actually there. It's nice to see Danielle taking some time for herself and her friends. Nice to see you feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - Thanks. It is nice for the ladies to reunite and hang out together without kids and husbands.

      Delete
  6. Great you're feeling better Vanessa. The dio looks great! I love how you create backgrounds in 3D...really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks! I was happy to be able to join the ladies. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. justJay - LOL! Ms. Leo took the words right out my mouth. There is always one Leslie in the bunch.

      Delete
  8. Great story! There is always one Leslie in the bunch! It is great to seeing the girls get back together. You gotta have friends! Let all sing it! Yeah, a purchased a few garden items I plan to use in dio too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - Thanks. Between the six of them, there is great balance. They need that. I bought that fence earlier this year with my horses in mind. Of course, you know how I work. That fence will show up in many, many, places before it is all said and done. Can't wait to see your items.

      Delete
  9. Great story. The plastic flowerbed fences are very useful. I have white picket fence ones, and black, green, and gold ones that look like wrought iron. They stack flat so they don't take up that much room. There are also faux rock flowerbed borders that make nice low garden walls in doll dioramas. Or you can tape some of the wrought iron fencing on top and you have a really impressive walled estate. I use this for my Monster High cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Black wrought iron ones are next on my list. They would have been perfect here. Have you shown us your MH cemetery? If so, I missed it.

      Delete
  10. Hello from Spain: I love this meeting of friends. It's very real. I'm glad Vanessa is already good of her health problems. I like the looks of your many girls ... The terrace bar is awesome. I love this diorama. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Where would we be without good friends? Glad you like the bar. I'll visit soon.

      Delete
  11. Very lovely set-up! And I'm glad the waitress got on the ball with the drinks, those are important! XD

    Poor Danielle... so much to deal with!!! But I'm glad that Vanessa is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather - Thanks. Yes, those drinks were very important. No one told Danielle being married would be easy. LOL! I don't think she expected all this stress so soon.

      Delete
  12. Lovely Patio restaurant.

    How do you remember everyone's personalities and nuances? You are good. LOL I can imagine all the chatter, laughing and fun.
    Danielle is not worried. She has her man...and his daughter's heart. LOL

    Now, bring on the hors d'oeuvres!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - Thanks. Most of the dolls I play with regularly are ingrained in my brain. It's only when I haven't done anything with a doll for a long time that I have to run through her family history for a minute.

      Now you are making me hungry.

      Delete
  13. Danielle needs a drink? LOL, go to it. Nice to see the ladies' day rolling. I like how quietly India made her exit. Eat and run, that would have been me ;-D. Glad to see Vanessa made an escape from Keith and the home - just briefly, of course. Nice ring to the friends' dialogue. What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Danielle deserves to have a drink right about now. I wouldn't mind having such a close knit group of friends. Seems like fun.

      Delete
  14. Just what Danielle needed. A good vent to your girls will always help.
    I love the patio setting. It's just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miranda - Thanks! Nice the ladies were able to get away from the kids and the husbands. Very rare to see them alone.

      Delete
  15. Oops ... forgot to add my appreciation of how well you executed the patio restaurant scene. Looks great. I am almost ready to go there myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - I will make sure the waitress knows you are coming so she can have the food menu ready!

      Delete
  16. Awww that was fun. I am glad the waitress got back quickly with the drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Yes those ladies needed those drinks. Might I suggest you have a little something before your next Insanity workout. Might make it a little more interesting.

      Delete
  17. nice one. leslie is so hot on melanie.hope she cools down a little. and who is toni this is the first time i hear that name in the whole town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jassica - Toni is Antoinette's nickname. I've used her nickname before. Her husband's nickname is Tony. It was probably one of the Sleep over episodes that those names were used. I use her real name and nickname occasionally.

      Delete
  18. Great setting and dialog! Danielle did seem a little antsy so some girl time was probably what she needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Danielle was a little on edge to say the least. She's be back to work soon and getting back to normal routine will help.

      Delete
  19. Ah girl talk!! You look pretty gorgeous in that dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - LOL! Thanks! Putting on a cute dress always makes me feel a little better.

      Delete
  20. OMG, I love that patio! Taking notes for future dios... And the pics are great under that natural light... I miss girl talk, lately I just go around with my hubby... (and though I love her much it is not the same, you know...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Thanks! Hanging with the hubby/man is always great, but definitely not the same as hanging with the girls on occasion. Both fun, just different.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...