Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Talk (Photostory)


Dinner is over and Danielle is relaxing with a cup of cocoa and chocolate chip cookies.

The boys are in their favorite room in the house, playing with their new cars.  Do you get the feeling their are a little spoiled?

These cars are the perfect size for the road on the rug. 

Rod volunteered to clean the kitchen.  He's almost done.  He's contemplating the upcoming conversation with his dear wife.

Upstairs Danielle is also anticipating her conversation with Rod.  She doesn't like being kept in the dark, and she wants him to come clean.

With the final dishes washed, Rod makes his way to the living room.  Danielle keeps her eyes fixed on the t.v. 

She takes a sip of her cocoa as Rod removes his shoes.  She has yet to look in his direction.

"So I'm here.  Let's talk."  (Rod)
"I'm listening."  (Danielle)
"And what is it that you would like me to say?"  (Rod)

"Rod! I would like for you to tell me what is going on with Melanie,."  (Danielle)
"You and I both know that Melanie is prone to going overboard.  I didn't see the need to discuss her antics."  (Rod)
"It mattered enough for you to discuss it with Tony and not your wife.  I think you owe me an explanation and an apology."  (Danielle)

"And what exactly am I apologizing for?  For protecting my wife and children from a hateful woman?  It is my job to protect you guys and I will never apologize for doing my job."  (Rod)

With those sentiments, Danielle's tone softens.  How do you argue with a man who just wants to protect you.  "I just want to be kept in the loop.  I hate being blindsided."  (Danielle)

"I will do my best, but you have to trust me.  When there is something important to tell you, I will.  Melanie is full of drama and sometimes she says things without thinking.  I just have to let it all play out.   Do you trust me?"  (Rod)

"Of course I trust you, but..."  (Danielle)
"No buts."  (Rod)

Rod starts taking the hot chocolate and cookies from Danielle.
"What are you doing?"  (Danielle)
"Didn't you just say that you trust me?  Just relax and go with the flow."  (Rod)

Rod puts Danielle's feet in his lap.

He then starts massaging her right foot.
"Mmmm, that feels good."  (Danielle)

Rod just keeps on massaging without speaking.

Danielle is in seventh heaven.  She decides not to let Melanie stress her out or bring a riff between her and Rod.  It's just not worth it.

As Rod starts pressing on pressure points, Danielle gets even more relaxed.  She leans back and closes her eyes.
"If you keep this up, you are gong to have a very good night, tonight."  (Danielle)
He looks up at his wife, without stopping the massage.  He's tempted to pick her up and carry her to the bedroom.  Then he remembers the kids are still up.  Dam*.  

Speaking of the kids, they have divided up the cars between them.  They each got three of the same color.  The extra colors were black and green.
"Are you ready to go again?  I'm ahead 4 to 1."  (Julian)

I found the cute little cars at the Cracker Barrel last night for $3.99.  I can't believe how perfect they are.  Looks like Rod dodged a bullet.  He's so smooth.



27 comments:

  1. Haha, Rod is smooth! He certainly knows how to get himself out of trouble. The pulling the "let me massage your feet" ploy. Who wouldn't cave in for that one! Another cute story. I do love this house so much, I always go back and look at your progress pictures of it. Oh, and that little car set is so cute! Those little guys are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - People that love having massages are easily swayed by a good massage. Danielle is no exception. Lol.

      Delete
  2. I love the new cars. You find them such cute things.

    Rod is smooth with the 'I'm protecting my family' line and then massaging feet. Smooth move, Rod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janainah - I couldn't believe how perfectly those cars fit on the rug roads. Rod is certainly no dummy. He was working out his plans while washing those dishes.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that Danielle didn't allow Melanie to horn in on her marriage. And Rod is a smooth talking wise fella. Love the boys toys too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenova - Nothing like an outsider wreaking havoc on a marriage. It's hard sometimes to let the pettiness go by the wayside.

      Delete
  4. Those tiny cars are great!

    Rod knows the magic of foot massage. Solves many problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smaller Places - Now if I can only find little cars that will fit on the table. I may have to make those. Could be fun. And yes, a massage of any kind can do wonders.

      Delete
  5. Ooh wee...it is getting serious! Im on the edge of my seat. And pray tell how did you close her eyes? So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeMari - If they do end up going to court, it could get real ugly. I closed the eyes using retouch in my picture editing software.

      Delete
  6. Real women always triumph over the petty ones! I don't wonder what made Tony discuss Rod's issues with Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doll Thang - I agree, but sometimes even real women get pulled into the mess of the petty ones. You have to remember that Melanie used to be Tony and Antoinette's sister-in-law. I'm sure Tony probably just said something like, "Melanie is at it again", and the conversation took off from there. He probably didn't know that Rod hadn't discussed it with Danielle.

      Delete
  7. Hello from Spain: I like the couch. Great living room. Fabulous cars. Rob is a great guy. It is best to talk. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. It's always best for couples to keep the line of communication open.

      Delete
  8. Great story Vanessa! Rod is alright with me!! Lol! He really pulled that one off! I love this couple and I am so happy that Melanie is not causing chaos that is unbeknownst to her. Love the little cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. Rod is a gem. He dodged a bullet this time. She was about to let him have it.

      Delete
  9. He is smooth. I was all tight too ready for his explanation. He relaxed me too! LOVE this couple/family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - LOL! If he was able to relax you, he is indeed smooth. Once he got to massage her feet, she didn't even care about what Melanie said.

      Delete
  10. I still love your blog. Awesome kid's toys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still love your blog. Awesome kid's toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duke of Swann - Thanks. I couldn't believe it when I saw these cars. Never imagined I would find them at a restaurant

      Delete
  12. Smart guy Rod. He knows how to diffuse a potentially angry situation. The massage helps alot! LOL Love this story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - Why can't more men be like Rod? I think there would be a lot happier couples out there.

      Delete
  13. Very smooth but I hope he tells Danielle everything if anything more happens and she needs to know. And those cars are cute - you'll have to explain a bit more to me about how you got them. What kind of a restaurant is Cracker Barrel (sorry, but here it is a type of cheese)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Let's hope Rod learned his lesson. If he isn't going to share it with her, he best not share it with anyone until the time is right. Cracker Barrel is a chain of restaurants that offer country style food and decor. They have a country store attached to the restaurant and their inventory changes every few months. It's always a good place to find unique gifts.

      Delete
  14. Oh, that Rod! Doing the dishes, standing his ground and taking care of his lady. All in a day's work for Super Rod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - You know he was trying to think of a good story while he was washing those dishes. Lol.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...