Thursday, December 1, 2016

Day Out With Zoé (Photostory)

Getting back to the story I started before Thanksgiving...

Danielle was having cabin fever, so she planned to meet her girlfriends at the local park.  They are meeting on the east side of the park with the picnic tables, the photo booth, and the food vendor.

Vanessa, Antoinette and Lisa arrived close to the same time.

Our college student Liam is also a budding entrepreneur.  He owns a small vending booth.  Two days during the week he is here at the park.  There is a lot of competition for this space on the weekend.  Right now he only gets one Saturday every third month.  

Oh, look.  Leslie is arriving with Joseph.  

"Hey, ladies.  How is everyone?"  (Leslie)
All the ladies say hello.

"So Danielle hasn't arrived yet?"  (Leslie)

"You remember what is was like having a newborn.  Every time you thought you were ready to walk out the door the baby was either hungry or needed a diaper change."  (Lisa)
"Yes, I remember.  That's why I'm always late.  Joseph isn't a newborn, but it's a challenge getting anywhere on time with him in tow."  (Leslie) 

The ladies spend a few minutes getting caught up.

Before long Vanessa looks up and sees Danielle coming across the park.
"There's Danielle."  (Vanessa)

"Awww, she's so cute.  She has that new mommy look."  (Lisa)
"Need some help?"  (Vanessa)

"No, I got it."  (Danielle)

"Sorry to keep everyone waiting.  This is our first time out and I underestimated the time needed to get us out the house."  (Danielle)

"I also didn't realize how tired I was going to be."  (Danielle)
"It's going to take a little time to get all your strength back."  (Lisa)

"Okay, enough with all the small talk, I'm ready to see the little princess."  (Leslie)
"Okay, okay.  Let me get her out of this stroller."  (Danielle)
Leslie and Vanessa have yet to meet Zoé.  Antoinette and Lisa saw her at the hospital.

"Ohhhh, this is bringing back memories of when Ciana was little."  (Leslie)

"Awwww, she's beautiful.  Can I hold her?"  (Leslie)
"Of course."  (Danielle)

"What a doll?"  (Vanessa)
"Yes, she is."  (Leslie) 
"Mama?"  (Joseph)

"Yes?  Are you trying to see the baby?"  (Leslie)

"Anyone want something to eat?"  (Daneille)
"Can you grab me a hotdog?  No bun, please."  (Antoinette)
"Okay."  (Danielle)


"Hi, Liam.  How are you today?"  (Danielle)
"Great Ms. Danielle. What can I get for you today?"  (Liam)

"I have grilled teriyaki chicken,

beef hot dogs, pretzels, and popcorn.

"Do you have anything healthier?"  (Danielle)
"I have some fresh fruit.  I can fix you one of my famous smoothies."  (Liam)
"That sounds great.  I'll also take two of the hot dogs for my friend."  (Danielle)

Leslie has relinquished Zoé over to Vanessa.

"Sort of makes you want to have another baby.  Doesn't it?"  (Vanessa)
"No.  They are cute and adorable, but sooo much work."  (Antoinette)
"All they do is sleep and eat at this stage."  (Vanessa)
"Unfortunately, they always seem to sleep at the wrong time."  (Lisa)

As Liam works on Danielle's smoothie, 

he watches the ladies.  They are a little too far away to hear what they are saying. 

Back at the table, the ladies start in on all the questions.

"So how's my brother-in-law handling being a new daddy?"  (Antoinette)
"You know he is in heaven.  He's been a big help with the boys."  (Danielle)

"Are the boys happy to have a new little sister?"  (Vanessa)
"Julian is.  Jacob is still warming up to her.  This morning was the first time he acknowledged her when leaving for school."   (Danielle)
"I remember when we had Kenaz, Zahara turned into a little terror.  She was not happy about not being the center of attention."  (Antoinette)

"Hey, little lady.  What's wrong?  I guess you have been in that seat long enough."  (Lisa)

"By the way, thanks again for all those baby clothes.  They are going to come in handy."  (Danielle)

"You're welcome.  She had so many clothes, she just didn't' get a chance to wear everything."  (Lisa)
"I've been trying not to over buy because I know she will not be this size forever."  (Danielle)

"Wouldn't it be wonderful if they stayed this size longer?"  (Vanessa)
"I don't know.  I don't want to be toting a baby around forever.  I liked it better once the boys were walking and talking."  (Danielle)

"I don't know what I will do when the kids grow up and leave the house.  I'm sad just thinking about it."  (Leslie)
"You have a long time before that happens.  Just enjoy your time with them now."  (Lisa)

"Switching gears, what's everyone doing for Thanksgiving?"  (Antoinette)

The ladies hang out a little while longer talking about a little of everything, but then duty calls and they all have to get home before the kids arrive home.  


25 comments:

  1. All of the strollers are so cute. The park always looks nice. Good for Liam and his being an entrepreneur. Make that money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaye -Thanks. I'm so proud of Liam. I miss the college crew.

      Delete
  2. Cute story Vanessa, I've missed your posts. I love all the girls' sweaters etc, especially Leslie's little bolero-type red jacket. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FIONA - Thanks. I took a mini break to make some greeting cards. No I didn't make Leslie's sweater. I've had that one a few years now. Can't remember where I got it from.

      Delete
  3. There are so many little ones in Morrisville, it's always great to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brini - Thanks. I need to figure out how to show more residents in less time. I miss seeing the families together.

      Delete
  4. Lisa has relinquished Zoé over to Vanessa.
    It was Leslie, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dukasha - Sorry. No matter how hard I try to keep those names straight, it never fails there will be a slip-up.

      Delete
  5. Good to see Danielle with her friends. Nice that she has a peer family ;-)

    The strollers are cute. I LOVE how Leslie has a black one - for her son - and Danielle's is pink and white for her daughter. Not that they had to be color-coded for the children's gender. More like Leslie would likely choose the darker, more practical stroller while Danielle with her first daughter, would choose something pretty and frilly.

    The mushroom table and stools set is cute.

    Love seeing Liam, too. Go fella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Thanks. I love your analysis of the color coded strollers. Lol.

      Delete
  6. Good to see Danielle out with the baby and her friends. It is nice to be able to get together with friends like that. Everybody is looking good. Maybe you will have to do another event like the Daddy Daughter Dance you did a couple of years ago so you can showcase all of your families again! I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - I know I always get an extra boost when I meet with my girlfriends. I imagine it feels even better when you are feeling isolated with a baby. That Daddy daughter dance was at least 4 yrs ago. My time sure does fly.

      Delete
  7. Hi Vanessa!
    Cute story. Sometimes moms have to get out and spend time with their girlfriends. Love Danielle's sweater. Did you make that or did you get it somewhere? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - Thanks. Getting out with friends can be just what the doctor ordered. Danielle's sweater is one of the newest Christopher Banks sweaters. It is one of my faves. The plaid shirt tail is built into the sweater. You must have missed my post about the sweater sale. They are normally $7.00, but they had a sale for 2 for $6.00. Antoinette's is another one I purchased. I have two more to show.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Vanessa. I saw that post but didn't make the connection. Love those sweaters! :-)

      Delete
  8. Love everyone's winter wear. Your dolls are always so stylish even when they are just hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - You know how it is when you get with friends. Sometimes you have to bring it.

      Delete
  9. Yay, Zoe's so cute. Are you going to day a story for Christmas shopping and Christmas day? Zoe's first Christmas, aww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvania - I don't know what I will have time to do. I will be leaving town next weekend, but I will see what I can get donw. I would love to do a Christmas shopping story, but that might take a lot of setup.

      Delete
  10. The park set up is nice as well as Liam's booth. It is good Danielle was able to get out. Initially, I thought she would be alone, but she had Zoe in tow. She seems to be adjusting well.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Thanks. I like having the park space and the ability to make it different to represent different areas of a larger park. If she had shown up without the baby, I think she would have gotten an earful from the ladies. She's been getting a lot of help from her mom and Rod, so her adjustment is definitely going better than expected.

      Delete
  11. Bonjour Vanessa, j'espère que tu recevras mon message, car je t'écris à partir d'une tablette. Je fais un test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shasarignis - Oui! J'ai recu ton message. Le test c'est un success.

      Delete
  12. I love all the little details of your park...especially the food!!! Looks so good. Good to see everyone getting out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. april - Thanks! I have purchased so many things over the years, and I haven't used half of them. I'm trying to start. Next year will be all about using the stuff I have.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...