Saturday, June 4, 2016

Home At Last (Photostory)

When we last saw Danielle she was at the baby store, talking on the phone to husband, Rod.  He had just received a call from Melanie, who was livid about her encounter with Danielle, while grocery shopping.  Danielle was trying to play it cool, but she was not in any hurry to get back home to face her husband. 

Well....she finally made her way back home.

Rod hears the garage door go up, and he knows that his wife is finally home.

Danielle gets out of the car and just stands in the garage for a minute.  She's not at all sure what she is going to meet on the other side of that door.

"Julian, keep an eye on Jacob.  I'm going to help your mother with the bags."  (Rod)
"Okey dokey."  (Julian)

By the time Rod gets downstairs Danielle has made her way inside.
"Hey."  (Danielle)
"Hey.  Are you okay?  I was beginning to think you weren't ever coming back."  (Rod)
"I just needed some time to myself."  (Danielle)

"So what the hell happened between you and Melanie?"  (Rod)
"Well what did she say happened?"  (Danielle)
"She didn't really give me any details.  She was just ranting and raving, and threatening to take me to court, again."  (Rod)

"Take you to court?  For what?"  (Danielle)
"She's claiming that you nearly attacked her, and now she's not comfortable with you being around Nicole, because of your volatile behavior."  (Rod) 

"My volatile behavior?!  What on earth has she been smoking."  (Danielle)
"What happened?"  (Rod, with a little angst in his voice)
"We exchanged a few words.  I told her how I didn't appreciate her trying to cause discord within my family."  (Danielle)
Danielle continues to talk about what happened at the grocery store.  She decides to tell all just in case she does have to defend herself in court.

Rod is speechless.  He's not even sure what to say.
"I'm at a loss for words.  I'm not even sure why you felt the need to confront her in the first place.  You know how she is."  (Rod)
"I wasn't intending to argue with her.  It just happened."  (Danielle)

"You are seven months pregnant, these things can't just happen.  Any number of things could have gone wrong."  (Rod)
Danielle can feel the disappointment in his voice and that causes her to get emotional.  What she wanted to say to him was how this was partially his fault.  Her temporary lapse in judgement was the direct result of him not being forthright and telling her exactly what Melanie was up to, a few weeks prior,   She knows this statement will only make it worse.  Her pregnancy hormones are getting the better of her, and she can feel the tears coming.

Rod can sense it too, and he pulls her a little closer.
"Please don't cry.  It's going to be okay.  I'm hoping Melanie will come to her senses in a few days and just drop this nonsense."  (Rod)

"And if she doesn't?"  (Danielle)
"Then we will just deal with it.  We won't be the first couple dragged into court for no reason.  And you are a pillar in the community.  I don't think anyone would believe you are volatile and a threat to anyone.  Chin up."  (Rod)

"Baby, I am so sorry.  I didn't mean to make things worse."  (Danielle)

"Just please stay away from her for now."  (Rod)
"Okay, but can you please keep me in the loop on what's going on with her?"  (Danielle)
"Yes.  I can do that."  (Rod)
"Now can you grab the bags out the car, while I go check on my babies?"

21 comments:

  1. I love your stories, cute sets and great dialog. And by the way... the pants and jeans I ordered from you - totally awesome - inspired me to get creative and blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeMari - Thanks. I ran over to your blog first to see your outfits. Fabulous job pairing those up.

      Delete
  2. I don't think Melanie will take her to court. I think she just likes to threaten Rod with that, but I think she is smart enough to know that she couldn't win a case like that. She is just full of hot air!

    I do agree that Rod needs to start keeping Danielle in the loop on things with Melanie. It is important for a married couple to be honest with each other. Another great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - If this Melanie is anything like the real Melanie, Rod and Danielle will be headed to court. Sometimes it's not about winning the case, it's about causing pain and disruption.

      Delete
    2. That's too bad. I guess some people aren't happy unless they make someone else's life miserable!

      Delete
  3. What a great story,again.I hate when Melanie blame stuff on her and taking them to court.DON'T SHE UNDERSTAND SHE IS PREGNANT.I bet she was like that when she was pregnant with Nicole.I think that she is just threatening them so they could leave her alone. Also do you like ideas from your viewers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaiden - Thanks. So glad you enjoyed the story. Sorry Melanie got under your skin....again.

      Delete
  4. Great photostory as always! Melanie is such a bully! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. Bullies are the worst, but we just can't let them steal our joy.

      Delete
  5. Hi Vanessa,
    I think Melanie is all talk and no action - like Georgia Girl said - a big bully. She really needs to get over herself! Geez! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - In this case I really think she will go through with her threats. It will be interesting to say the least.

      Delete
  6. Melanie just wants to be the center of attention. Shame she cant just get over herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - I think it's more than that. I really think she wants Rod and Danielle to NOT be so happy together.

      Delete
  7. I can't say enough about how much I love what you've done with their place. Also, I really like how tender Rod is with Danielle. Even before she was pregnant, he handled these tense conversations well. As for Melanie, that biotch is just plain bitter and clearly derives pleasure from creating discord between Rod and Danielle and herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewell- Thanks. Rod was not happy at all, but he did handle the situation well. You know once those tears start coming... Melanie put the "B" in bitter and that other word. LOL.

      Delete
  8. Well, things might get tough but I think Rod and Danielle will be able to handle it. And if it does go to court, it will be interesting. (Of course, in Australia, Nicole would also probably be able to have some input at court given her age. I guess it might be different in the US.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Yes court will be interesting, if they end up there. Here in most states once a child is 14, they can decide which parent they want to live with. Depending on the judge, they may talk to a child who is a little younger and get their input. Doesn't always happen.

      Delete
  9. Hola, hola.
    Me encantan tus muebles. Es un deleite venir a tu blog y ver tus dioramas. Gracias por compartirnos tus historias.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lindaivette - Gracias tanto . Espero volver a hacer incluso más historias pronto. Tengo un par de proyectos para terminar alrededor de mi propia casa , entonces me puedo relajar y jugar un poco más .

      Delete
  10. UGH Melanie! You're going to have to give her a distraction Vanessa. I was so caught up in the story now I have to go look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think they are headed to court.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...