Monday, December 15, 2014

The Happy Couple (Photostory)

It's the end of the day and Tina, the psychiatrist, is finished for the day.  Her fiancee, Harrison, has arrived to take her out to dinner.

"It's so good to see you honey.  It's been a trying day.  Everyone is extra stressed because of the holidays.  Sometimes it's hard to feel happy when so many people are hurting."  (Tina)
"Well, you're the doctor.  You have to lead by example and keep smiling."  (Harrison)
"I know.  Having you in my life makes that a little easier."  (Tina)  

"Before I forget, Leslie wants to know if we can have Christmas dinner at her house?  Shantavia and Bruce are invited, too."  (Harrison)
"Oh that's so sweet of her.  I would love to.  I will have to check to see if Shantavia is available.  Now that she and Bruce are getting serious, I can't just assume she's going to be available.  I'll call her tonight after dinner.  (pause)  Why are you looking at me like that?"  (Tina)
"No reason.  I'm just happy to have you in my life."  (Harrison)
"Ohhh honey.  You're so sweet."  (Tina)

Tina bends down and gives Harrison a nice juicy kiss.

"Speaking of being in your life, we really need to get moving on these wedding plans.  We're not getting any younger you know."  (Tina)
"I told you, just tell me where to be and when, and I will show up with bells on."  (Harrison)
"That's no fun, honey.  I want you to help with the planning.  It's your special day, too."  (Tina)
"Honey, the thing that's making it special for me is you.  As long as you and I are together at the end of the day, I'm happy."  (Harrison)
"You are not getting off that easy."  (Tina)

"Where are you going?"  (Harrison)
"To get my stuff together, so we can go."  (Tina) 

"Okay.  I think I have everything."  (Tina)
"Where do you want to eat?"  (Harrison)

"Oh, I don't know.  I don't want to be out too late.  I have a few cases I need to review before I hit the sack tonight."  (Tina)
"Does that mean I'm sleeping at home tonight?"  (Harrison)

"You know you are always welcome to stay.  I will try not to work too late."  (Tina)
"I guess I will have to get used to you burning the midnight oil.  Here, let me help you with that."  (Harrison)

"Thanks, honey."  (Tina)

Harrison sneaks a little kiss after buttoning up Tina's sweater.

They head out, arm in arm, to dinner.

Tina's sweater was gifted to me by Rosemary Hill of Life in Rosemary Hill.   The sweaters are so well made.  I love them.  You can see the other sweaters from her in this post.

28 comments:

  1. great story they make a lovely couple. the sweater is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shirley - Thanks. I really wish I had the patience to crochet and knit.

      Delete
  2. That is a gorgeous sweater! Tina is the epitome of understated office-friendly chic. (What Tina looks like is what I thought, as a kid, grown-ups were supposed to look like, and it was something to look forward to!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smaller Places - Isn't it the cutest little sweater? I wish I was as chic as Tina. I could use a dose of her understated class.

      Delete
  3. These two are such a cute couple. I love it when people get a second chance at love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - I'm hoping to be one of those people who get a second chance at love. I could really use it right about now.

      Delete
  4. Hey Vanessa, hoping all is well with you. I read your last post and was happy to see this story. Tina and Harrison are a good looking couple. Tina seems very classy love her attire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AG Lanc - I was even happier to see the story. Lol. I'm hoping I will surprise myself with another story real soon. Tina is one of my favorite Mattel dolls.

      Delete
  5. Nice to see this mature couple.

    Tina's entire ensemble looks sharp from the glitzy but subtle earrings, the ladylike scarf, and the tailored skirt. Rosemary Hill's sweater fits, too. I mean the outfit.

    Thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Tina says thanks for the compliments. She's who I want to be when I grow up.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Tracy - I think Tina is in good hands. Harrison seems like a sweetheart.

      Delete
  7. Girl, these dolls are getting so fashionable! I love Tina's sweater. Harrison is ruggedly handsome. Where did you find him??? They really do make a lovely couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya - HELLO! So nice to see a comment from you. That means you are back to blogging? I will check. Hope you are well. These dolls are ten times more fashionable than I am. I guess if I spent as much money on my own wardrobe as I do on theirs, I would be just as fashionable. I found Harrison's head on a site called Monkey Depot.

      Delete
  8. What an adorable couple! Have they set a date yet? I love the sweater. Maybe after Christmas I'll be able to start making doll clothes again. My new FR ladies desperately need clothes. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - They may just be doing a small ceremony with just family. At least that is what I'm suggesting to Tina, as her wedding planner. I was thinking about sewing just recently. That thought didn't linger long though.

      Delete
  9. Dearest Vanessa! Thanks for the kins words! It is so good and heartwarming to see that Tina can use the sweater and fits her so well :) She is a very pretty lady! Many hugs from Hungary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary - I know you had Rod in mind for that sweater. I'm sure he will wear it one day, too. It was perfect for Tina. Thanks again for the wonderful treats!

      Delete
  10. I seen the most beautiful gown for her wedding. Please go to ebay type in toner tyler barbie wedding gowns and look. When I say beautiful. I wish I had the money cause I would purchase it for you. When is the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelia - Those are beautiful gowns. The ones I saw were for 16" dolls, not the 12" size. I will look again. Tina already went wedding dress shopping a couple months ago. I did a story on her at the bridal shop. I think she and Harrison are still solidifying all the details.

      Delete
  11. Tina is a gorgeous doll, and they make a lovely couple. I love the tenderness between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewel - I love having seeing older couples in love. They started dating at the New Year's party a couple years ago.

      Delete
  12. Hello from Spain: great wool sweater. Nice pictures. They form a great couple. Very real. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks. I have to get busy with some new stories so I can show more sweaters.

      Delete
  13. Hi Vanessa, they are happy and they show it!
    I'm so glad to see a new photostory from you!
    Kisses Billa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonjour Vanessa !
    They are a gorgeous couple.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im so happy you did a story. Im looking forward to many more. Have a merry Christmas. I love the stories they are so heart felt. Can we expect another baby on the way in the stories any time soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...